Arcane questions

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Quetzatlus

Arcane questions

Unread postby Quetzatlus Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:24 am

Hi guys,

I was planning to try out Arcane this week, had a few questions not exactly covered in the arcane guides:

1. During the burn phase, should I be burning down to 50% irrespective of Arcane power, or should I be stopping my burn when Arcane Power drops off (whatever mana % that is at, depending on AM procs).

2. After the burn phase is done, should I be barraging before evocating (evocing? evoking? :D ) , or should I evocate with the 4 charges intact? I know they get consumed after evo, but I dont know if barraging at 50% mana is worth it.

3. How best should Copeland's be used with arcane? Should it be used on cd or should it be held to line it up with other cds?

4. I remember a [nochanneling] macro for arcane missiles and arcane blast, which would prevent you from clipping the last wave of missiles before casting another one. I dont remember where I saw it though, can anyone help out with that?

5. Would a macro such as the one below work for barrage?

/cast [nochanneling] Arcane Missiles
/cast Arcane Barrage

The intent being to spam this when your current arcane blast would put you below 93% mana. I suppose it would cast missiles if one procced off your last blast.
Mage - Quetzatlus - 5/7M 4/10M - <Sadly guildless atm>
Doji

Re: Arcane questions

Unread postby Doji Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:28 am

1. not sure either, but i dont believe i was in that situation o:
2. evocate with 4charges
3. dont have a copelands, but is say on cd
4. if i remember correctly the [nochanneling] part doesnt require a specific spell (missiles in your case)
so...
/cast [nochanneling] <Any Spell here> should not cast that spell if you are channeling anything.
but im not sure, dont nail me down on that one :/
5. if the [nochanneling] part works like i described above, that macro wouldnt work.
Quetzatlus

Unread postby Quetzatlus Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:53 am

Thanks Doji,

Anyone have an answer to the first question :

1. During the burn phase, should I be burning down to 50% irrespective of Arcane power, or should I be stopping my burn when Arcane Power drops off (whatever mana % that is at, depending on AM procs).

Thanks!
Mage - Quetzatlus - 5/7M 4/10M - <Sadly guildless atm>
Wilderness

Unread postby Wilderness Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:23 pm

Thanks Doji,

Anyone have an answer to the first question :

Thanks!
Burn down to 50%. I can't think of a time when I've dropped that low while AP was still active, although I suppose with horrible AM RNG it could happen. But generally you just use up your AM procs while spamming AB and by the time you get down to 50% with no procs up AP should be over.
Ashamanxx || <Good Talk> || 13/13M

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”