https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/usercalendar/16646" target="_blank - some of the logs for it here (nothing interesting, just data)
I gathered around 350 fel_lash (named felmouth_frenzy_damage in simc) impacs at 5 spellpower levels. I also investigated the effects of player modifiers (versatility, rune of power, IF, arcane mastery) and target modifiers (prismatic crystal). From this, here is how Felmouth Frenzy works.
So, Felmouth frenzy:
1) scales with SP. The spell data says it shouldn't but it very clearly does.
2) does NOT scale with Rune of Power, Incanters Flow, Arcane Mastery or Versatility. I believe it ignores ALL player modifiers, and scales ONLY off your current spell power.
3) snapshots your spell power. Unlike Arcane Missiles which updates with each missile sent out, Felmouth frenzy will snapshot whatever spell power you have at the moment it begins shooting out bolts for all of its bolts.
4) is affected by target modifiers. Prismatic crystal will amplify its damage done. Probably also gets amp'd by the vulnerability phase of gorefiend.
5) works off of RPPM. 2rppm+haste.
Here is some of the data, and the fitted equation used to give SimC the information it needs to model the damage and SP scaling:
As of now, it's available for mages to use in SimC. Here are some results:
Code: Select all
76763 50.1% Mage_Frost_T18H_felmouth 76599 49.9% Mage_Frost_T18H 76484 50.1% Mage_Arcane_T18H_felmouth 76275 49.9% Mage_Arcane_T18H 59447 50.0% Mage_Fire_T18H_felmouth 59413 50.0% Mage_Fire_T18H
NOTE OF CAUTION! The base implementation of Felmouth frenzy in SimC is using base damage from data gathered for AP users, not SP users. The base damage is significantly different. I overrode the base spell for mages specifically in order to correct our base damage, and accurately model it for mages. Other casters will not be modeling the damage of this silly fish correctly because of this.
Update: Felmouth Frenzy is now functional for all specs and classes.