best way to do ko'ragh heroic?

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
perchon

best way to do ko'ragh heroic?

Unread postby perchon Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:56 am

It's all comp-based i guess, but wanted to hear some opinions on the best way to manage his damage and shield. I guess if you have too many magic classes, you end up breaking his shield too many times and get too many orbs. If you have too many physical classes, you take too long getting the shield off.

Seems like the adds are just aggro'ing to the healers. So as long as they stack near sup fields, should be easy. Also seems like stacking the sup fields together instead of having them spread all over town is better. My guild is shit and did the exact opposite of all of this, but was just curious if any of you have some tips that might make things easier.
Zyrachiel

Re: best way to do ko'ragh heroic?

Unread postby Zyrachiel Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:31 am

What really helped up was having all dps ignore the adds and continue attacking him while he was charging his shield up, while a holy paladin with Righteous Fury up aggroed all the adds to himself where they got bunched up and mostly killed by the tanks inside a nullification zone.
perchon

Unread postby perchon Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:30 am

Nice. we ended up getting it down, but it wasn't pretty.
Manny

Unread postby Manny Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:50 pm

My group is mostly all magic damage classes (20 man comp, 1 warrior and 2 hunters, so lots of magic damage coming out). We decided to pool the adds into null zones and just have our mDPS kill them (adds faced mDPS to avoid the null zone). I pooled and threw 2x Ice Nova and/or orb during this period but otherwise was focusing the boss with any procs and frostbolt.

I ranked in the 90th percentile despite being 634 at the time of encounter. So take that the way you want to for success.
Kams

Unread postby Kams Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:25 am

I guess if you have too many magic classes, you end up breaking his shield too many times and get too many orbs. If you have too many physical classes, you take too long getting the shield off.
The orbs are based on time so you want to have a balance of ranged and melee so that you can keep up with the increasing orbs and also kill the boss.
If add damage is a problem, which isn't likely because no one can resist that much aoe, then save an Ice Nova or two. You should also use frozen orb on the adds if it lines up, it doesn't do enough damage to kill them and it lets you spam Ice Lances in to the boss.
Jusanthrmage

Unread postby Jusanthrmage Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:08 pm

Has anyone have any tips here on placement of PC?. When Ko'ragh goes and runs to the middle for charging his shield are people putting the PC on Ko'ragh or in the middle of one of the null zones?. Also if we are using frost nova and frozen orb where should the PC go?, or is there a better talent for this fight?.

Thank-you in advance for any replies
Freez

Unread postby Freez Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:11 am

We killed him yesterday with magic dmg dealers on shield and melees on adds.
Smaiki

Unread postby Smaiki Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:23 pm

What really helped up was having all dps ignore the adds and continue attacking him while he was charging his shield up, while a holy paladin with Righteous Fury up aggroed all the adds to himself where they got bunched up and mostly killed by the tanks inside a nullification zone.
This.
Just dps the boss and wait until the boss charged his shield completely (= all adds are spawned), the tanks try to catch all adds while he is charging and pull them to the latest zone. Now bomb them.
It's more complicated if you try to kill the adds bit by bit as they spawn.
Has anyone have any tips here on placement of PC?. When Ko'ragh goes and runs to the middle for charging his shield are people putting the PC on Ko'ragh or in the middle of one of the null zones?. Also if we are using frost nova and frozen orb where should the PC go?, or is there a better talent for this fight?.

Thank-you in advance for any replies
I don't use PC here because the boss moves too much in my opinion everytime he places its suppression fields which makes it hard to cleave with the IL-glyph.
Daiceman

Unread postby Daiceman Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:06 pm

I don't use PC here because the boss moves too much in my opinion everytime he places its suppression fields which makes it hard to cleave with the IL-glyph.
I just save my PC for when he runs to the middle with his shield down
Kams

Unread postby Kams Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:08 am

I just save my PC for when he runs to the middle with his shield down
If you wait for him to charge and place a suppression field there is enough time to get a good crystal off. The problem when dropping it when he goes in to the middle is that you might start splashing damage on to the adds that run by and then that is lost boss damage and boss/shield damage is all that matters on this fight. Also if you are holding on to crystal for too long then you would get more dps from Thermal Void.
Laere

Unread postby Laere Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:56 pm

Would you consider going TV if you're doing shields? I am second in for shields, and I feel like sometimes I am not even close enough to the boss to use crystal as effectively, whereas TV is just a passive benefit that I don't have to worry about too much.
TLTeo

Unread postby TLTeo Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:29 pm

Yeah i personally always run TV (i'm 4th on shields, so only go in if strictly necessary) on this fight because between the movement and add cleave, it feels really easy to screw up the crystal. I'm sure with perfect play you could make PC work, but i don't feel like it's worth it for me personally and TV is really close in performance anyway.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”