Frost to Fire

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
diab802

Frost to Fire

Unread postby diab802 Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:19 pm

At what point is it a good idea to go Fire instead of Frost as your main spec throughout HM/BRF? I really would like to go Fire and gear and enchant for it but I know it doesn't really catch up until higher ilvls because of scaling. Do we have any rough numbers for amount of crit or anything like that? We just got Mythic Kargath down last night, so I'm wondering if it's better to start collecting more Crit over Multi.
lawlohp

Re: Frost to Fire

Unread postby lawlohp Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:27 pm

I am also curious about this. I have some people telling me the 3/3 Sandman's Pouch will be BIS throughout the teir, but as it sits now, haste trinkets are proving to be of higher value. Just wondering if I should go ahead with the upgrade to sandman for fire.
Rinoa
Administrator

Unread postby Rinoa Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:36 am

Frost remains superior to Fire in most cases throughout all of Highmaul. It's not like we have a lot of gear choice anyway, so just take what you can get. Though, if you want to gear for one spec in specific to keep as your main progress spec, the best is Frost. Arcane is generally better on Kargath and Butcher, Fire is a monster on Tectus, and Frost takes the rest. There are exceptions to this, but as a general guideline it holds true.
Twitter
Armory

Issues with a moderator or moderating action? Send me a PM.
Wilderness

Unread postby Wilderness Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:24 pm

Fire isn't going to pass Frost until some point in BRF gear, you'll probably need at least 4-set bonus, and possibly heroic/mythic gear. And as Rinoa said, its not like we have many gearing options right now in HM, so you can't really collect much of an "alternate" set.
Ashamanxx || <Good Talk> || 13/13M

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”