4 Mages & Finally 12/14H

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
Akraen
Staff emeritus

4 Mages & Finally 12/14H

Unread postby Akraen Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:04 pm

So as some of you know from IRC, my guild has had some very rough times. We killed Heroic Thok in October of last year, and began Siegecrafter practice (25H) then. Kinda off-topic but very mage related given our comp.

We had lots of dramas and a power struggle within the officer core. I had to put on my GM pants and sort it all out, but that resulted in a long recovery period of recruitment and a realm transfer. At one point we were down to 5 raiders, but I gradually reassembled a good core. We didn't raid for some weeks, or we just cleared the first 8 other weeks. Finally our momentum came back.

With a team of 4 (sometimes 5) mages, we finally got Blackfuse last night. Since October, guys... so our guild artist, Jynxie (who also did the logo at the top of this page) paid homage to Hanodar, who played arcane for the fight and completely decimated crawler mines!

http://naturalorderguild.com/home/m/533 ... le/2350046" target="_blank

Arcane-Hanodar's insane mine damage: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2yf ... &target=76" target="_blank

Frost rocks on missiles because of proc burst and short-window burst: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2yf ... target=146" target="_blank

Fire & Frost were the best single target: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2yf ... &target=35" target="_blank

I had very well-rounded damage, though lower than fire, however my WE alone did this much CC on mines:
http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2yf ... lity=33395" target="_blank

I definitely think each spec has its role here. It's nice seeing how well all 4 of us really pushed it to the limit though. Good work MAGE UNION.
Lissanna

Re: 4 Mages & Finally 12/14H

Unread postby Lissanna Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:39 pm

congrats!
Shangalar

Unread postby Shangalar Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:43 pm

Congratulations for the kill!

And now... hurr... we completed our 160th wipe or so last night. I'm leading the ranged group as of last night and it's going quite well, had a nice 8% attempt and we figured out most of it.

However, I have a feeling that we can modify the belt kill order to make it easier for us. Can you share in which order you kill the weapons on the belt please?
Kver
Administrator

Unread postby Kver Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:45 pm

That is some interesting mine damage.
Twitter!

It were as it be it were

I solve problems. Have a problem? Send me a PM!
Shangalar

Unread postby Shangalar Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:53 pm

Wouldn't he be doing even more damage if he used glyphed Cone of Cold since he's already standing close to melee range for Explosion?

Unless you guys are using the two belt groups + boss at the conveyor belt tactic. In that case all the mines would be grouped behind you using CC spells. We use 1 belt group that cheeses their spells to go back up to the belt + boss at the opposite side at the weapon discharge belt.
Akraen
Staff emeritus

Unread postby Akraen Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:28 pm

Wouldn't he be doing even more damage if he used glyphed Cone of Cold since he's already standing close to melee range for Explosion?

Unless you guys are using the two belt groups + boss at the conveyor belt tactic. In that case all the mines would be grouped behind you using CC spells. We use 1 belt group that cheeses their spells to go back up to the belt + boss at the opposite side at the weapon discharge belt.
We do 2 belt groups, even/odd. One of our hunters does each of them though.

We leave mines up on everything except the final wave, which is missiles. We had a bunch of low% wipes so some people decided to nuke boss while some of us were worried and went for missiles. Glad we did missiles because the last 3% hp seemed to take forever.
Kver
Administrator

Unread postby Kver Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:47 pm

Yeah, glyphed cone of cold rocks of you're in melee: it deals massive damage and the slow effect is very potent there. You guys do seem to have a survival strategy though.
Twitter!

It were as it be it were

Lissanna

Unread postby Lissanna Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:23 pm

congrats!
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:54 pm

Congratz Akraen (and company)! Nice picture :D
Mumrit

Unread postby Mumrit Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:17 pm

Good work to all involved! :)
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:22 pm

Grats on the kill. Any first kill on the last 3 is a milestone, I think.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Methusula

Unread postby Methusula Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:17 pm

Yeah, glyphed cone of cold rocks of you're in melee: it deals massive damage and the slow effect is very potent there. You guys do seem to have a survival strategy though.
I run glyphed CoC for Arcane on that fight. I just found more consistent damage and survival with fire. As such I mostly focused on nuking SC while cleaving bombs until the end, where I swapped to RoF and FS/Blizzard spam to keep adds under control. Ofc, our kill was my worst attempt of the night.
Kver
Administrator

Unread postby Kver Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:18 pm

I was on 600k dps after 100 seconds, then laser :(
Twitter!

It were as it be it were

Shangalar

Unread postby Shangalar Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:41 pm

I have to admit that I went Incanter's Ward passive on this fight. (never touching the active because of mana regen, don't even have it on my bar, though I might start using it in some specific conditions during the fight)

It's fascinating, but with the tactic we're doing, I sacrificed some damage for some mobility, but on this particular boss the increased mobility increased my damage beyond what I can do with Rune of Power.
Mageski

Unread postby Mageski Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:23 pm

Congrats man. We're working on it now ourselves, about 100 wipes on it with several mid 30% attempts. We had one of our main tanks and one of our main healers decide to unsub on zero notice (well, the healer gave us one day) so we're probably still going to be here for a bit. Our GM/RL wasn't able to raid last week due to work so we were both without my DPS as well as dealing with the fact that a 564 bear was running around screaming "oh my god the fire hurts the face!"... that may have been me.

On the plus side, that meant I was able to bring my druid in for tank gear on our farm clear last night (since I'm now our backup/dark shaman tank) and landed a weapon and a 5 ilvl boost overall. :D
Akraen
Staff emeritus

Unread postby Akraen Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:30 pm

Congrats man. We're working on it now ourselves, about 100 wipes on it with several mid 30% attempts. We had one of our main tanks and one of our main healers decide to unsub on zero notice (well, the healer gave us one day) so we're probably still going to be here for a bit. Our GM/RL wasn't able to raid last week due to work so we were both without my DPS as well as dealing with the fact that a 564 bear was running around screaming "oh my god the fire hurts the face!"... that may have been me.

On the plus side, that meant I was able to bring my druid in for tank gear on our farm clear last night (since I'm now our backup/dark shaman tank) and landed a weapon and a 5 ilvl boost overall. :D
Yeah we just lost 4 raiders as we were halfway through Paragons. It's reaaaaally annoying.
Mageski

Unread postby Mageski Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:52 pm

Especially in a 10 man. We now have exactly 2 tanks, 3 healers (our strongest is unfortunately the only one with a worthwhile dps set) and 5 dps. No bench, no fillers. The only lucky thing is that the two we lost are the only two classes we had two of, so buffs are still fine.

Return to “General Discussion”