Weapon Enchants (Pre/Early-Raid)

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Mageski

Weapon Enchants (Pre/Early-Raid)

Unread postby Mageski Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:08 pm

*EDIT* This post was before the nerf to the enchant's proc rate. Leaving for posterity, but this is all outdated.

On my gear, the bleed weapon enchant is simming about 150 dps higher than Frostwolf. As well, Frostwolf only accounted for one additional FFB (30 vs 29) over the course of the fight. For kicks, I decided to run the Warsong enchant as well and Frostwolf is almost identical to Warsong (3 dps different). All of these tests were done on a 5 minute duration, since Butcher is the only real Patchwerk fight to compare on.

For reference, it's showing that Shattered Hand is contributing about 600 DPS on its own.
Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/e ... i/advanced" target="_blank

Now, fast forward to the T17M BiS profile and it flips, Frostwolf being about 150 DPS above Shattered Hand and Warsong another 150 below that.

Summary: It looks like at lower iLvl, sticking to Mark of the Shattered Hand might be optimal, or at the very least a viable/economical way to go until your gear level increases. Personally, given the high difference in the materials cost, I expected this gap to be much greater. As for the thought of higher MS giving more procs, allowing for mobility, the numbers show only one gained FFB and that doesn't really seem to be worthwhile when you can save 14 Temporal Crystals and potentially do more DPS.

Edit: This was done with MI/IN/TV, running tests with other talents now, but I welcome any input.
Edit 2: Ran about a half dozen combinations of TV/PC/MI/RoP/UM/IN and all results were similar.
Last edited by Mageski on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gameorg

Re: Weapon Enchants (Pre/Early-Raid)

Unread postby gameorg Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:17 am

In the other thread something similar was posted.

Before T17 gear u wana go with shattered hand. The better the gear the better mark of the frostwolf becomes.
TheGreyPaladin

Unread postby TheGreyPaladin Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:55 pm

FYI per patch notes they are reducing the damage on shattered hand ;(
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:22 pm

They are reducing the RPPM chance, where does it say the damage? Might need to go fix that if true. I've re-sim'd and have the enchant breakdown in the sticky, under the assumption only the RPPM is being reduced.
DeathDefier
Global Moderator

Unread postby DeathDefier Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:49 pm

Damage was already reduced last week, I doubt they reduced it again. It was already behind Frostwolf before this change, this just makes it even bigger.
Mageski

Unread postby Mageski Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:51 pm

They are reducing the RPPM chance, where does it say the damage? Might need to go fix that if true. I've re-sim'd and have the enchant breakdown in the sticky, under the assumption only the RPPM is being reduced.
The value of the tick is the same, it will just proc less often.
TheGreyPaladin

Unread postby TheGreyPaladin Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:17 am

Ya Frosted is right the damage from the mark of the shattered hand enchant is being reduced by lowering the RPPM chance per

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status ... 2599845889" target="_blank

Shattered Hand changed from 3.5 to 2.5 RPPM

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”