Talents for Mythic Twin Ogron

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Songette

Talents for Mythic Twin Ogron

Unread postby Songette Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:39 pm

So, I've been attempting to kill Mythic Twin Ogron with my group, and I'm trying to maximize my DPS. I'm going as frost, but considered going fire as well.

Tried Ice Nova + Mirror Image + Thermal Void, then FBomb + Mirror Image + Thermal Void. The results were roughly the same, but since we didn't go past 60%, I don't know which choice will be better to sustain the DPS. The fingers of frost cleave is ridiculously bugged, sometimes it didn't cleave even when they were on top of each other.

There's a whole lot of movement involved in this encounter, so i thought maybe Ice Nova would be best due to the instant cast, but I'm not sure.

Any tips would be appreciated here :D
Wilderness

Re: Talents for Mythic Twin Ogron

Unread postby Wilderness Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:45 pm

I am progressing on this fight as well, so I my comments should be taken with a grain of salt as I don't have a kill. Our first night we only had a handful of pulls, 5 or 6, and none lasted more than about 3 minutes. I was using IN for all of those and it was alright. Our 2nd night we had a lot more pulls, and several them went 6+ minutes. I used FB for all of those, and it felt a little better, but its hard to compare somewhat different situations between each time I used those talents.

Technically FB should probably be better, but there is a lot to be said for ease of use of IN - its instant cast, and you don't have to be facing the boss to use it.

All that said though, I'm going to be Fire for our attempts this week. I don't know if that will be better than Frost, but I think it should be at least the same, and after we kill it we'll be working on Tectus next so having a Fire spec just makes sense to me.
Ashamanxx || <Good Talk> || 13/13M
Knupzz

Unread postby Knupzz Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:29 pm

IN+MI+TV will give you the toolset for maximum dps on Twins Mythic. Ranked top20 with that setup, probably down to 35 now orso and I'm pretty sure you will find everyone above me to be using the same setup. MI was about 14% of my damage, so that's an easy choice over the others. PC is not nearly as effective on 2+ targets as it is on single target, so on any extended cleave fights TV should be your default choice. IN and FB are rougly on par with eachother, but IN is simply a lot easier to use effectively on Twins.

My tips:
- !! IMPORTANT !! Tell your tanks how your class works, and why the bosses would need to be stacked inside eachother for you to be able to cleave. It's simply unfortunate and quite annoying that with uninformed (or bad) tanks, you will not be able to cleave on this fight.
- Save IN / 1 stack of FoF for when you can hit both bosses AND preferably to use during movement, like shield charge or quake fires.
- Don't be afraid to use Ice Floes, but be mindful to use your stacks at the correct times! Good mages will have anywhere between 18-22ish uses on this fight.
- Be mindful of when you chuck out your Frozen Orb. Never cast it when Pol is returning from a charge or when bosses are being repositioned, or it will get stuck in a spot without anything to hit. I didn't see the point in delaying FO until Phemos returned from Whirlwind somewhere in the middle of the fight, as it would push your second IV to come off cooldown during a Whirlwind. This would potentially cost you your third IV of the fight @ ~6mins 15sec into the fight.
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:53 am

IN+MI+TV gave me like 2k above rank 1 DPS. (Private logs though) It's nice and easy to use, and very efficient. Just make sure your tanks keep the bosses together as much as possible for frozen orb usage.

Ice floes + fox should be enough for almost all movement, only blink if really neccesary to dodge fire. Save frozen orb for when the bosses are together, never use it on only 1 target. Same for ice nova. Try to also get the most about icicle/ice lance cleave.
Owner of Altered Time.

Twitch - Twitter - Arcane Guide (AT) - Arcane Guide (IV) - Fire Guide

For any issues with a moderator or the website, send me a PM!
Songette

Unread postby Songette Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:20 pm

Sorry for resurrecting this thread. Yesterday we recorded the log from our kill, and I'm not satisfied with my DPS at all. Going IN/MI/TV.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/FW ... amage-done" target="_blank

Any help or tips are appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”