Nithramus (Legendary Ring) Testing Thread

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
Kasc

Re: Nithramus (Legendary Ring) Testing Thread

Unread postby Kasc Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:22 am

I did write out a post explaining the 2sec but I also came to the conclusion that it probably wasn't going to better overall after I did some napkin math.

I think 4 secs in has the potential not to be clipped by explosion. The explosion happens ~1sec after the buff ends. I think 6 secs in a safer bet (or 9 secs left on the buff).
Searix

Unread postby Searix Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:44 am

Something really fishy is going on, nithramus seems to be hitting for half damage at times and i have no idea why

Here's a log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2H ... iew=events" target="_blank

I did roughly 5.7 million during the first nithramus, but only hit for
00:00:17.039 Searix Nithramus Iron Reaver 717856

which is roughly half of what it should have hit for. I don't see it hitting other targets, fire bombs aren't a thing in p1 heroic, and zoning back in a second ago i dont see any critters around iron reaver (and it would list it if it did right?)
Valounette

Unread postby Valounette Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:54 am

I did write out a post explaining the 2sec but I also came to the conclusion that it probably wasn't going to better overall after I did some napkin math.

I think 4 secs in has the potential not to be clipped by explosion. The explosion happens ~1sec after the buff ends. I think 6 secs in a safer bet (or 9 secs left on the buff).
I remember back when I got the ring, 30mins of hitting dummies with it, popping the crystal when my ring timer is between 11 and 12 and it always hit the crystal.

edit: Not that it matters; without 30% damage amplification, hitting the boss with the explosion is the same as hitting the crystal (due to a bug?)
Kasc

Unread postby Kasc Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:14 pm

edit: Not that it matters; without 30% damage amplification, hitting the boss with the explosion is the same as hitting the crystal (due to a bug?)
You need to re-read some of the posts here about Gorefiend. It's beneficial to have the explosion hit PC on that fight.
Valounette

Unread postby Valounette Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:45 pm

You need to re-read some of the posts here about Gorefiend. It's beneficial to have the explosion hit PC on that fight.
I'm aware. I was talking generally on anything but Gorefiend

Return to “General Discussion”