[Discussion] Patch 6.2 PTR

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
Komma
Administrator

Re: [Discussion] Patch 6.2 PTR

Unread postby Komma Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:30 am

I know this is no where near enough data to prove anything, but on Socrethar mythic testing fire was feeling really strong single-target. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Kd ... ne&fight=9" target="_blank
You had a scaled up 720 itemlevel Goren Soul Repository, and most of your 13 pulls were around 2 minutes or less. Prismatic Crystal and Combustion were 25% and 21% of your overall damage.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Kd ... 94&wipes=1" target="_blank

Those things are not going to happen when you kill it on live.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Griepen

Unread postby Griepen Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:37 am

Yeah, I know it doesn't actually show much. I just think that fire will be overalll better than arcane for progression. And I much prefer the arcane playstyle.
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:42 am

If we're talking about progression, then it's much harder to say. Arcane is a single target focused spec without much cleave/AOE, after all.
Admin of Altered Time.

Griepen

Unread postby Griepen Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:50 am

Yeah, and that is my only concern. Without having any real data to back it up, my guesstimation is that fire will outperform arcane based on the fights, and the gear available during progression.

EDIT:
Item - Mage T18 Arcane 2P Bonus Arcane Missiles has a 35% chance to create a Time Anomaly, summoning a random hero through time to assist you in battle for 10 sec.
Item - Mage T18 Arcane 4P Bonus Each of the heroes summoned by Time Anomaly increases the damage you deal by 12% until it departs.

Forget everything I just said.
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:47 am

Build 20076.

Arcane 2T18 proc rate 5% --> 35%.
Arcane 4T18 buff 10% --> 12%.

Fire 4T18 buff 5% haste and damage --> 6% haste and damage

Frost 2T18 Brain Freeze +40% --> +20%

Prophecy of Fear and Unblinking Gaze trinkets both buffed by 25%.

Tome of Shifting Words for Frost and Fire (Shatterlance and Pyrosurge) buffed.
Admin of Altered Time.

Kasc

Unread postby Kasc Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:51 am

[ARCANE]

I assume that 2PC/4PC will increase the DPET of AM by a large amount. Will it be large enough to change our gameplay? I've see some suggest that potentially AM munching at low Arcane Charge stacks is an acceptable risk, will this change that?

Another situation can arise where you have 2 stacks of AM and 2 charges, by waiting for 4 charges before using AM, you will munch if acquiring charges 3 and 4 both cause AM to proc. Should we be considering changing that stratedgy?

I appreciate it's hard to quantify for a definite answer and with the volatile nature of the PTR, it might not be worth doing any deep rotational analysis yet. However, I find these questions interesting!
yungg

Unread postby yungg Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:09 am

unsure if t18 is going to go live like that for arcane, seems pretty insane just eyeballing without doing any math.
Zelendria

Unread postby Zelendria Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:18 am

[ARCANE]Another situation can arise where you have 2 stacks of AM and 2 charges, by waiting for 4 charges before using AM, you will munch if acquiring charges 3 and 4 both cause AM to proc. Should we be considering changing that stratedgy?
The only way to not munch missiles at low stacks is to break rule 1. ABC. Always Be Casting.
If you've just done your last AB4 followed by Barrage you might double proc missiles. Now you do AB1 and it procs missile 3. However you can't be stood doing nothing just in case so by the time you even know it got the third stack of missiles you're already into casting AB2 which if that procs will munch a set of missiles.
Lets say you stood still after every AB with 2 stacks of missiles and it doesn't proc, the far more likely scenario, you just wasted possibly .5 second. Over the course of a entire boss pull doing this everytime you're at 2 stacks of missiles would equate to a huge loss in DPS
Caimion

Unread postby Caimion Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:51 pm

Yeah, I know it doesn't actually show much. I just think that fire will be overalll better than arcane for progression. And I much prefer the arcane playstyle.
Well there's only what, 3 single target fights in the tier? So I expect to be Fire regardless of how single target shakes out.
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:47 pm

I assume that 2PC/4PC will increase the DPET of AM by a large amount. Will it be large enough to change our gameplay? I've see some suggest that potentially AM munching at low Arcane Charge stacks is an acceptable risk, will this change that?
Probably not. The current strategy is already munching as few AMs as possible, with the exception of a 30% chance of munching when you're casting the single AB at 3 stacks of AM.
unsure if t18 is going to go live like that for arcane, seems pretty insane just eyeballing without doing any math.
I don't think so. Using simulation numbers, ~70 AMs over 450 seconds -> ~25 heroes -> ~250 seconds of 12% over 450 seconds -> ~6.67% overall gain, which is slightly above average but not insane by any measure.

Obviously this is just napkin math, and the buffs are multiplicative, so it's not accurate. But even if we're talking 6-8%, that's still not comparable to say, Frost 2T18 before this nerf, which was valued at 10-11%. Now it's closer to ~6%.
Admin of Altered Time.

yungg

Unread postby yungg Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:51 am

If it goes live as is, if HFC has any arcane orb friendly fights, it should be pretty interesting with how many arcane missiles procs we'd get to play with.
Quetesh

Unread postby Quetesh Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:30 am

If it goes live as is, if HFC has any arcane orb friendly fights, it should be pretty interesting with how many arcane missiles procs we'd get to play with.
On Arcane Orb friendly fights we will play fire :D
Zelendria

Unread postby Zelendria Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:30 am

Depends if the fight and team comp requires everybody to cleave. Otherwise it's better to sacrifice some AOE into ST
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:03 pm

On Arcane Orb friendly fights we will play fire :D
Not really. Most mages I know ran AO Arcane for Darmac because the single target was more important than number padding on the adds with Fire. So far, most of the add fights in HFC are the same. There are trivial adds and primary targets; so I've been thinking of just running AO Arcane.
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:25 am

EDIT: I went full retard and didn't notice I only gave Frost 1 trinket. I'll work on fixing that >.<!
EDIT2: Holy fuck I'm so mad at myself.
EDIT3: Fixed. Edited discussion. You should re-read if you already read it.

Here is how things are looking in 6.2 for all the specs.

Single target only for now.

Arcane is running SN_RoP_PC
Fire is running BW_RoP_PC
Frost is running FBomb_RoP_PC

Current Tier ( Tier 17 ) Comparisons:

Brief Discussion:

These effectively show what will happen to your DPS immediately after we transition from 6.1 to 6.2, before you can pick up any HFC gear. They are the direct result of the tuning the specs have received.

Arcane is still strong single target, but Fire loses a significant amount of it's single target power resulting in Arcane > Frost >>> Fire in terms of DPS. This is mainly from the change of the 2pc, and is entirely expected.

Next Tier ( Tier 18 ) Comparisons:

Notes:

1) This is using T18 NORMAL mode gear. This effectively is the same ilvl as the T17Mythic profiles, but instead has the secondary stat changes that are available from HFC gear / tier.
2) The legendary ring (Nithramus) is not included in this. I purposefully did not want to look at it, because we will not have access to it for awhile and because I don't want people making conclusions based off data we don't know everything about yet :)
3) Pets are still up in the air in terms of their strength, but 100% they are way too strong right now. So 0 -> 2pc tier bonus for arcane is very OP. Expect nerfs to bring it down to around 5-7% bonus, just like the fire/frost bonuses.
4) This doesn't have the current bug with Arcane mastery no longer effecting trinket damage.
5) Pets are not hitting PC yet.

Brief Discussion:

Arcane is NOT running UM here, it's running SN. After the last round of trinket buffs the Mage Trinket is not default best in slot anymore. This means that UM is no longer the most powerful option for that talent tier (you can confirm this yourself via. sims, I can provide them if someone wants proof I checked). It seems like the Mage Trinket, and therefore UM, only become optimal after you can sync PC/AP to Nithramus. Since this talent/trinket choice is predicated on the existence of the legendary ring, and we don't know 100% how the ring works with PC / pets, I'm going to go ahead and say UM is still an option; but we should be careful to look into it again after we are certain of how PC/pets works with it.

So, Arcane is clearly very strong on single target but now so is Frost. If you assume 10% for the total set bonus damage for Arcane to bring the pets in line, it's basically equal to the DPS Frost is doing. Fire is still significantly behind both though. So we're at Arcane = Frost >>> Fire now. The massive buffs to nearly every Frost spell do a lot to bring it up.

So, a lot changed for us from HFC. Arcane is still strong for single target, but now Frost is competitive as well. A really quick look at AoE shows Fire still king in that department, so nothing really changing there. In terms of 2 target damage, Frost > Arcane >= Fire. So we now have an interesting question - Do we go Arcane/Fire, or Frost/Fire? I'm not really sure right now. Preliminary work with the legendary ring shows that Arcane starts to beat Frost once you get it. So maybe it's worth it to just stay with Arcane/Fire for that reason.

Once 6.2 comes out I'll do a much more thorough post on the three specs, the trinkets they are using, 2 / 3 / mass AoE target breakdowns, how the set bonuses play into these aspects, and then finally wrap up things with how the legendary ring changes the way the specs play and compare. We'll also look into the stat scaling of the specs, and how the legendary ring has nice impacts on that too :)

Here are the profiles I used, kept inside the spoiler below to prevent this post from getting too large.
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

mage="Mage_Fire_T18N" level=100 race=troll role=spell position=back talents=3003322 glyphs=inferno_blast/combustion/dragons_breath spec=fire # This default action priority list is automatically created based on your character. # It is a attempt to provide you with a action list that is both simple and practicable, # while resulting in a meaningful and good simulation. It may not result in the absolutely highest possible dps. # Feel free to edit, adapt and improve it to your own needs. # SimulationCraft is always looking for updates and improvements to the default action lists. # Executed before combat begins. Accepts non-harmful actions only. actions.precombat=flask,type=greater_draenic_intellect_flask actions.precombat+=/food,type=pickled_eel actions.precombat+=/arcane_brilliance actions.precombat+=/snapshot_stats actions.precombat+=/rune_of_power actions.precombat+=/mirror_image actions.precombat+=/potion,name=draenic_intellect actions.precombat+=/pyroblast # Executed every time the actor is available. actions=stop_pyro_chain,if=prev_off_gcd.combustion actions+=/counterspell,if=target.debuff.casting.react actions+=/time_warp,if=target.health.pct<25|time>5 actions+=/call_action_list,name=movement,if=raid_event.movement.exists actions+=/rune_of_power,if=buff.rune_of_power.remains<cast_time actions+=/call_action_list,name=t17_2pc_combust,if=ptr=0&set_bonus.tier17_2pc&pyro_chain&(active_enemies>1|(talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled&cooldown.prismatic_crystal.remains>15)) actions+=/call_action_list,name=combust_sequence,if=pyro_chain actions+=/call_action_list,name=crystal_sequence,if=talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled&pet.prismatic_crystal.active actions+=/call_action_list,name=init_combust,if=!pyro_chain # Utilize level 90 active talents while avoiding pyro munching actions+=/rune_of_power,if=buff.rune_of_power.remains<action.fireball.execute_time+gcd.max&!(buff.heating_up.up&action.fireball.in_flight) actions+=/mirror_image,if=!(buff.heating_up.up&action.fireball.in_flight) actions+=/call_action_list,name=aoe,if=active_enemies>10 actions+=/call_action_list,name=single_target actions.movement=blink,if=movement.distance>10 actions.movement+=/blazing_speed,if=movement.remains>0 actions.movement+=/ice_floes,if=buff.ice_floes.down&(raid_event.movement.distance>0|raid_event.movement.in<action.fireball.cast_time) # Action list while Prismatic Crystal is up actions.crystal_sequence=choose_target,name=prismatic_crystal # Spread Combustion from PC actions.crystal_sequence+=/inferno_blast,if=dot.combustion.ticking&active_dot.combustion<active_enemies+1 # Spread Combustion on multitarget fights actions.crystal_sequence+=/inferno_blast,cycle_targets=1,if=dot.combustion.ticking&active_dot.combustion<active_enemies actions.crystal_sequence+=/blast_wave # Use pyros before PC's expiration actions.crystal_sequence+=/pyroblast,if=execute_time=gcd.max&pet.prismatic_crystal.remains<gcd.max+travel_time&pet.prismatic_crystal.remains>travel_time actions.crystal_sequence+=/call_action_list,name=single_target # Combustion sequence initialization # This sequence lists the requirements for preparing a Combustion combo with each talent choice # Meteor Combustion actions.init_combust=start_pyro_chain,if=talent.meteor.enabled&cooldown.meteor.up&((cooldown.combustion.remains<gcd.max*3&buff.pyroblast.up&(buff.heating_up.up^action.fireball.in_flight))|(buff.pyromaniac.up&(cooldown.combustion.remains<ceil(buff.pyromaniac.remains%gcd.max)*gcd.max))) # Prismatic Crystal Combustion without 2T17 actions.init_combust+=/start_pyro_chain,if=talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled&(ptr=1|!set_bonus.tier17_2pc)&cooldown.prismatic_crystal.up&((cooldown.combustion.remains<gcd.max*2&buff.pyroblast.up&(buff.heating_up.up^action.fireball.in_flight))|(buff.pyromaniac.up&(cooldown.combustion.remains<ceil(buff.pyromaniac.remains%gcd.max)*gcd.max))) # Prismatic Crystal Combustion with 2T17 actions.init_combust+=/start_pyro_chain,if=talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled&ptr=0&set_bonus.tier17_2pc&cooldown.prismatic_crystal.up&cooldown.combustion.remains<gcd.max*2&buff.pyroblast.up&(buff.heating_up.up^action.fireball.in_flight) # Unglyphed Combustions between Prismatic Crystals actions.init_combust+=/start_pyro_chain,if=talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled&!glyph.combustion.enabled&cooldown.prismatic_crystal.remains>20&((cooldown.combustion.remains<gcd.max*2&buff.pyroblast.up&buff.heating_up.up&action.fireball.in_flight)|(buff.pyromaniac.up&(cooldown.combustion.remains<ceil(buff.pyromaniac.remains%gcd.max)*gcd.max))) # Kindling or Level 90 Combustion actions.init_combust+=/start_pyro_chain,if=!talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled&!talent.meteor.enabled&((cooldown.combustion.remains<gcd.max*4&buff.pyroblast.up&buff.heating_up.up&action.fireball.in_flight)|(buff.pyromaniac.up&cooldown.combustion.remains<ceil(buff.pyromaniac.remains%gcd.max)*(gcd.max+talent.kindling.enabled))) # 2T17 two-target Combustion sequence actions.t17_2pc_combust=prismatic_crystal actions.t17_2pc_combust+=/blood_fury actions.t17_2pc_combust+=/berserking actions.t17_2pc_combust+=/arcane_torrent actions.t17_2pc_combust+=/potion,name=draenic_intellect # Second pre-combust IB actions.t17_2pc_combust+=/inferno_blast,if=prev_gcd.inferno_blast&pyro_chain_duration>gcd.max*3 # First pre-combust IB actions.t17_2pc_combust+=/inferno_blast,if=charges_fractional>=2-(gcd.max%8)&((buff.pyroblast.down&buff.pyromaniac.down)|(current_target=pet.prismatic_crystal&pet.prismatic_crystal.remains*2<gcd.max*5)) # Search for enemy with highest ignite for Combustion actions.t17_2pc_combust+=/choose_target,target_if=max:dot.ignite.tick_dmg,if=prev_gcd.inferno_blast # Failsafe: Pyroblast after double IB if ignite ticks are low actions.t17_2pc_combust+=/pyroblast,if=prev_gcd.inferno_blast&execute_time=gcd.max&dot.ignite.tick_dmg*(6-ceil(dot.ignite.remains-travel_time))*100<hit_damage*(100+crit_pct_current)*mastery_value # Combustion; Will only trigger post double IB actions.t17_2pc_combust+=/combustion,if=prev_gcd.inferno_blast&pyro_chain_duration>gcd.max actions.t17_2pc_combust+=/combustion,if=prev_gcd.pyroblast&action.inferno_blast.charges=0&pyro_chain_duration>gcd.max actions.t17_2pc_combust+=/meteor,if=active_enemies<=2&prev_gcd.pyroblast actions.t17_2pc_combust+=/pyroblast,if=buff.pyroblast.up&buff.heating_up.up&action.fireball.in_flight # Initial Fireball actions.t17_2pc_combust+=/fireball,if=!dot.ignite.ticking&!in_flight actions.t17_2pc_combust+=/pyroblast,if=set_bonus.tier17_4pc&buff.pyromaniac.up # Conditional second Fireball actions.t17_2pc_combust+=/fireball,if=buff.pyroblast.up&buff.heating_up.down&dot.ignite.tick_dmg*100*(execute_time+travel_time)<hit_damage*(100+crit_pct_current)*mastery_value&(!current_target=pet.prismatic_crystal|pet.prismatic_crystal.remains>6) # Pyroblast trigger due to Prismatic Crystal's limited duration actions.t17_2pc_combust+=/pyroblast,if=current_target=pet.prismatic_crystal&pet.prismatic_crystal.remains<gcd.max*4&execute_time=gcd.max # Final Pyroblast spam before double IB actions.t17_2pc_combust+=/pyroblast,if=buff.pyroblast.up&action.inferno_blast.charges_fractional>=2-(gcd.max%4)&(current_target!=pet.prismatic_crystal|pet.prismatic_crystal.remains<8)&prev_gcd.pyroblast # Failsafe: use IB before combusting anyway if double non-crit happens early actions.t17_2pc_combust+=/inferno_blast,if=buff.pyroblast.down&buff.heating_up.down&prev_gcd.pyroblast actions.t17_2pc_combust+=/fireball # Combustion Sequence actions.combust_sequence=prismatic_crystal actions.combust_sequence+=/blood_fury actions.combust_sequence+=/berserking actions.combust_sequence+=/arcane_torrent actions.combust_sequence+=/potion,name=draenic_intellect actions.combust_sequence+=/meteor,if=active_enemies<=2 actions.combust_sequence+=/pyroblast,if=set_bonus.tier17_4pc&buff.pyromaniac.up actions.combust_sequence+=/inferno_blast,if=set_bonus.tier16_4pc_caster&(buff.pyroblast.up^buff.heating_up.up) actions.combust_sequence+=/fireball,if=!dot.ignite.ticking&!in_flight actions.combust_sequence+=/pyroblast,if=buff.pyroblast.up&dot.ignite.tick_dmg*(6-ceil(dot.ignite.remains-travel_time))<crit_damage*mastery_value # Meteor Combustions can run out of Pyro procs before impact. Use IB to delay Combustion actions.combust_sequence+=/inferno_blast,if=talent.meteor.enabled&cooldown.meteor.duration-cooldown.meteor.remains<gcd.max*3 actions.combust_sequence+=/inferno_blast,if=dot.ignite.tick_dmg*(6-dot.ignite.ticks_remain)<crit_damage*mastery_value actions.combust_sequence+=/combustion # Active talents usage actions.active_talents=meteor,if=active_enemies>=3|(glyph.combustion.enabled&(!talent.incanters_flow.enabled|buff.incanters_flow.stack+incanters_flow_dir>=4)&cooldown.meteor.duration-cooldown.combustion.remains<10) actions.active_talents+=/call_action_list,name=living_bomb,if=talent.living_bomb.enabled&(active_enemies>1|raid_event.adds.in<10) actions.active_talents+=/blast_wave,if=(!talent.incanters_flow.enabled|buff.incanters_flow.stack>=4)&(target.time_to_die<10|!talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled|(charges>=1&cooldown.prismatic_crystal.remains>recharge_time)) # Living Bomb application actions.living_bomb=inferno_blast,cycle_targets=1,if=dot.living_bomb.ticking&active_enemies-active_dot.living_bomb>1 actions.living_bomb+=/living_bomb,if=target!=pet.prismatic_crystal&(((!talent.incanters_flow.enabled|incanters_flow_dir<0|buff.incanters_flow.stack=5)&remains<3.6)|((incanters_flow_dir>0|buff.incanters_flow.stack=1)&remains<gcd.max))&target.time_to_die>remains+12 # AoE sequence actions.aoe=inferno_blast,cycle_targets=1,if=(dot.combustion.ticking&active_dot.combustion<active_enemies)|(dot.pyroblast.ticking&active_dot.pyroblast<active_enemies) actions.aoe+=/call_action_list,name=active_talents actions.aoe+=/pyroblast,if=buff.pyroblast.react|buff.pyromaniac.react actions.aoe+=/cold_snap,if=glyph.dragons_breath.enabled&!cooldown.dragons_breath.up actions.aoe+=/dragons_breath,if=glyph.dragons_breath.enabled actions.aoe+=/flamestrike,if=mana.pct>10&remains<2.4 # Single target sequence actions.single_target=inferno_blast,if=dot.combustion.ticking&active_dot.combustion<active_enemies # Use Pyro procs before they run out actions.single_target+=/pyroblast,if=buff.pyroblast.up&buff.pyroblast.remains<action.fireball.execute_time actions.single_target+=/pyroblast,if=set_bonus.tier16_2pc_caster&buff.pyroblast.up&buff.potent_flames.up&buff.potent_flames.remains<gcd.max actions.single_target+=/pyroblast,if=set_bonus.tier17_4pc&buff.pyromaniac.react # Pyro camp during regular sequence; Do not use Pyro procs without HU and first using fireball actions.single_target+=/pyroblast,if=buff.pyroblast.up&buff.heating_up.up&action.fireball.in_flight # Aggressively use Pyro with 2T17 and IB available actions.single_target+=/pyroblast,if=ptr=0&set_bonus.tier17_2pc&buff.pyroblast.up&cooldown.combustion.remains>8&action.inferno_blast.charges_fractional>1-(gcd.max%8) # Heating Up conversion to Pyroblast actions.single_target+=/inferno_blast,if=(cooldown.combustion.remains%8+charges_fractional>=2|ptr=1|!set_bonus.tier17_2pc|!(active_enemies>1|talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled))&buff.pyroblast.down&buff.heating_up.up&!(dot.living_bomb.remains>10&active_enemies>1) actions.single_target+=/call_action_list,name=active_talents # Adding Heating Up to Pyroblast actions.single_target+=/inferno_blast,if=(cooldown.combustion.remains%8+charges_fractional>=2|ptr=1|!set_bonus.tier17_2pc|!(active_enemies>1|talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled))&buff.pyroblast.up&buff.heating_up.down&!action.fireball.in_flight&!(dot.living_bomb.remains>10&active_enemies>1) # Aggressively use IB with 2T17 actions.single_target+=/inferno_blast,if=ptr=0&set_bonus.tier17_2pc&(cooldown.combustion.remains%8+charges_fractional>2|!set_bonus.tier17_2pc|!(active_enemies>1|talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled))&charges_fractional>2-(gcd.max%8)&!(dot.living_bomb.remains>10&active_enemies>1) actions.single_target+=/fireball actions.single_target+=/scorch,moving=1 head=cowl_of_the_arcanic_conclave,id=124160 neck=vial_of_immiscible_liquid,id=124212,enchant=gift_of_critical_strike shoulders=mantle_of_the_arcanic_conclave,id=124177 back=cloak_of_hideous_unity,id=124138,enchant=gift_of_critical_strike chest=raiment_of_divine_clarity,id=124170 wrists=contemptuous_wristguards,id=124186 hands=gloves_of_the_arcanic_conclave,id=124154 waist=demonbuckle_sash_of_argus,id=124200 legs=pantaloons_of_the_arcanic_conclave,id=124165 feet=bloody_daggerheeled_pumps,id=124149 finger1=seal_of_the_traitorous_councilor,id=124191,enchant=gift_of_critical_strike finger2=spellbound_runic_band_of_the_allseeing_eye,id=118306,enchant=gift_of_critical_strike trinket1=,id=124229 trinket2=iron_reaver_piston,id=124227 main_hand=edict_of_argus,id=124382,enchant=mark_of_the_thunderlord # Gear Summary # gear_ilvl=697.00 # gear_stamina=4692 # gear_intellect=3770 # gear_spell_power=1925 # gear_crit_rating=1934 # gear_haste_rating=1099 # gear_mastery_rating=1158 # gear_armor=883 # gear_multistrike_rating=736 # gear_versatility_rating=220 # set_bonus=tier18_2pc=1 # set_bonus=tier18_4pc=1

mage="Mage_Frost_T18N" level=100 race=dwarf role=spell position=back talents=3003122 glyphs=icy_veins/splitting_ice/cone_of_cold spec=frost # This default action priority list is automatically created based on your character. # It is a attempt to provide you with a action list that is both simple and practicable, # while resulting in a meaningful and good simulation. It may not result in the absolutely highest possible dps. # Feel free to edit, adapt and improve it to your own needs. # SimulationCraft is always looking for updates and improvements to the default action lists. # Executed before combat begins. Accepts non-harmful actions only. actions.precombat=flask,type=greater_draenic_intellect_flask actions.precombat+=/food,type=salty_squid_roll actions.precombat+=/arcane_brilliance actions.precombat+=/water_elemental actions.precombat+=/snapshot_stats actions.precombat+=/rune_of_power actions.precombat+=/mirror_image actions.precombat+=/potion,name=draenic_intellect actions.precombat+=/frostbolt,if=!talent.frost_bomb.enabled actions.precombat+=/frost_bomb # Executed every time the actor is available. actions=counterspell,if=target.debuff.casting.react actions+=/time_warp,if=target.health.pct<25|time>5 actions+=/call_action_list,name=movement,if=raid_event.movement.exists actions+=/call_action_list,name=water_jet,if=prev_off_gcd.water_jet|debuff.water_jet.remains>0 actions+=/mirror_image actions+=/rune_of_power,if=buff.rune_of_power.remains<cast_time actions+=/rune_of_power,if=(cooldown.icy_veins.remains<gcd.max&buff.rune_of_power.remains<20)|(cooldown.prismatic_crystal.remains<gcd.max&buff.rune_of_power.remains<10) actions+=/call_action_list,name=cooldowns,if=target.time_to_die<24 # Water jet on pull for non IN+PC talent combos actions+=/water_jet,if=time<1&active_enemies<4&!(talent.ice_nova.enabled&talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled) actions+=/call_action_list,name=crystal_sequence,if=talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled&(cooldown.prismatic_crystal.remains<=gcd.max|pet.prismatic_crystal.active) actions+=/call_action_list,name=aoe,if=active_enemies>=4 actions+=/call_action_list,name=single_target actions.movement=blink,if=movement.distance>10 actions.movement+=/blazing_speed,if=movement.remains>0 actions.movement+=/ice_floes,if=buff.ice_floes.down&(raid_event.movement.distance>0|raid_event.movement.in<action.frostbolt.cast_time) # Actions while Prismatic Crystal is active actions.crystal_sequence=frost_bomb,if=active_enemies=1&current_target!=pet.prismatic_crystal&remains<10 actions.crystal_sequence+=/prismatic_crystal actions.crystal_sequence+=/frozen_orb actions.crystal_sequence+=/call_action_list,name=cooldowns actions.crystal_sequence+=/frost_bomb,if=talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled&current_target=pet.prismatic_crystal&active_enemies>1&!ticking actions.crystal_sequence+=/ice_lance,if=buff.fingers_of_frost.react>=2+set_bonus.tier18_4pc*2|(buff.fingers_of_frost.react>set_bonus.tier18_4pc*2&active_dot.frozen_orb>=1) actions.crystal_sequence+=/ice_nova,if=charges=2|pet.prismatic_crystal.remains<gcd.max actions.crystal_sequence+=/ice_lance,if=buff.fingers_of_frost.react actions.crystal_sequence+=/frostfire_bolt,if=buff.brain_freeze.react actions.crystal_sequence+=/ice_nova actions.crystal_sequence+=/blizzard,interrupt_if=cooldown.frozen_orb.up|(talent.frost_bomb.enabled&buff.fingers_of_frost.react>=2+set_bonus.tier18_4pc),if=active_enemies>=5 actions.crystal_sequence+=/choose_target,if=pet.prismatic_crystal.remains<action.frostbolt.cast_time+action.frostbolt.travel_time actions.crystal_sequence+=/frostbolt # Consolidated damage cooldown abilities actions.cooldowns=icy_veins actions.cooldowns+=/blood_fury actions.cooldowns+=/berserking actions.cooldowns+=/arcane_torrent actions.cooldowns+=/potion,name=draenic_intellect,if=buff.bloodlust.up|buff.icy_veins.up # Water Jet initialization actions.init_water_jet=frost_bomb,if=remains<4*spell_haste*(1+set_bonus.tier18_4pc)+cast_time actions.init_water_jet+=/ice_lance,if=buff.fingers_of_frost.react&pet.water_elemental.cooldown.water_jet.up actions.init_water_jet+=/water_jet,if=prev_gcd.frostbolt|action.frostbolt.travel_time<spell_haste actions.init_water_jet+=/frostbolt # Water Jet sequence actions.water_jet=frostbolt,if=prev_off_gcd.water_jet actions.water_jet+=/frostfire_bolt,if=buff.brain_freeze.react=2 actions.water_jet+=/ice_lance,if=buff.fingers_of_frost.react>=2+2*set_bonus.tier18_4pc&action.frostbolt.in_flight actions.water_jet+=/frostbolt,if=debuff.water_jet.remains>cast_time+travel_time # AoE sequence actions.aoe=call_action_list,name=cooldowns actions.aoe+=/frost_bomb,if=remains<action.ice_lance.travel_time&(cooldown.frozen_orb.remains<gcd.max|buff.fingers_of_frost.react>=2) actions.aoe+=/frozen_orb actions.aoe+=/ice_lance,if=talent.frost_bomb.enabled&buff.fingers_of_frost.react&debuff.frost_bomb.up actions.aoe+=/comet_storm actions.aoe+=/ice_nova actions.aoe+=/blizzard,interrupt_if=cooldown.frozen_orb.up|(talent.frost_bomb.enabled&buff.fingers_of_frost.react>=2) # Single target sequence actions.single_target=call_action_list,name=cooldowns,if=!talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled|cooldown.prismatic_crystal.remains>15 # Safeguards against losing FoF and BF to buff expiry actions.single_target+=/ice_lance,if=buff.fingers_of_frost.react&(buff.fingers_of_frost.remains<action.frostbolt.execute_time|buff.fingers_of_frost.remains<buff.fingers_of_frost.react*gcd.max) actions.single_target+=/frostfire_bolt,if=buff.brain_freeze.react&(buff.brain_freeze.remains<action.frostbolt.execute_time|buff.brain_freeze.remains<buff.brain_freeze.react*gcd.max) # Frozen Orb usage without Prismatic Crystal actions.single_target+=/frost_bomb,if=!talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled&cooldown.frozen_orb.remains<gcd.max&debuff.frost_bomb.remains<10 actions.single_target+=/frozen_orb,if=!talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled&buff.fingers_of_frost.stack<2&cooldown.icy_veins.remains>45 # Single target routine; Rough summary: IN2 > FoF2 > CmS > IN > BF > FoF actions.single_target+=/frost_bomb,if=remains<action.ice_lance.travel_time&(buff.fingers_of_frost.react>=2+set_bonus.tier18_4pc*2|(buff.fingers_of_frost.react&(talent.thermal_void.enabled|buff.fingers_of_frost.remains<gcd.max*(buff.fingers_of_frost.react+1)))) actions.single_target+=/ice_nova,if=target.time_to_die<10|(charges=2&(!talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled|!cooldown.prismatic_crystal.up)) actions.single_target+=/frostbolt,if=t18_class_trinket&buff.fingers_of_frost.react>=2+set_bonus.tier18_4pc*2&!in_flight actions.single_target+=/ice_lance,if=buff.fingers_of_frost.react>=2+set_bonus.tier18_4pc*2|(buff.fingers_of_frost.react>1+set_bonus.tier18_4pc&dot.frozen_orb.ticking) actions.single_target+=/comet_storm actions.single_target+=/ice_nova,if=(!talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled|(charges=1&cooldown.prismatic_crystal.remains>recharge_time&(buff.incanters_flow.stack>3|!talent.ice_nova.enabled)))&(buff.icy_veins.up|(charges=1&cooldown.icy_veins.remains>recharge_time)) actions.single_target+=/frostfire_bolt,if=buff.brain_freeze.react actions.single_target+=/frostbolt,if=t18_class_trinket&buff.fingers_of_frost.react&!in_flight actions.single_target+=/ice_lance,if=talent.frost_bomb.enabled&buff.fingers_of_frost.react&debuff.frost_bomb.remains>travel_time&(!talent.thermal_void.enabled|cooldown.icy_veins.remains>8) # Camp procs and spam Frostbolt while 4T17 buff is up actions.single_target+=/frostbolt,if=set_bonus.tier17_2pc&buff.ice_shard.up&!(talent.thermal_void.enabled&buff.icy_veins.up&buff.icy_veins.remains<10) actions.single_target+=/call_action_list,name=init_water_jet,if=pet.water_elemental.cooldown.water_jet.remains<=gcd.max*(buff.fingers_of_frost.react+talent.frost_bomb.enabled)&!dot.frozen_orb.ticking actions.single_target+=/ice_lance,if=!talent.frost_bomb.enabled&buff.fingers_of_frost.react&(!talent.thermal_void.enabled|cooldown.icy_veins.remains>8) actions.single_target+=/frostbolt actions.single_target+=/ice_lance,moving=1 head=countenance_of_the_revenant,id=124158 neck=choker_of_forbidden_indulgence,id=124391,enchant=gift_of_multistrike shoulders=mantle_of_the_arcanic_conclave,id=124177 back=cloak_of_hideous_unity,id=124138,enchant=gift_of_multistrike chest=robe_of_the_arcanic_conclave,id=124171 wrists=powdersinged_bracers,id=124183 hands=gloves_of_the_arcanic_conclave,id=124154 waist=demonbuckle_sash_of_argus,id=124200 legs=pantaloons_of_the_arcanic_conclave,id=124165 feet=bloody_daggerheeled_pumps,id=124149 finger1=loathful_encrusted_band,id=124192,enchant=gift_of_multistrike finger2=spellbound_runic_band_of_the_allseeing_eye,id=118306,enchant=gift_of_multistrike trinket1=iron_reaver_piston,id=124227 trinket2=prophecy_of_fear,id=124230 main_hand=edict_of_argus,id=124382,enchant=mark_of_the_frostwolf # Gear Summary # gear_ilvl=699.00 # gear_stamina=4689 # gear_intellect=3901 # gear_spell_power=1925 # gear_crit_rating=494 # gear_haste_rating=1198 # gear_mastery_rating=1030 # gear_armor=883 # gear_multistrike_rating=1481 # gear_versatility_rating=220 # set_bonus=tier18_2pc=1 # set_bonus=tier18_4pc=1

mage="Mage_Arcane_T18N" level=100 race=gnome role=spell position=back talents=3003322 glyphs=cone_of_cold spec=arcane # This default action priority list is automatically created based on your character. # It is a attempt to provide you with a action list that is both simple and practicable, # while resulting in a meaningful and good simulation. It may not result in the absolutely highest possible dps. # Feel free to edit, adapt and improve it to your own needs. # SimulationCraft is always looking for updates and improvements to the default action lists. # Executed before combat begins. Accepts non-harmful actions only. actions.precombat=flask,type=greater_draenic_intellect_flask actions.precombat+=/food,type=sleeper_sushi actions.precombat+=/arcane_brilliance actions.precombat+=/snapshot_stats actions.precombat+=/rune_of_power actions.precombat+=/mirror_image actions.precombat+=/potion,name=draenic_intellect actions.precombat+=/arcane_blast # Executed every time the actor is available. actions=counterspell,if=target.debuff.casting.react actions+=/stop_burn_phase,if=prev_gcd.evocation&burn_phase_duration>gcd.max actions+=/cold_snap,if=health.pct<30 actions+=/time_warp,if=target.health.pct<25|time>5 actions+=/call_action_list,name=movement,if=raid_event.movement.exists actions+=/rune_of_power,if=buff.rune_of_power.remains<2*spell_haste actions+=/mirror_image actions+=/cold_snap,if=buff.presence_of_mind.down&cooldown.presence_of_mind.remains>75 actions+=/call_action_list,name=aoe,if=active_enemies>=5 actions+=/call_action_list,name=init_burn,if=!burn_phase actions+=/call_action_list,name=burn,if=burn_phase actions+=/call_action_list,name=conserve actions.movement=blink,if=movement.distance>10 actions.movement+=/blazing_speed,if=movement.remains>0 actions.movement+=/ice_floes,if=buff.ice_floes.down&(raid_event.movement.distance>0|raid_event.movement.in<2*spell_haste) # Regular burn with evocation actions.init_burn=start_burn_phase,if=buff.arcane_charge.stack>=4&(cooldown.prismatic_crystal.up|!talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled)&(cooldown.arcane_power.up|(glyph.arcane_power.enabled&cooldown.arcane_power.remains>60))&(cooldown.evocation.remains-2*buff.arcane_missiles.stack*spell_haste-gcd.max*talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled)*0.75*(1-0.1*(cooldown.arcane_power.remains<5))*(1-0.1*(talent.nether_tempest.enabled|talent.supernova.enabled))*(10%action.arcane_blast.execute_time)<mana.pct-20-2.5*active_enemies*(9-active_enemies)+(cooldown.evocation.remains*1.8%spell_haste) # End of fight burn actions.init_burn+=/start_burn_phase,if=target.time_to_die*0.75*(1-0.1*(talent.nether_tempest.enabled|talent.supernova.enabled))*(10%action.arcane_blast.execute_time)*1.1<mana.pct-10+(target.time_to_die*1.8%spell_haste) # Conditions for initiating Prismatic Crystal actions.init_crystal=call_action_list,name=conserve,if=buff.arcane_charge.stack<4 actions.init_crystal+=/prismatic_crystal # Actions while Prismatic Crystal is active actions.crystal_sequence=call_action_list,name=cooldowns actions.crystal_sequence+=/nether_tempest,if=buff.arcane_charge.stack=4&!ticking&pet.prismatic_crystal.remains>8 actions.crystal_sequence+=/supernova,if=mana.pct<96 actions.crystal_sequence+=/presence_of_mind,if=cooldown.cold_snap.up|pet.prismatic_crystal.remains<2*spell_haste actions.crystal_sequence+=/arcane_blast,if=buff.arcane_charge.stack=4&mana.pct>93&pet.prismatic_crystal.remains>cast_time actions.crystal_sequence+=/arcane_missiles,if=pet.prismatic_crystal.remains>2*spell_haste+travel_time actions.crystal_sequence+=/supernova,if=pet.prismatic_crystal.remains<2*spell_haste actions.crystal_sequence+=/choose_target,if=pet.prismatic_crystal.remains<action.arcane_blast.cast_time&buff.presence_of_mind.down actions.crystal_sequence+=/arcane_blast # Consolidated damage cooldown abilities actions.cooldowns=arcane_power actions.cooldowns+=/blood_fury actions.cooldowns+=/berserking actions.cooldowns+=/arcane_torrent actions.cooldowns+=/potion,name=draenic_intellect,if=buff.arcane_power.up&(!talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled|pet.prismatic_crystal.active) # AoE sequence actions.aoe=call_action_list,name=cooldowns actions.aoe+=/nether_tempest,cycle_targets=1,if=buff.arcane_charge.stack=4&(active_dot.nether_tempest=0|(ticking&remains<3.6)) actions.aoe+=/supernova actions.aoe+=/arcane_orb,if=buff.arcane_charge.stack<4 # APL hack for evocation interrupt actions.aoe+=/arcane_explosion,if=prev_gcd.evocation actions.aoe+=/evocation,interrupt_if=mana.pct>96,if=mana.pct<85-2.5*buff.arcane_charge.stack actions.aoe+=/arcane_missiles,if=set_bonus.tier17_4pc&active_enemies<10&buff.arcane_charge.stack=4&buff.arcane_instability.react actions.aoe+=/nether_tempest,cycle_targets=1,if=talent.arcane_orb.enabled&buff.arcane_charge.stack=4&ticking&remains<cooldown.arcane_orb.remains actions.aoe+=/arcane_barrage,if=buff.arcane_charge.stack=4 actions.aoe+=/cone_of_cold,if=glyph.cone_of_cold.enabled actions.aoe+=/arcane_explosion # High mana usage, "Burn" sequence actions.burn=call_action_list,name=init_crystal,if=talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled&cooldown.prismatic_crystal.up actions.burn+=/call_action_list,name=crystal_sequence,if=talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled&pet.prismatic_crystal.active actions.burn+=/call_action_list,name=cooldowns actions.burn+=/arcane_missiles,if=buff.arcane_missiles.react=3 actions.burn+=/arcane_missiles,if=set_bonus.tier17_4pc&buff.arcane_instability.react&buff.arcane_instability.remains<action.arcane_blast.execute_time actions.burn+=/supernova,if=target.time_to_die<8|charges=2 actions.burn+=/nether_tempest,cycle_targets=1,if=target!=pet.prismatic_crystal&buff.arcane_charge.stack=4&(active_dot.nether_tempest=0|(ticking&remains<3.6)) actions.burn+=/arcane_orb,if=buff.arcane_charge.stack<4 actions.burn+=/arcane_barrage,if=talent.arcane_orb.enabled&active_enemies>=3&buff.arcane_charge.stack=4&(cooldown.arcane_orb.remains<gcd.max|prev_gcd.arcane_orb) actions.burn+=/presence_of_mind,if=mana.pct>96&(!talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled|!cooldown.prismatic_crystal.up) actions.burn+=/arcane_blast,if=buff.arcane_charge.stack=4&mana.pct>93 actions.burn+=/arcane_missiles,if=buff.arcane_charge.stack=4&(mana.pct>70|!cooldown.evocation.up|target.time_to_die<15) actions.burn+=/supernova,if=mana.pct>70&mana.pct<96 actions.burn+=/evocation,interrupt_if=mana.pct>100-10%spell_haste,if=target.time_to_die>10&mana.pct<30+2.5*active_enemies*(9-active_enemies)-(40*(t18_class_trinket&buff.arcane_power.up)) actions.burn+=/presence_of_mind,if=!talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled|!cooldown.prismatic_crystal.up actions.burn+=/arcane_blast actions.burn+=/evocation # Low mana usage, "Conserve" sequence actions.conserve=call_action_list,name=cooldowns,if=target.time_to_die<15 actions.conserve+=/arcane_missiles,if=buff.arcane_missiles.react=3|(talent.overpowered.enabled&buff.arcane_power.up&buff.arcane_power.remains<action.arcane_blast.execute_time) actions.conserve+=/arcane_missiles,if=set_bonus.tier17_4pc&buff.arcane_instability.react&buff.arcane_instability.remains<action.arcane_blast.execute_time actions.conserve+=/nether_tempest,cycle_targets=1,if=target!=pet.prismatic_crystal&buff.arcane_charge.stack=4&(active_dot.nether_tempest=0|(ticking&remains<3.6)) actions.conserve+=/supernova,if=target.time_to_die<8|(charges=2&(buff.arcane_power.up|!cooldown.arcane_power.up)&(!talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled|cooldown.prismatic_crystal.remains>8)) actions.conserve+=/arcane_orb,if=buff.arcane_charge.stack<2 actions.conserve+=/presence_of_mind,if=mana.pct>96&(!talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled|!cooldown.prismatic_crystal.up) actions.conserve+=/arcane_blast,if=buff.arcane_charge.stack=4&mana.pct>93 actions.conserve+=/arcane_barrage,if=talent.arcane_orb.enabled&active_enemies>=3&buff.arcane_charge.stack=4&(cooldown.arcane_orb.remains<gcd.max|prev_gcd.arcane_orb) actions.conserve+=/arcane_missiles,if=buff.arcane_charge.stack=4&(!talent.overpowered.enabled|cooldown.arcane_power.remains>10*spell_haste) actions.conserve+=/supernova,if=mana.pct<96&(buff.arcane_missiles.stack<2|buff.arcane_charge.stack=4)&(buff.arcane_power.up|(charges=1&cooldown.arcane_power.remains>recharge_time))&(!talent.prismatic_crystal.enabled|current_target=pet.prismatic_crystal|(charges=1&cooldown.prismatic_crystal.remains>recharge_time+8)) actions.conserve+=/nether_tempest,cycle_targets=1,if=target!=pet.prismatic_crystal&buff.arcane_charge.stack=4&(active_dot.nether_tempest=0|(ticking&remains<(10-3*talent.arcane_orb.enabled)*spell_haste)) actions.conserve+=/arcane_barrage,if=buff.arcane_charge.stack=4 actions.conserve+=/presence_of_mind,if=buff.arcane_charge.stack<2&mana.pct>93 actions.conserve+=/arcane_blast actions.conserve+=/arcane_barrage head=demon_princes_ascendant_crown,id=124159 neck=vial_of_immiscible_liquid,id=124212,enchant=gift_of_mastery shoulders=mantle_of_the_arcanic_conclave,id=124177 back=cloak_of_hideous_unity,id=124138,enchant=gift_of_mastery chest=robe_of_the_arcanic_conclave,id=124171 wrists=contemptuous_wristguards,id=124186 hands=gloves_of_the_arcanic_conclave,id=124154 waist=sash_of_unending_anguish,id=124181 legs=pantaloons_of_the_arcanic_conclave,id=124165 feet=bloody_daggerheeled_pumps,id=124149 finger1=loathful_encrusted_band,id=124192,enchant=gift_of_mastery finger2=spellbound_runic_band_of_the_allseeing_eye,id=118306,enchant=gift_of_mastery trinket1=prophecy_of_fear,id=124230 trinket2=iron_reaver_piston,id=124227 main_hand=edict_of_argus,id=124382,enchant=mark_of_bleeding_hollow # Gear Summary # gear_ilvl=700.67 # gear_stamina=4733 # gear_intellect=3550 # gear_spell_power=1925 # gear_crit_rating=851 # gear_haste_rating=974 # gear_mastery_rating=1881 # gear_armor=889 # gear_multistrike_rating=536 # gear_versatility_rating=220 # set_bonus=tier18_2pc=1 # set_bonus=tier18_4pc=1
Last edited by Frosted on Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Killget

Unread postby Killget Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:37 am

Great Post as always Frosted,

I thought it was looking that way, Staying Arcane/Fire on the most part. From looking at the Stats on the Frost Sim, guessing Mastery didnt sneak over Multistrike as BiS stat, it was wishful thinking but having 3 stats with the same stat BiS would be a little odd.

At the start of HFC, Frost/Fire may be the best when 100% knowledge of each fight is not yet certain. HC/Mythic switching to Arcane/Fire when getting some T18/Archi trinket.

But having Frost Competitive is really advantageous as mythic progress on a cleave fight could mean a switch to Frost to take full advantage of our full kit.

Couple questions:

Does the Fire damage from The Fire T182PC add to ignite damage?

In regards to Unstable Magic, how close wil lthat be to Frost bomb for frost, With the 2PC buffing FFb damage etc, UM seems like it could be strong there aswell
Boning

Unread postby Boning Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:12 pm

What was your source on 2p heroes damage? On PTR dummy dps, the npcs do roughly 10% of my damage combined. Arthas hits relatively hard, Jaina's frostbolt hits for about a half of Arthas' hits and Sylvannas and Tyrande hit for almost nothing at all.
blackd89

Unread postby blackd89 Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:20 pm

Since there is sucha big difference in term of dps between arcane and other 2 specs on single target, after getting 4pc, we could expect a nerf to arcane's bonus?
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:28 pm

Great Post as always Frosted,

I thought it was looking that way, Staying Arcane/Fire on the most part. From looking at the Stats on the Frost Sim, guessing Mastery didnt sneak over Multistrike as BiS stat, it was wishful thinking but having 3 stats with the same stat BiS would be a little odd.

At the start of HFC, Frost/Fire may be the best when 100% knowledge of each fight is not yet certain. HC/Mythic switching to Arcane/Fire when getting some T18/Archi trinket.

But having Frost Competitive is really advantageous as mythic progress on a cleave fight could mean a switch to Frost to take full advantage of our full kit.

Couple questions:

Does the Fire damage from The Fire T182PC add to ignite damage?

In regards to Unstable Magic, how close wil lthat be to Frost bomb for frost, With the 2PC buffing FFb damage etc, UM seems like it could be strong there aswell
Thanks!

Yeah, I'm throwing around the idea of Frost on tyrant I think? I'm pretty sure that is just a 2 target fight for nearly the entire thing. So for mythic progression it might be worth to pick up.

No, the phoenix from the T18 2pc does not add to ignite.

With set bonuses

58013 50.1% UM_ROP_PC 57796 49.9% Mage_Frost_T18N
Without set bonuses:

54537 50.1% Mage_Frost_T18N 54281 49.9% UM_ROP_PC
Apparently it's better! By a few hundred DPS (which is quite small at this point). But still, better after we get set bonuses. Suppose I need to update the default profiles now. It's worth noting that for the mythic profile (which is using the legendary) Fbomb is still strongest.
What was your source on 2p heroes damage? On PTR dummy dps, the npcs do roughly 10% of my damage combined. Arthas hits relatively hard, Jaina's frostbolt hits for about a half of Arthas' hits and Sylvannas and Tyrande hit for almost nothing at all.
PTR testing and raw combat logs will give you the SP/AP inheritance of the pets, and any hidden pet modifiers you need to model their damage in SimC.
Since there is sucha big difference in term of dps between arcane and other 2 specs on single target, after getting 4pc, we could expect a nerf to arcane's bonus?
You can almost certainly expect a nerf to the 2pc (the pets). Gaining 20% DPS from one set bonus is beyond any realm of sanity.
Last edited by Frosted on Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Caimion

Unread postby Caimion Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:45 pm

4) This doesn't have the current bug with Arcane mastery no longer effecting trinket damage.
If this is not a bug and in fact intentional, what's the order of magnitude of the impact? I'm guessing they would have to reset Arcane's RPPM back to everyone else's, but I'm assuming that even if they do that it's still a nerf?

Return to “General Discussion”