Being Ignored in your Raid

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
Wildfire

Being Ignored in your Raid

Unread postby Wildfire Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:44 pm

Hi, not complaining or anything, I already had my melt-down episode about this with my guild, not even sure about if I still have a raid spot tbh. Anyway on to the actual topic.

Is anyone else being put on the back burner for loot when it drops because, "Your DPS is fine." I am just wondering if this is a rampant problem with the mage class as we scale ridiculously well with gear. I was consistently topping the charts every single pull until last week, when all three of our hunters now out DPS me at every turn except glorious cleave fights, like maidens. It's now going on week 4 with no loot distributed my way, besides what I occasionally reroll every 5th boss kill, and I have slid down to maybe 6-7th on the charts every fight except fire-cleave fights. I'm just so frustrated that I'm being bogarted by my raid leader and loot council and was wondering if anyone else is facing the same "your dps is fine." bullshit.

/endrant sorry if this was annoying just needed to vent a bit.
TLTeo

Re: Being Ignored in your Raid

Unread postby TLTeo Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:07 pm

Sounds like your "loot council" system is simply not doing its job. I've never really had that happen personally but i can see why it would be frustrating, if i were you'd talk to the officers about it at least.

Honestly if i were you, and things kept going even after discussing with the officers, i'd simply leave that guild. Loot cuncil works well only as long as people do not get screwed over by it.
Rabona

Unread postby Rabona Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:15 pm

That doesn't make sense on any level to me. I'd talk to the officers one last time and then I'd leave. The longer you stay the more you get left behind gear wise and the harder it'll become to find a decent guild.
swoon

Unread postby swoon Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:28 pm

Well, after looking at your guild..

You only have 3 cloth casters and you're higher ilvl than all of them, you're 4th in ilvl for your raid and everyone at the top is within 1 item level, you're honestly lucky that you don't have more locks/mages.

Your second mage is 7 ilvls below you and your leather dps has zero gear.

And after looking at logs you generally are near the top and considering how strong mage is right now you should be and are at the top for most fights regardless, and given you are almost the highest item level in the raid it probably would make more sense to gear up your 2nd mage and share a bit with other casters trinket/weapon wise and so on.
Wildfire

Unread postby Wildfire Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:42 pm

@swoon I do admit I'm pretty geared already, but in order to properly perform as I need to in mythic, I need arcane gear, and to watch 3 gruul's lip rings, 2 runefrenzy cloaks, 4 darmac trinkets (including 1 which was warforged / socketed / speed), and 3 pairs of the maiden's pants go to people whom, half the time, it wasn't BiS or they were a fucking alt the person was gonna switch to, then decided to not, and now has perfectly great gear sitting on them doing fuck all for the raid team when it could of reliably boosted my arcane DPS to well over 40k instead of the piss poor 36ish i manage to eek out of my fire gear. It's driving me insane, if the gear went to someone on whom it could help benefit our mythic progression I wouldn't care, but using "your DPS is fine." as an excuse to gear alts is just poor management.
swoon

Unread postby swoon Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:11 pm

But did the items go to people with far worse trinkets/neck/cloak? I somewhat doubt they're giving gears to alts that wont be in your progression team. (maybe they are, if that actually is the case then you can complain I suppose)

Your trinkets are fine for fire/arcane, the neck and cloak would have been a pretty nice upgrade but they aren't going to give you 4-5k dps, the maidens pants thing I suppose is a bit questionable as you don't have an offset item.

But I think you can be pushing higher damage for arcane with the gear you have and you can improve a fair bit, you sim over 40k patchwork so fights like gruul you should be able to get a lot closer to 40k.
Wildfire

Unread postby Wildfire Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:25 pm

The only time I've managed to break 40 was my 42k showing on mythic butcher, maybe I just suck on top of the lack of optimization and it's compounding the problem. Who knows, at least I know i'm not the only person who thinks giving gear to alts when it could be used on progression raiders (yes, that really happened...more than once.) is ludicrous. Suppose all I can do is try to find a better guild (outside of server hopping not likely) or keep my mouth shut.
Rabona

Unread postby Rabona Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:58 pm

Tbh your gear isn't bad at all and if you have such trouble pulling off decent numbers as Arcane then it's most likely at least partly because you're making too many mistakes.
Azo

Unread postby Azo Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:17 am

I'm in the loot council in my current guild, but only last month. Basic rule is to distribute loot in a way that benefit the guilds progress most but trials on low priority. Different classes are suited idfferent for this tier. Boomkin is very strong (well in the start) so boomkin get prio on loot. We've several hunters, there loot goes to the hunter for which it is the biggest uppgrade. Meter-whores or players who generally care more about themselves then the guild get lower prio. Then there's players who just is really good at the game. We got 1 player who just is very good and get whatever loot he want, but he can also say things like "give it to him/her instead not that big uppgrade for me.".

Healers ofcourse always have lowest priority on all loot. Has happened that lootcouncil been unhappy with a players performance and not given loot. Loot should be distributed for the guilds best. Gear is just a means to an end and that end is for the guild to kill bosses.

If you've higher itemlvl then the other mage it might be more beneficial for progress to give that mage more gear. Might be mroe beneficial to give other classes more gear cause they're better on certain encounters
Wilderness

Unread postby Wilderness Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:11 pm

To be honest, it sounds like you're a little too focused on gear. If you are one of the highest ilvl casters, then it makes sense that gear would be going to those who aren't. That is not something to be upset over. You brought up the meters, but the important thing is that bosses are dying, and that you are playing well. Gear is great, and its needed to keep progressing, but by the end of a tier you'll have all the gear you'll need anyway. It shouldn't be the main reason for raiding though, and that's the impression I've gotten here. I know you're just venting, so maybe that's why its coming off that way, but that's how it seems.

The gear going to alts thing though is pretty bad. People switching their main character should not be a decision that they can change after the guild has agreed to it and started giving that new character gear. Going back and forth between characters and having gear wasted like that is bad for the guild overall, and I can see how that would be very frustrating to see. I'd be concerned about that, and if it was more than a one-time thing I'd probably strongly consider looking for another guild because it shows bad overall management from your leadership.
Ashamanxx || <Good Talk> || 13/13M
Solace

Unread postby Solace Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:55 am

I agree with wilderness as it does sound like a loot whore rant, but coming from a similar situation, seeing every caster but myself and our 2nd mage have the trinket off of Oregorger is very annoying, so venting is fine, but at the end of the day the whole gearing alts is enough for you to look for a new guild. Allowing people to gear alts/swap mains mid tier is the beginning of the end for a guild. If I were you I'd start looking for a new raid team.
durrtygoodz

Unread postby durrtygoodz Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:15 pm

If you completely ignore loot as being a thing and just enjoy the raiding you'll be a lot happier. Pretty much any loot system will annoy someone that really cares about loot as their main priority. You could leave the guild and go somewhere else but if you leave based purely on lack of loot chances are you won't ever be happy. Especially since pretty much all mythic guilds will have trials as lowest prio for gear.

That said, the fact the officers give mythic gear to alts or rerolls that never happen is a huge red flag. I know i wouldn't stay in a guild that had no idea on how to gear for progression. The way they handle things is only going to hold back the guild progress. So if I were you I'd probably look elsewhere or just be happy that you have a 100% raid spot in your current guild.
Zedonius666

Unread postby Zedonius666 Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:57 pm

Sounds to me like "you" are there for the loot, and not for the raid. All I see is "you" complaining about how "you" don't get loot every time "you" think "you" should get it. Then "you" proceed to say that "you" need Arcane gear so that "you" can perform better.

Now if your guild is actually doing what you claim they are, by gearing out alts etc, then that is an issue they will need to fix so they can actually progress. If the intention was to gear out that alt to better the raid, then that happens. People also can change their minds, which sucks, but it can go either way.

The bottom line is if you are just raiding for self improvement via gear, then it is quite possible that your loot council sees this and is seeing it as a waste too give loot to someone who may quit at anytime because they are not getting what they want. If you are geared already, then simply stop being paranoid and go to raid to enjoy RAIDING with your guild. If you are raiding simply to get gear and improve your own performance without regards to the other 19 people, then i'd replace you asap and get a raider who appreciates the fact they are accepted into the raid in the first place.
Akraen
Staff emeritus

Unread postby Akraen Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:18 pm

If you're unsatisfied, it's best to look for a guild that fits what you want for your time spent. If you cannot find a guild with a loot system that works for you then a compromise is in order and you might have to deal with something less than ideal or consider how much you wish to push in a tier.

Either way, it's less stress and anxiety on you and the guild you're in to step back and view it objectively-- "is this worth my time?" -- then make a decision, drama-free, and communicate it before executing your decision.
DocileCraig

Unread postby DocileCraig Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:13 am

sounds like it's a guild not appreciating a good thing when they have it, I wouldn't stick around if I was being denied loot for knowing how to play my class.
Malthieth

Unread postby Malthieth Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:11 am

Vast difference between knowing how to play your class and outgearing the rest of the raid while playing the currently best dps class in game. Though the thread is more than a month old so I'm gonna guess he managed to work it out.

Return to “General Discussion”