[Discussion] Patch 6.2 PTR

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
Frosted

Re: [Discussion] Patch 6.2 PTR

Unread postby Frosted Sat May 23, 2015 2:53 am

I'll look into it here in a few.
yungg

Unread postby yungg Sat May 23, 2015 3:41 am

even with spirit instead of mastery, i'm like 99.9% sure http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=124232/intu ... &bonus=567" target="_blank is going to be bis for fire by a large margin, if goren soul and 715 sandman's pouch sim that highly. That is going to put us in a very awkward spot when vying for trinkets :/

edit: never mind, apparently it's getting nerfed.
Last edited by yungg on Sat May 23, 2015 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Sat May 23, 2015 3:46 am

"healer trinket"
Alzer

Unread postby Alzer Sat May 23, 2015 3:49 am

I don't know much about healing trinkets but that trinkets looks way too strong, I expect it to be changed in a future build.

Compare the stats to http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=124227/iron ... &bonus=567" target="_blank.
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Sat May 23, 2015 3:54 am

It'll need a gigantic nerf to put it in line.

Assuming Intuitions gift is your other trinket.
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Sat May 23, 2015 6:07 am

So, some food for thought.

I ran the sims, and the NORMAL mode intuitions gift is BiS for Fire. Ahead of everything but the higher ilvl versions of itself.

They will need very significant nerfs to this thing. I have a feeling they'll need to desync it's CD from combustion too, moving it to maybe 2minutes? to bring it back in line.
yungg

Unread postby yungg Sat May 23, 2015 8:07 am

not sure how much a 2 min cd would matter, since I'd imagine with the legendary ring, you'd end up syncing ring + trinket and combustion anyhow.
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Sat May 23, 2015 8:46 am

That's true. I've done some stuff with syncing the ring+trinket+combustion and it was a DPS gain over just using it on CD (keep in mind we're making assumptions on how the ring works, and this could be wrong!)
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Mon May 25, 2015 6:09 am

A reminder to everyone playing with PTR SimC: While the Frost set bonuses are implemented, Robomage does not play nicely with 4T18. Right now, even if the APL were updated, 4T18 is a puzzling bonus that doesn't offer a reasonable (ie. 3-6%) damage gain. I haven't bothered doing that yet, partly because I've heard rumors of set bonus and trinket changes.

That said, Frost is looking pretty strong on PTR due to 2T18 + Mastery buff + 20% buff to all core spells. For Shattrath dummy testing, I've seen >60K sustained DPS over 5.5 minutes against the Killable Damage Dummies. It might be the strongest single target Mage spec right now, especially if Intuition's Gift goes back to being a healer trinket. I guess we'll have to sit tight to see what happens in the next few weeks.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Caimion

Unread postby Caimion Mon May 25, 2015 5:52 pm

WIll Frost still be the strongest single target spec even with the legendary? I'm guessing that legendary behaviour hasn't been implemented in SimC, which means that so far the only thoughts I've seen on it was Frosted's model. Furthermore, even if the legendary is in SimC rotationally, I feel like it will be pretty difficult to model a SimC encounter to properly reflect how the legendary ends up getting used - maybe the hectic add cleave model? That said, as always, I'm interested in the SimC results!

Also a quick question regarding the legendary - is the AoE damage burst at the end capped or uncapped? It could be a boon for Arcane if the legendary is used prior to adds spawning and the AoE is uncapped - you burst the boss and it converts it to AoE, so we can pretend Arcane has a viable AoE. Although, on second thought, it may make more sense to use it while everyone can AoE and then use that damage burst back on the boss. D'oh. Still a question worth asking, but the latter sounds like much more raid DPS.

I suppose it's obvious that I'm desperately looking for a reason not to have to learn and master a third mage spec in two tiers. Sigh.
Jebbage

Unread postby Jebbage Mon May 25, 2015 9:11 pm

WIll Frost still be the strongest single target spec even with the legendary? I'm guessing that legendary behaviour hasn't been implemented in SimC, which means that so far the only thoughts I've seen on it was Frosted's model. Furthermore, even if the legendary is in SimC rotationally, I feel like it will be pretty difficult to model a SimC encounter to properly reflect how the legendary ends up getting used - maybe the hectic add cleave model? That said, as always, I'm interested in the SimC results!

Also a quick question regarding the legendary - is the AoE damage burst at the end capped or uncapped? It could be a boon for Arcane if the legendary is used prior to adds spawning and the AoE is uncapped - you burst the boss and it converts it to AoE, so we can pretend Arcane has a viable AoE. Although, on second thought, it may make more sense to use it while everyone can AoE and then use that damage burst back on the boss. D'oh. Still a question worth asking, but the latter sounds like much more raid DPS.

I suppose it's obvious that I'm desperately looking for a reason not to have to learn and master a third mage spec in two tiers. Sigh.
As far as I know, the legendary ring is supposed to meteor its damage, so it's not going to give a free doubling of damage on two targets or more. Because of that, I imagine we'll be popping it with a wave of adds so it expires when it's just the boss up. If adds are very short lived, arcane with Supernova will be quite strong with it, but I don't think they're doing another beastlord type add fight.

That said, the ring will take a few weeks to get, so we'll be playing with the current ring for initial progress. If we play frost, it'll depend on how much it wins out if it does for single target, and how important burning specific targets is.
Caimion

Unread postby Caimion Mon May 25, 2015 9:51 pm

Well, for initial progress we may not have an Archimonde trinket as well - and for Arcane, as far as I can tell, the mage trinket is extremely important. So I already expect Frost to win any pre-tier, pre-trinket, pre-legendary situations; I'm mostly just wondering for later progression once we do acquire those things.

Thanks for the response regarding the ring damage - I hoped for uncapped AoE, but expected 'meteor' (e.g., capped at one).
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Tue May 26, 2015 12:11 am

Current results I have:

These are what I would call midway complete. Still not done, but it's farther along then my other posts.

Some notes:

1) All profiles are using the legendary ring.
2) Arcane and Fire are syncing their major CDs to the ring (it's a DPS gain vs. on cooldown for both)
3) Arcane seems to want to IMMEDIETLY drop PC after ring use. Delaying PC to get impacted by the ring is not worth the DPS loss from weaker spells inside the ring duration + PC duration. Later PC = less mastery empowered spells on it. It's basically a loss of AB damage onto PC vs. the gain of Nithramus explosion damage. it's a very small DPS loss (couple hundred) but it is a DPS loss right now.
4) I haven't done anything with CD/ring syncing for Frost. Not because it's particularly difficult, but just because I haven't gotten around to it yet.
5) PC is currently double dipping into Ring explosion (damage done to PC and from PC are both being counted - this probably is wrong, but we're keeping it this way for now)
6) Pets are included in the ring. We don't know if this is right, but we're keeping it like this for now.
7) Arcane still doesn't have its 4pc modeled; so the DPS there is a few % low. I'm kind of hoping the bonuses get changed all together (blizzplz) which is mainly why this isn't done.
8) Frost 4pc is underutilized. See Kommas post above.
9) Fire is using Intuitions Gift and syncing it to every PC/Combustion/Ring use. This is OP, and we already know it's being changed. If it's actually changed in a meaningful way(i.e. no longer massive crit on use), I'll remove the item.

Here are the profiles as I have them currently:

Code: Select all

mage="T18M_Arcane_UM_ROP_PC_ring_sync" level=100 race=gnome role=spell position=back talents=3003222 glyphs=cone_of_cold spec=arcane # This default action priority list is automatically created based on your character. # It is a attempt to provide you with a action list that is both simple and practicable, # while resulting in a meaningful and good simulation. It may not result in the absolutely highest possible dps. # Feel free to edit, adapt and improve it to your own needs. # SimulationCraft is always looking for updates and improvements to the default action lists. # Executed before combat begins. Accepts non-harmful actions only. actions.precombat=flask,type=greater_draenic_intellect_flask actions.precombat+=/food,type=sleeper_sushi actions.precombat+=/arcane_brilliance actions.precombat+=/snapshot_stats actions.precombat+=/rune_of_power actions.precombat+=/mirror_image actions.precombat+=/potion,name=draenic_intellect actions.precombat+=/arcane_blast # Executed every time the actor is available. actions=counterspell,if=target.debuff.casting.react actions+=/stop_burn_phase,if=prev_gcd.evocation&burn_phase_duration>gcd.max actions+=/cold_snap,if=health.pct<30 actions+=/time_warp,if=target.health.pct<25|time>5 actions+=/call_action_list,name=movement,if=raid_event.movement.exists actions+=/rune_of_power,if=buff.rune_of_power.remains<2*spell_haste actions+=/mirror_image actions+=/cold_snap,if=buff.presence_of_mind.down&cooldown.presence_of_mind.remains>75 actions+=/call_action_list,name=aoe,if=active_enemies>=5 actions+=/call_action_list,name=init_burn,if=!burn_phase actions+=/call_action_list,name=burn,if=burn_phase actions+=/call_action_list,name=conserve actions.movement=blink,if=movement.distance>10 actions.movement+=/blazing_speed,if=movement.remains>0 actions.movement+=/ice_floes,if=buff.ice_floes.down&(raid_event.movement.distance>0|raid_event.movement.in<2*spell_haste) # Regular burn with evocation actions.init_burn=start_burn_phase,if=legendary_ring.cooldown.remains=0&buff.arcane_charge.stack>=4&(cooldown.prismatic_crystal.up|!talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled)&(cooldown.arcane_power.up|(glyph.arcane_power.enabled&cooldown.arcane_power.remains>60))&(cooldown.evocation.remains-2*buff.arcane_missiles.stack*spell_haste-gcd.max*talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled)*0.75*(1-0.1*(cooldown.arcane_power.remains<5))*(1-0.1*(talent.nether_tempest.enabled|talent.supernova.enabled))*(10%action.arcane_blast.execute_time)<mana.pct-20-2.5*active_enemies*(9-active_enemies)+(cooldown.evocation.remains*1.8%spell_haste) # End of fight burn actions.init_burn+=/start_burn_phase,if=target.time_to_die*0.75*(1-0.1*(talent.nether_tempest.enabled|talent.supernova.enabled))*(10%action.arcane_blast.execute_time)*1.1<mana.pct-10+(target.time_to_die*1.8%spell_haste) # Conditions for initiating Prismatic Crystal actions.init_crystal=call_action_list,name=conserve,if=buff.arcane_charge.stack<4 actions.init_crystal+=/prismatic_crystal # Actions while Prismatic Crystal is active actions.crystal_sequence=call_action_list,name=cooldowns actions.crystal_sequence+=/nether_tempest,if=buff.arcane_charge.stack=4&!ticking&pet.prismatic_crystal.remains>8 actions.crystal_sequence+=/supernova,if=mana.pct<96 actions.crystal_sequence+=/presence_of_mind,if=cooldown.cold_snap.up|pet.prismatic_crystal.remains<2*spell_haste actions.crystal_sequence+=/arcane_blast,if=buff.arcane_charge.stack=4&mana.pct>93&pet.prismatic_crystal.remains>cast_time actions.crystal_sequence+=/arcane_missiles,if=pet.prismatic_crystal.remains>2*spell_haste+travel_time actions.crystal_sequence+=/supernova,if=pet.prismatic_crystal.remains<2*spell_haste actions.crystal_sequence+=/choose_target,if=pet.prismatic_crystal.remains<action.arcane_blast.cast_time&buff.presence_of_mind.down actions.crystal_sequence+=/arcane_blast # Consolidated damage cooldown abilities actions.cooldowns=arcane_power actions.cooldowns+=/blood_fury actions.cooldowns+=/berserking actions.cooldowns+=/arcane_torrent actions.cooldowns+=/potion,name=draenic_intellect,if=buff.arcane_power.up&(!talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled|pet.prismatic_crystal.active) actions.cooldowns+=/use_item,slot=finger2 # AoE sequence actions.aoe=call_action_list,name=cooldowns actions.aoe+=/nether_tempest,cycle_targets=1,if=buff.arcane_charge.stack=4&(active_dot.nether_tempest=0|(ticking&remains<3.6)) actions.aoe+=/supernova actions.aoe+=/arcane_orb,if=buff.arcane_charge.stack<4 # APL hack for evocation interrupt actions.aoe+=/arcane_explosion,if=prev_gcd.evocation actions.aoe+=/evocation,interrupt_if=mana.pct>96,if=mana.pct<85-2.5*buff.arcane_charge.stack actions.aoe+=/arcane_missiles,if=set_bonus.tier17_4pc&active_enemies<10&buff.arcane_charge.stack=4&buff.arcane_instability.react actions.aoe+=/nether_tempest,cycle_targets=1,if=talent.arcane_orb.enabled&buff.arcane_charge.stack=4&ticking&remains<cooldown.arcane_orb.remains actions.aoe+=/arcane_barrage,if=buff.arcane_charge.stack=4 actions.aoe+=/cone_of_cold,if=glyph.cone_of_cold.enabled actions.aoe+=/arcane_explosion # High mana usage, "Burn" sequence actions.burn=call_action_list,name=init_crystal,if=talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled&cooldown.prismatic_crystal.up actions.burn+=/call_action_list,name=crystal_sequence,if=talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled&pet.prismatic_crystal.active actions.burn+=/call_action_list,name=cooldowns actions.burn+=/arcane_missiles,if=buff.arcane_missiles.react=3 actions.burn+=/arcane_missiles,if=set_bonus.tier17_4pc&buff.arcane_instability.react&buff.arcane_instability.remains<action.arcane_blast.execute_time actions.burn+=/supernova,if=target.time_to_die<8|charges=2 actions.burn+=/nether_tempest,cycle_targets=1,if=target!=pet.prismatic_crystal&buff.arcane_charge.stack=4&(active_dot.nether_tempest=0|(ticking&remains<3.6)) actions.burn+=/arcane_orb,if=buff.arcane_charge.stack<4 actions.burn+=/arcane_barrage,if=talent.arcane_orb.enabled&active_enemies>=3&buff.arcane_charge.stack=4&(cooldown.arcane_orb.remains<gcd.max|prev_gcd.arcane_orb) actions.burn+=/presence_of_mind,if=(mana.pct>96&(!talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled|!cooldown.prismatic_crystal.up))|set_bonus.tier18_2pc actions.burn+=/arcane_blast,if=buff.arcane_charge.stack=4&mana.pct>93 actions.burn+=/arcane_missiles,if=buff.arcane_charge.stack=4&(mana.pct>70|!cooldown.evocation.up|target.time_to_die<15) actions.burn+=/supernova,if=mana.pct>70&mana.pct<96 actions.burn+=/evocation,interrupt_if=mana.pct>100-10%spell_haste,if=target.time_to_die>10&mana.pct<30+2.5*active_enemies*(9-active_enemies)-(40*(t18_class_trinket&buff.arcane_power.up)) actions.burn+=/presence_of_mind,if=!talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled|!cooldown.prismatic_crystal.up actions.burn+=/arcane_blast actions.burn+=/evocation # Low mana usage, "Conserve" sequence actions.conserve=call_action_list,name=cooldowns,if=target.time_to_die<15 actions.conserve+=/arcane_missiles,if=buff.arcane_missiles.react=3|(talent.overpowered.enabled&buff.arcane_power.up&buff.arcane_power.remains<action.arcane_blast.execute_time) actions.conserve+=/arcane_missiles,if=set_bonus.tier17_4pc&buff.arcane_instability.react&buff.arcane_instability.remains<action.arcane_blast.execute_time actions.conserve+=/nether_tempest,cycle_targets=1,if=target!=pet.prismatic_crystal&buff.arcane_charge.stack=4&(active_dot.nether_tempest=0|(ticking&remains<3.6)) actions.conserve+=/supernova,if=target.time_to_die<8|(charges=2&(buff.arcane_power.up|!cooldown.arcane_power.up)&(!talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled|cooldown.prismatic_crystal.remains>8)) actions.conserve+=/arcane_orb,if=buff.arcane_charge.stack<2 actions.conserve+=/presence_of_mind,if=(mana.pct>96&(!talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled|!cooldown.prismatic_crystal.up))|set_bonus.tier18_2pc actions.conserve+=/arcane_blast,if=buff.arcane_charge.stack=4&mana.pct>93 actions.conserve+=/arcane_barrage,if=talent.arcane_orb.enabled&active_enemies>=3&buff.arcane_charge.stack=4&(cooldown.arcane_orb.remains<gcd.max|prev_gcd.arcane_orb) actions.conserve+=/arcane_missiles,if=buff.arcane_charge.stack=4&(!talent.overpowered.enabled|cooldown.arcane_power.remains>10*spell_haste) actions.conserve+=/supernova,if=mana.pct<96&(buff.arcane_missiles.stack<2|buff.arcane_charge.stack=4)&(buff.arcane_power.up|(charges=1&cooldown.arcane_power.remains>recharge_time))&(!talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled|current_target=pet.prismatic_crystal|(charges=1&cooldown.prismatic_crystal.remains>recharge_time+8)) actions.conserve+=/nether_tempest,cycle_targets=1,if=target!=pet.prismatic_crystal&buff.arcane_charge.stack=4&(active_dot.nether_tempest=0|(ticking&remains<(10-3*talent.arcane_orb.enabled)*spell_haste)) actions.conserve+=/arcane_barrage,if=buff.arcane_charge.stack=4 actions.conserve+=/presence_of_mind,if=buff.arcane_charge.stack<2&mana.pct>93 actions.conserve+=/arcane_blast actions.conserve+=/arcane_barrage head=demon_princes_ascendant_crown,id=124159,bonus_id=567 neck=vial_of_immiscible_liquid,id=124212,bonus_id=567,enchant=gift_of_mastery shoulders=mantle_of_the_arcanic_conclave,id=124177,bonus_id=567 back=cloak_of_hideous_unity,id=124138,bonus_id=567,enchant=gift_of_mastery chest=robe_of_the_arcanic_conclave,id=124171,bonus_id=567 wrists=contemptuous_wristguards,id=124186,bonus_id=567 hands=gloves_of_the_arcanic_conclave,id=124154,bonus_id=567 waist=sash_of_unending_anguish,id=124181,bonus_id=567 legs=pantaloons_of_the_arcanic_conclave,id=124165,bonus_id=567 feet=bloody_daggerheeled_pumps,id=124149,bonus_id=567 finger1=loathful_encrusted_band,id=124192,bonus_id=567,enchant=gift_of_mastery finger2=nithramus_the_allseer,id=124635,enchant=gift_of_mastery trinket1=tome_of_shifting_words,id=124516,bonus_id=567 trinket2=unblinking_gaze_of_sethe,id=124229,bonus_id=567 main_hand=edict_of_argus,id=124382,bonus_id=567,enchant=mark_of_bleeding_hollow # Gear Summary # gear_ilvl=730.00 # gear_stamina=6217 # gear_intellect=4669 # gear_spell_power=2545 # gear_crit_rating=1126 # gear_haste_rating=1288 # gear_mastery_rating=2379 # gear_armor=1114 # gear_multistrike_rating=708 # gear_versatility_rating=278 # set_bonus=tier18_2pc=1 # set_bonus=tier18_4pc=1

mage="T18M_Fire_BW_ROP_PC_ring_sync" level=100 race=troll role=spell position=back talents=3003322 glyphs=inferno_blast/combustion/dragons_breath spec=fire # This default action priority list is automatically created based on your character. # It is a attempt to provide you with a action list that is both simple and practicable, # while resulting in a meaningful and good simulation. It may not result in the absolutely highest possible dps. # Feel free to edit, adapt and improve it to your own needs. # SimulationCraft is always looking for updates and improvements to the default action lists. # Executed before combat begins. Accepts non-harmful actions only. actions.precombat=flask,type=greater_draenic_intellect_flask actions.precombat+=/food,type=pickled_eel actions.precombat+=/arcane_brilliance actions.precombat+=/snapshot_stats actions.precombat+=/rune_of_power actions.precombat+=/mirror_image actions.precombat+=/potion,name=draenic_intellect actions.precombat+=/pyroblast # Executed every time the actor is available. actions=stop_pyro_chain,if=prev_off_gcd.combustion actions+=/counterspell,if=target.debuff.casting.react actions+=/time_warp,if=target.health.pct<25|time>5 actions+=/call_action_list,name=movement,if=raid_event.movement.exists actions+=/rune_of_power,if=buff.rune_of_power.remains<cast_time actions+=/call_action_list,name=t17_2pc_combust,if=ptr=0&set_bonus.tier17_2pc&pyro_chain&(active_enemies>1|(talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled&cooldown.prismatic_crystal.remains>15)) actions+=/call_action_list,name=combust_sequence,if=pyro_chain actions+=/call_action_list,name=crystal_sequence,if=talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled&pet.prismatic_crystal.active actions+=/call_action_list,name=init_combust,if=!pyro_chain # Utilize level 90 active talents while avoiding pyro munching actions+=/rune_of_power,if=buff.rune_of_power.remains<action.fireball.execute_time+gcd.max&!(buff.heating_up.up&action.fireball.in_flight) actions+=/mirror_image,if=!(buff.heating_up.up&action.fireball.in_flight) actions+=/call_action_list,name=aoe,if=active_enemies>10 actions+=/call_action_list,name=single_target actions.movement=blink,if=movement.distance>10 actions.movement+=/blazing_speed,if=movement.remains>0 actions.movement+=/ice_floes,if=buff.ice_floes.down&(raid_event.movement.distance>0|raid_event.movement.in<action.fireball.cast_time) # Action list while Prismatic Crystal is up actions.crystal_sequence=choose_target,name=prismatic_crystal # Spread Combustion from PC actions.crystal_sequence+=/inferno_blast,if=dot.combustion.ticking&active_dot.combustion<active_enemies+1 # Spread Combustion on multitarget fights actions.crystal_sequence+=/inferno_blast,cycle_targets=1,if=dot.combustion.ticking&active_dot.combustion<active_enemies actions.crystal_sequence+=/blast_wave # Use pyros before PC's expiration actions.crystal_sequence+=/pyroblast,if=execute_time=gcd.max&pet.prismatic_crystal.remains<gcd.max+travel_time&pet.prismatic_crystal.remains>travel_time actions.crystal_sequence+=/call_action_list,name=single_target # Combustion sequence initialization # This sequence lists the requirements for preparing a Combustion combo with each talent choice # Meteor Combustion actions.init_combust=start_pyro_chain,if=talent.meteor.enabled&cooldown.meteor.up&((cooldown.combustion.remains<gcd.max*3&buff.pyroblast.up&(buff.heating_up.up^action.fireball.in_flight))|(buff.pyromaniac.up&(cooldown.combustion.remains<ceil(buff.pyromaniac.remains%gcd.max)*gcd.max))) # Prismatic Crystal Combustion without 2T17 actions.init_combust+=/start_pyro_chain,if=(legendary_ring.cooldown.remains=0)&talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled&(ptr=1|!set_bonus.tier17_2pc)&cooldown.prismatic_crystal.up&((cooldown.combustion.remains<gcd.max*2&buff.pyroblast.up&(buff.heating_up.up^action.fireball.in_flight))|(buff.pyromaniac.up&(cooldown.combustion.remains<ceil(buff.pyromaniac.remains%gcd.max)*gcd.max))) # Prismatic Crystal Combustion with 2T17 actions.init_combust+=/start_pyro_chain,if=talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled&ptr=0&set_bonus.tier17_2pc&cooldown.prismatic_crystal.up&cooldown.combustion.remains<gcd.max*2&buff.pyroblast.up&(buff.heating_up.up^action.fireball.in_flight) # Unglyphed Combustions between Prismatic Crystals actions.init_combust+=/start_pyro_chain,if=talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled&!glyph.combustion.enabled&cooldown.prismatic_crystal.remains>20&((cooldown.combustion.remains<gcd.max*2&buff.pyroblast.up&buff.heating_up.up&action.fireball.in_flight)|(buff.pyromaniac.up&(cooldown.combustion.remains<ceil(buff.pyromaniac.remains%gcd.max)*gcd.max))) # Kindling or Level 90 Combustion actions.init_combust+=/start_pyro_chain,if=!talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled&!talent.meteor.enabled&((cooldown.combustion.remains<gcd.max*4&buff.pyroblast.up&buff.heating_up.up&action.fireball.in_flight)|(buff.pyromaniac.up&cooldown.combustion.remains<ceil(buff.pyromaniac.remains%gcd.max)*(gcd.max+talent.kindling.enabled))) # 2T17 two-target Combustion sequence actions.t17_2pc_combust=prismatic_crystal actions.t17_2pc_combust+=/blood_fury actions.t17_2pc_combust+=/berserking actions.t17_2pc_combust+=/arcane_torrent actions.t17_2pc_combust+=/use_item,slot=finger2 actions.t17_2pc_combust+=/potion,name=draenic_intellect # Second pre-combust IB actions.t17_2pc_combust+=/inferno_blast,if=prev_gcd.inferno_blast&pyro_chain_duration>gcd.max*3 # First pre-combust IB actions.t17_2pc_combust+=/inferno_blast,if=charges_fractional>=2-(gcd.max%8)&((buff.pyroblast.down&buff.pyromaniac.down)|(current_target=pet.prismatic_crystal&pet.prismatic_crystal.remains*2<gcd.max*5)) # Search for enemy with highest ignite for Combustion actions.t17_2pc_combust+=/choose_target,target_if=max:dot.ignite.tick_dmg,if=prev_gcd.inferno_blast # Failsafe: Pyroblast after double IB if ignite ticks are low actions.t17_2pc_combust+=/pyroblast,if=prev_gcd.inferno_blast&execute_time=gcd.max&dot.ignite.tick_dmg*(6-ceil(dot.ignite.remains-travel_time))*100<hit_damage*(100+crit_pct_current)*mastery_value # Combustion; Will only trigger post double IB actions.t17_2pc_combust+=/combustion,if=prev_gcd.inferno_blast&pyro_chain_duration>gcd.max actions.t17_2pc_combust+=/combustion,if=prev_gcd.pyroblast&action.inferno_blast.charges=0&pyro_chain_duration>gcd.max actions.t17_2pc_combust+=/meteor,if=active_enemies<=2&prev_gcd.pyroblast actions.t17_2pc_combust+=/pyroblast,if=buff.pyroblast.up&buff.heating_up.up&action.fireball.in_flight # Initial Fireball actions.t17_2pc_combust+=/fireball,if=!dot.ignite.ticking&!in_flight actions.t17_2pc_combust+=/pyroblast,if=set_bonus.tier17_4pc&buff.pyromaniac.up # Conditional second Fireball actions.t17_2pc_combust+=/fireball,if=buff.pyroblast.up&buff.heating_up.down&dot.ignite.tick_dmg*100*(execute_time+travel_time)<hit_damage*(100+crit_pct_current)*mastery_value&(!current_target=pet.prismatic_crystal|pet.prismatic_crystal.remains>6) # Pyroblast trigger due to Prismatic Crystal's limited duration actions.t17_2pc_combust+=/pyroblast,if=current_target=pet.prismatic_crystal&pet.prismatic_crystal.remains<gcd.max*4&execute_time=gcd.max # Final Pyroblast spam before double IB actions.t17_2pc_combust+=/pyroblast,if=buff.pyroblast.up&action.inferno_blast.charges_fractional>=2-(gcd.max%4)&(current_target!=pet.prismatic_crystal|pet.prismatic_crystal.remains<8)&prev_gcd.pyroblast # Failsafe: use IB before combusting anyway if double non-crit happens early actions.t17_2pc_combust+=/inferno_blast,if=buff.pyroblast.down&buff.heating_up.down&prev_gcd.pyroblast actions.t17_2pc_combust+=/fireball # Combustion Sequence actions.combust_sequence=prismatic_crystal actions.combust_sequence+=/blood_fury actions.combust_sequence+=/berserking actions.combust_sequence+=/arcane_torrent actions.combust_sequence+=/use_item,slot=trinket2 actions.combust_sequence+=/use_item,slot=finger2 actions.combust_sequence+=/potion,name=draenic_intellect actions.combust_sequence+=/meteor,if=active_enemies<=2 actions.combust_sequence+=/pyroblast,if=set_bonus.tier17_4pc&buff.pyromaniac.up actions.combust_sequence+=/inferno_blast,if=set_bonus.tier16_4pc_caster&(buff.pyroblast.up^buff.heating_up.up) actions.combust_sequence+=/fireball,if=!dot.ignite.ticking&!in_flight actions.combust_sequence+=/pyroblast,if=buff.pyroblast.up&dot.ignite.tick_dmg*(6-ceil(dot.ignite.remains-travel_time))<crit_damage*mastery_value # Meteor Combustions can run out of Pyro procs before impact. Use IB to delay Combustion actions.combust_sequence+=/inferno_blast,if=talent.meteor.enabled&cooldown.meteor.duration-cooldown.meteor.remains<gcd.max*3 actions.combust_sequence+=/inferno_blast,if=dot.ignite.tick_dmg*(6-dot.ignite.ticks_remain)<crit_damage*mastery_value actions.combust_sequence+=/combustion # Active talents usage actions.active_talents=meteor,if=active_enemies>=3|(glyph.combustion.enabled&(!talent.incanters_flow.enabled|buff.incanters_flow.stack+incanters_flow_dir>=4)&cooldown.meteor.duration-cooldown.combustion.remains<10) actions.active_talents+=/call_action_list,name=living_bomb,if=talent.living_bomb.enabled&(active_enemies>1|raid_event.adds.in<10) actions.active_talents+=/blast_wave,if=(!talent.incanters_flow.enabled|buff.incanters_flow.stack>=4)&(target.time_to_die<10|!talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled|(charges>=1&cooldown.prismatic_crystal.remains>recharge_time)) # Living Bomb application actions.living_bomb=inferno_blast,cycle_targets=1,if=dot.living_bomb.ticking&active_dot.living_bomb<active_enemies actions.living_bomb+=/living_bomb,cycle_targets=1,if=target!=pet.prismatic_crystal&(active_dot.living_bomb=0|(ticking&active_dot.living_bomb=1))&(((!talent.incanters_flow.enabled|incanters_flow_dir<0|buff.incanters_flow.stack=5)&remains<3.6)|((incanters_flow_dir>0|buff.incanters_flow.stack=1)&remains<gcd.max))&target.time_to_die>remains+12 # AoE sequence actions.aoe=inferno_blast,cycle_targets=1,if=(dot.combustion.ticking&active_dot.combustion<active_enemies)|(dot.pyroblast.ticking&active_dot.pyroblast<active_enemies) actions.aoe+=/call_action_list,name=active_talents actions.aoe+=/pyroblast,if=buff.pyroblast.react|buff.pyromaniac.react actions.aoe+=/pyroblast,if=active_dot.pyroblast=0&!in_flight actions.aoe+=/cold_snap,if=glyph.dragons_breath.enabled&!cooldown.dragons_breath.up actions.aoe+=/dragons_breath,if=glyph.dragons_breath.enabled actions.aoe+=/flamestrike,if=mana.pct>10&remains<2.4 # Single target sequence actions.single_target=inferno_blast,if=(dot.combustion.ticking&active_dot.combustion<active_enemies)|(dot.living_bomb.ticking&active_dot.living_bomb<active_enemies) # Use Pyro procs before they run out actions.single_target+=/pyroblast,if=buff.pyroblast.up&buff.pyroblast.remains<action.fireball.execute_time actions.single_target+=/pyroblast,if=set_bonus.tier16_2pc_caster&buff.pyroblast.up&buff.potent_flames.up&buff.potent_flames.remains<gcd.max actions.single_target+=/pyroblast,if=set_bonus.tier17_4pc&buff.pyromaniac.react # Pyro camp during regular sequence; Do not use Pyro procs without HU and first using fireball actions.single_target+=/pyroblast,if=buff.pyroblast.up&buff.heating_up.up&action.fireball.in_flight # Aggressively use Pyro with 2T17 and IB available actions.single_target+=/pyroblast,if=ptr=0&set_bonus.tier17_2pc&buff.pyroblast.up&cooldown.combustion.remains>8&action.inferno_blast.charges_fractional>1-(gcd.max%8) # Heating Up conversion to Pyroblast actions.single_target+=/inferno_blast,if=(cooldown.combustion.remains%8+charges_fractional>=2|ptr=1|!set_bonus.tier17_2pc|!(active_enemies>1|talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled))&buff.pyroblast.down&buff.heating_up.up actions.single_target+=/call_action_list,name=active_talents # Adding Heating Up to Pyroblast actions.single_target+=/inferno_blast,if=(cooldown.combustion.remains%8+charges_fractional>=2|ptr=1|!set_bonus.tier17_2pc|!(active_enemies>1|talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled))&buff.pyroblast.up&buff.heating_up.down&!action.fireball.in_flight # Aggressively use IB with 2T17 actions.single_target+=/inferno_blast,if=ptr=0&set_bonus.tier17_2pc&(cooldown.combustion.remains%8+charges_fractional>2|!set_bonus.tier17_2pc|!(active_enemies>1|talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled))&charges_fractional>2-(gcd.max%8) actions.single_target+=/fireball actions.single_target+=/scorch,moving=1 head=cowl_of_the_arcanic_conclave,id=124160,bonus_id=567 neck=vial_of_immiscible_liquid,id=124212,bonus_id=567,enchant=gift_of_critical_strike shoulders=mantle_of_the_arcanic_conclave,id=124177,bonus_id=567 back=cloak_of_hideous_unity,id=124138,bonus_id=567,enchant=gift_of_critical_strike chest=raiment_of_divine_clarity,id=124170,bonus_id=567 wrists=contemptuous_wristguards,id=124186,bonus_id=567 hands=gloves_of_the_arcanic_conclave,id=124154,bonus_id=567 waist=sash_of_unending_anguish,id=124181,bonus_id=567 legs=pantaloons_of_the_arcanic_conclave,id=124165,bonus_id=567 feet=bloody_daggerheeled_pumps,id=124149,bonus_id=567 finger1=seal_of_the_traitorous_councilor,id=124191,bonus_id=567,enchant=gift_of_critical_strike finger2=nithramus_the_allseer,id=124635,enchant=gift_of_critical_strike trinket1=desecrated_shadowmoon_insignia,id=124228,bonus_id=567 trinket2=intuitions_gift,id=124232,bonus_id=567 main_hand=edict_of_argus,id=124382,bonus_id=567,enchant=mark_of_the_thunderlord # Gear Summary # gear_ilvl=727.33 # gear_stamina=6217 # gear_intellect=5020 # gear_spell_power=2545 # gear_crit_rating=1401 # gear_haste_rating=1288 # gear_mastery_rating=2104 # gear_armor=1114 # gear_multistrike_rating=708 # gear_versatility_rating=278 # set_bonus=tier18_2pc=1 # set_bonus=tier18_4pc=1

mage="Mage_Frost_T18M" level=100 race=dwarf role=spell position=back talents=3003122 glyphs=icy_veins/splitting_ice/cone_of_cold spec=frost # This default action priority list is automatically created based on your character. # It is a attempt to provide you with a action list that is both simple and practicable, # while resulting in a meaningful and good simulation. It may not result in the absolutely highest possible dps. # Feel free to edit, adapt and improve it to your own needs. # SimulationCraft is always looking for updates and improvements to the default action lists. # Executed before combat begins. Accepts non-harmful actions only. actions.precombat=flask,type=greater_draenic_intellect_flask actions.precombat+=/food,type=salty_squid_roll actions.precombat+=/arcane_brilliance actions.precombat+=/water_elemental actions.precombat+=/snapshot_stats actions.precombat+=/rune_of_power actions.precombat+=/mirror_image actions.precombat+=/potion,name=draenic_intellect actions.precombat+=/frostbolt,if=!talent.frost_bomb.enabled actions.precombat+=/frost_bomb # Executed every time the actor is available. actions=counterspell,if=target.debuff.casting.react actions+=/time_warp,if=target.health.pct<25|time>5 actions+=/call_action_list,name=movement,if=raid_event.movement.exists actions+=/call_action_list,name=water_jet,if=prev_off_gcd.water_jet|debuff.water_jet.remains>0 actions+=/mirror_image actions+=/rune_of_power,if=buff.rune_of_power.remains<cast_time actions+=/rune_of_power,if=(cooldown.icy_veins.remains<gcd.max&buff.rune_of_power.remains<20)|(cooldown.prismatic_crystal.remains<gcd.max&buff.rune_of_power.remains<10) actions+=/call_action_list,name=cooldowns,if=target.time_to_die<24 # Water jet on pull for non IN+PC talent combos actions+=/water_jet,if=time<1&active_enemies<4&!(talent.ice_nova.enabled&talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled) actions+=/call_action_list,name=crystal_sequence,if=talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled&(cooldown.prismatic_crystal.remains<=gcd.max|pet.prismatic_crystal.active) actions+=/call_action_list,name=aoe,if=active_enemies>=4 actions+=/call_action_list,name=single_target actions.movement=blink,if=movement.distance>10 actions.movement+=/blazing_speed,if=movement.remains>0 actions.movement+=/ice_floes,if=buff.ice_floes.down&(raid_event.movement.distance>0|raid_event.movement.in<action.frostbolt.cast_time) # Actions while Prismatic Crystal is active actions.crystal_sequence=frost_bomb,if=active_enemies=1&current_target!=pet.prismatic_crystal&remains<10 actions.crystal_sequence+=/prismatic_crystal actions.crystal_sequence+=/frozen_orb actions.crystal_sequence+=/call_action_list,name=cooldowns actions.crystal_sequence+=/frost_bomb,if=talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled&current_target=pet.prismatic_crystal&active_enemies>1&!ticking actions.crystal_sequence+=/ice_lance,if=buff.fingers_of_frost.react=2|(buff.fingers_of_frost.react&active_dot.frozen_orb>=1) actions.crystal_sequence+=/ice_nova,if=charges=2|pet.prismatic_crystal.remains<gcd.max actions.crystal_sequence+=/ice_lance,if=buff.fingers_of_frost.react actions.crystal_sequence+=/frostfire_bolt,if=buff.brain_freeze.react actions.crystal_sequence+=/ice_nova actions.crystal_sequence+=/blizzard,interrupt_if=cooldown.frozen_orb.up|(talent.frost_bomb.enabled&buff.fingers_of_frost.react=2),if=active_enemies>=5 actions.crystal_sequence+=/choose_target,if=pet.prismatic_crystal.remains<action.frostbolt.cast_time+action.frostbolt.travel_time actions.crystal_sequence+=/frostbolt # Consolidated damage cooldown abilities actions.cooldowns=icy_veins actions.cooldowns+=/blood_fury actions.cooldowns+=/berserking actions.cooldowns+=/arcane_torrent actions.cooldowns+=/potion,name=draenic_intellect,if=buff.bloodlust.up|buff.icy_veins.up actions.cooldowns+=/use_item,slot=finger2 # Water Jet initialization actions.init_water_jet=frost_bomb,if=remains<3.6 actions.init_water_jet+=/ice_lance,if=buff.fingers_of_frost.react&pet.water_elemental.cooldown.water_jet.up actions.init_water_jet+=/water_jet,if=prev_gcd.frostbolt|action.frostbolt.travel_time<spell_haste actions.init_water_jet+=/frostbolt # Water Jet sequence actions.water_jet=frostbolt,if=prev_off_gcd.water_jet actions.water_jet+=/ice_lance,if=buff.fingers_of_frost.react=2&action.frostbolt.in_flight actions.water_jet+=/frostbolt,if=debuff.water_jet.remains>cast_time+travel_time actions.water_jet+=/ice_lance,if=prev_gcd.frostbolt # AoE sequence actions.aoe=call_action_list,name=cooldowns actions.aoe+=/frost_bomb,if=remains<action.ice_lance.travel_time&(cooldown.frozen_orb.remains<gcd.max|buff.fingers_of_frost.react=2) actions.aoe+=/frozen_orb actions.aoe+=/ice_lance,if=talent.frost_bomb.enabled&buff.fingers_of_frost.react&debuff.frost_bomb.up actions.aoe+=/comet_storm actions.aoe+=/ice_nova actions.aoe+=/blizzard,interrupt_if=cooldown.frozen_orb.up|(talent.frost_bomb.enabled&buff.fingers_of_frost.react=2) # Single target sequence actions.single_target=call_action_list,name=cooldowns,if=!talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled|cooldown.prismatic_crystal.remains>15 # Safeguards against losing FoF and BF to buff expiry actions.single_target+=/ice_lance,if=buff.fingers_of_frost.react&buff.fingers_of_frost.remains<action.frostbolt.execute_time actions.single_target+=/frostfire_bolt,if=buff.brain_freeze.react&buff.brain_freeze.remains<action.frostbolt.execute_time # Frozen Orb usage without Prismatic Crystal actions.single_target+=/frost_bomb,if=!talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled&cooldown.frozen_orb.remains<gcd.max&debuff.frost_bomb.remains<10 actions.single_target+=/frozen_orb,if=!talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled&buff.fingers_of_frost.stack<2&cooldown.icy_veins.remains>45 # Single target routine; Rough summary: IN2 > FoF2 > CmS > IN > BF > FoF actions.single_target+=/frost_bomb,if=remains<action.ice_lance.travel_time&(buff.fingers_of_frost.react=2|(buff.fingers_of_frost.react&(talent.thermal_void.enabled|buff.fingers_of_frost.remains<gcd.max*2))) actions.single_target+=/ice_nova,if=target.time_to_die<10|(charges=2&(!talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled|!cooldown.prismatic_crystal.up)) actions.single_target+=/frostbolt,if=t18_class_trinket&buff.fingers_of_frost.react=2&!in_flight actions.single_target+=/ice_lance,if=buff.fingers_of_frost.react=2|(buff.fingers_of_frost.react&dot.frozen_orb.ticking) actions.single_target+=/comet_storm actions.single_target+=/ice_nova,if=(!talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled|(charges=1&cooldown.prismatic_crystal.remains>recharge_time&(buff.incanters_flow.stack>3|!talent.ice_nova.enabled)))&(buff.icy_veins.up|(charges=1&cooldown.icy_veins.remains>recharge_time)) actions.single_target+=/frostfire_bolt,if=buff.brain_freeze.react actions.single_target+=/frostbolt,if=t18_class_trinket&buff.fingers_of_frost.react&!in_flight actions.single_target+=/ice_lance,if=talent.frost_bomb.enabled&buff.fingers_of_frost.react&debuff.frost_bomb.remains>travel_time&(!talent.thermal_void.enabled|cooldown.icy_veins.remains>8) # Camp procs and spam Frostbolt while 4T17 buff is up actions.single_target+=/frostbolt,if=set_bonus.tier17_2pc&buff.ice_shard.up&!(talent.thermal_void.enabled&buff.icy_veins.up&buff.icy_veins.remains<10) actions.single_target+=/call_action_list,name=init_water_jet,if=pet.water_elemental.cooldown.water_jet.remains<=gcd.max*(buff.fingers_of_frost.react+talent.frost_bomb.enabled)&!dot.frozen_orb.ticking actions.single_target+=/ice_lance,if=!talent.frost_bomb.enabled&buff.fingers_of_frost.react&(!talent.thermal_void.enabled|cooldown.icy_veins.remains>8) actions.single_target+=/frostbolt actions.single_target+=/ice_lance,moving=1 head=countenance_of_the_revenant,id=124158,bonus_id=567 neck=choker_of_forbidden_indulgence,id=124391,bonus_id=567,enchant=gift_of_multistrike shoulders=mantle_of_the_arcanic_conclave,id=124177,bonus_id=567 back=cloak_of_hideous_unity,id=124138,bonus_id=567,enchant=gift_of_multistrike chest=robe_of_the_arcanic_conclave,id=124171,bonus_id=567 wrists=powdersinged_bracers,id=124183,bonus_id=567 hands=gloves_of_the_arcanic_conclave,id=124154,bonus_id=567 waist=sash_of_unending_anguish,id=124181,bonus_id=567 legs=pantaloons_of_the_arcanic_conclave,id=124165,bonus_id=567 feet=bloody_daggerheeled_pumps,id=124149,bonus_id=567 finger1=loathful_encrusted_band,id=124192,bonus_id=567,enchant=gift_of_multistrike finger2=nithramus_the_allseer,id=124635,enchant=gift_of_multistrike trinket1=unblinking_gaze_of_sethe,id=124229,bonus_id=567 trinket2=prophecy_of_fear,id=124230,bonus_id=567 main_hand=edict_of_argus,id=124382,bonus_id=567,enchant=mark_of_the_frostwolf # Gear Summary # gear_ilvl=728.00 # gear_stamina=6140 # gear_intellect=5120 # gear_spell_power=2545 # gear_crit_rating=654 # gear_haste_rating=1742 # gear_mastery_rating=1350 # gear_armor=1102 # gear_multistrike_rating=1686 # gear_versatility_rating=278 # set_bonus=tier18_2pc=1 # set_bonus=tier18_4pc=1
I just ran them using ptr=1. You won't be able to do ring syncing like I did in the profiles unless you can pull from the git repository and build yourself, since the expression to access the ring CD was recently added. If you really want to do stuff with ring syncing, PM me and I can send you profiles that do it in a much more ugly (but functionally identical) way.
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Tue May 26, 2015 12:55 am

I feel like comparing numbers using the legendary ring which we still have a huge number of question marks about (especially with Prismatic Crystal) is a bit misleading. We know that PC should not be allowed to double dip on Legendary Ring damage tallying, so I don't agree with referencing these numbers. It's a bit like comparing numbers during beta when Ice Lance multistrikes triggered Frost Bomb.

I just wish they didn't decide to have the rings skip PTR. We'd have a much better picture of how things shake out.
Admin of Altered Time.

Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Tue May 26, 2015 1:08 am

I gave sufficient warning about the problems that the ring introduces :)

Without, the specs are all equal right now.
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Wed May 27, 2015 2:13 am

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/185399 ... -2015#mage" target="_blank

I can't say I understand the point of this change. Water Jet on Prismatic Crystal? Doesn't seem to make sense, since you want to build procs before summoning PC. MI attacking PC? Arcane tier bonus pets attacking PC? Both seem minor enough to not care about.
Admin of Altered Time.

Charmander!

Unread postby Charmander! Wed May 27, 2015 7:47 am

I'd think it's a decent MI buff, even taking into account them finishing their prior cast before starting casts on the crystal, and having a cast cut off when the crystal despawns, it's probably something like 10-15%.
Dizzeeyooo

Unread postby Dizzeeyooo Wed May 27, 2015 2:16 pm

I'd think it's a decent MI buff, even taking into account them finishing their prior cast before starting casts on the crystal, and having a cast cut off when the crystal despawns, it's probably something like 10-15%.
certainly won't complain if it's enough to let us start using mirror images again as frost

regarding the change though, will mirrors even switch to the crystal in time to get any real benefit out of it? I know already now when I'm switching targets normally, it always takes mirror images at least 4-6 seconds to catch up and switch to hitting the new target, so if that remains the same then they will only be able to land 2-3 casts onto the crystal anyway?
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Wed May 27, 2015 2:25 pm

MI target switching is going to be a problem, yeah. They are delayed by at least one cast time since they don't start switching until you finish a cast on a new target, and then they are going to be stupid and cast on PC when the cast is either going to fizzle as PC despawns, or finish and have PC despawn as the spell is in flight.

My guess is it's going to be a small buff to MI, and overall a small buff to PC for Frost (from welly).
Preheat

Unread postby Preheat Wed May 27, 2015 6:40 pm

In regards to Mirror images and pet being able to dps the crystal:

These changes really only have an effect on frost. At least, that's the only time I use Mirror Images (Maybe this is planning for Arcane T18 4p?).

Since you can control the water ele you will see a tiny dps increase by effectively swapping to the crystal and off at the correct times. When it comes to mirrors though, I feel like if anything you're going to lose a tiny bit of dps. No matter how you look at it, their casts are going to be interrupted or fizzle on an expired crystal. Keep in mind PC for frost is only a x1.1 multiplier, so it's easy to lose the damage gained by missing even one cast.

I guess tiny gain or tiny loss, either way it's a drop in the bucket.

Return to “General Discussion”