Your Item Priority

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
Dazz

Your Item Priority

Unread postby Dazz Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:17 pm

Hello guys,

I'm new to AT but so far I really like it, mages really rock.
I play WoW since Classic and have a lot of "game-sense", but when it comes to that topic I'm kinda confused, even after years. I'm currently at ilvl 943, which makes me grinding for higher ilvl-items every day and night. My question is very general, to clarify on which kind of priority you guys go.

Do you prefer taking a higher ilvl-item, even if it has a little bit worse stats? :?

Because I currently am prefering them, which destroys my dps to a point where it isn't even funny anymore. The problem is, if I "sacrifice" 10-15 ilvls just for better stats, people won't give me a chance to raid normal/heroic anyways...

Regards,

Dazz
ejima

Re: Your Item Priority

Unread postby ejima Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:39 am

I can only speak for Arcane as its the only spec I play atm. And for arcane, I believe all stats are pretty close in value, so I usually chose the higher iLvL piece of gear no matter what.
Exceptions are tier bonus set pieces and trinkets of course.
As for getting into raids, I mostly run Antorus with PUGs due to my RL time schedule. And for this, I usually equip the stuff that gives me the highest iLvL so that it shows up in the search tool of the raid leader to get me into groups easier (because that seems to be the measure of choice besides whispering raid achivements). And then after having been invited, I change to the gear set which will give me most damage output.

Return to “General Discussion”