[Discussion] Patch 6.2 PTR

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
Frosted

Re: [Discussion] Patch 6.2 PTR

Unread postby Frosted Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:37 pm

Warsong is always better than bleeding hollow, even for the mythic profile (took out the legendary from it). The enchants are pretty much always haste enchants, even in BiS.
That seems odd to me, at least from a usable standpoint. I thought the lion's share of the value of haste comes from the boost heroes get at breakpoints.

So relying on a proc to benefit a proc of a proc, seems a bit off. While I get more casts means more procs, the fact there are breakpoints means static haste giving a bonus attack is what gives it the extra oomph.

Or does the
The breakpoint add significant value to haste around 20%, but if you follow the reforge plots there is still a trend of increasing DPS beyond that for around 1k-1.1k haste, or around 30%, before haste starts to be a DPS loss vs. mastery.

There is also the confounding factor of pet delay. Pet delay removes some of the strength of the breakpoint and distributes it into the haste ratings beyond it (because more haste seems to reduce pet delay). So having haste beyond the breakpoint is a DPS gain in that regard too.

In regards to your "proc benefiting a proc" thing, the sim models both procs accurately, and so the results clearly show that the additional haste, even though it's a proc, results in an increase in pets/petuptime to be worth to DPS that the mastery enchant would afford. Mastery does nothing for the pets; so any time they are up with the mastery enchant, it has lost value vs. the potential bonus attacking during the haste proc, and the potential extra pet summons.
Searix

Re: [PTR] 6.2 PTR Tier and Trinket Testing

Unread postby Searix Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:32 am

If Arthas is intended to do more damage, it's then gonna be a dps increase to stand in melee, (or at least as close as possible) as it reduces his downtime. IMO Arthas should do comparable damage to the rest of them, and should just spawn at the targets location, instead of next to you.
saw this from one of the earlier posts, have we modeled the dps difference of standing in melee vs. ranged, so melee heroes dont have to run the extra distance?
Last edited by Searix on Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Imnick

Unread postby Imnick Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:33 am

No because they now spawn in melee range.
Searix

Unread postby Searix Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:34 am

No because they now spawn in melee range.
ah, thanks
Andru

Unread postby Andru Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:07 am

Doom nova trinket nerfed for frost. Not sure what they did, either fixed the icicle part or just nerfed it.
Shyrel

Unread postby Shyrel Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:53 pm

Greetings to all mages out there :) First of all - thanks for the great work!

I just tried to read every page and I've read so many different things. I got a few questions, can someone say in short words:

#1 - Which specc is going to be the best for ST / MT ?
#2 - Which stats priority for Arcane / Frost / Fire ? Any cap% ?
#3 - Has the opener changed for any of these speccs? (this sounds like a dumb question, but some people i met have talked about this..)

I know that you probably hear these questions a lot.. I would be very grateful for answering it since tomorrow is release :)

So far,
Shyrel
Imnick

Unread postby Imnick Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:01 pm

Greetings to all mages out there :) First of all - thanks for the great work!

I just tried to read every page and I've read so many different things. I got a few questions, can someone say in short words:

#1 - Which specc is going to be the best for ST / MT ?
#2 - Which stats priority for Arcane / Frost / Fire ? Any cap% ?
#3 - Has the opener changed for any of these speccs? (this sounds like a dumb question, but some people i met have talked about this..)

I know that you probably hear these questions a lot.. I would be very grateful for answering it since tomorrow is release :)

So far,
Shyrel
Try reading this thread: http://altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1663" target="_blank
Shyrel

Unread postby Shyrel Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:05 pm

Thank you Imnick, this helps a lot. <3
Berlinia

Unread postby Berlinia Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:20 pm

(First of all sorry for any mistakes, english isn't my native language)

So I've found this loot comparison spreadsheets for warlocks. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =871207953
I was wondering if I could use that spreadsheet for my mage after modifying the stats priority. Would it work or is there a better alternative since I'm still confused about the top stats vs higher itemlevel items.
This is very similar to what Berlina and I did at the start of 6.0 (now long out of date). One thing I have noticed with their calculation is they are not taking into account the spec attainment. E.g. Crit is increased for Fire Mages by 15%.
You guys should update that gear sheet!
Hah...hahahah ok...

Return to “General Discussion”