Why Tier 16 has no cooldown-reducing trinket for Int DPS?

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
zhengma

Why Tier 16 has no cooldown-reducing trinket for Int DPS?

Unread postby zhengma Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:11 pm

As we know well, there are three Tier 16 trinkets for Tank, Str DPS and Agi DPS, respectively, that does what's said in the title of this post. However, there is no such trinket for Int DPS. There once was a healer trinket that was designed as such, but apparently it was changed upon or soon after the release of Patch 5.4.

Why does Blizzard discriminate us Cloth wearers in such an outrageous way?
Komma
Administrator

Re: Why Tier 16 has no cooldown-reducing trinket for Int DPS

Unread postby Komma Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:23 pm

Agi has no amplification trinket. Strength has no multistrike trinket. The only trinket that is common across all 3 is the cleave one. I think it's fair if you look at it that way.

Another thing to consider is that not all casters would benefit equally from CDR. For example, warlocks have Dark Soul, which is a 2 min CD with a 20 second duration. Icy Veins has 3 min CD with a 20 second duration. Warlocks would have a much higher increase in uptime from CDR affecting Dark Soul, than mages would gain from CDR affecting IV.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
zhengma

Unread postby zhengma Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:54 pm

Agi has no amplification trinket. Strength has no multistrike trinket. The only trinket that is common across all 3 is the cleave one. I think it's fair if you look at it that way.

Another thing to consider is that not all casters would benefit equally from CDR. For example, warlocks have Dark Soul, which is a 2 min CD with a 20 second duration. Icy Veins has 3 min CD with a 20 second duration. Warlocks would have a much higher increase in uptime from CDR affecting Dark Soul, than mages would gain from CDR affecting IV.
All right, for the first paragraph, touche. For the second paragraph, Ascendence(15/180 sec) and Vendetta (20/120 sec) also benefits differently from the same Agi CDR trinket. Gears are supposed to have different effectiveness to different specs.

What was on my mind was: the ICD of PBoI is 36.1% less than the CD of AT, and this 36.1% can be achieved by a 548 CDR trinket. That is: with a mere Flex trinket, I can ensure each PBoI proc (and its own ICD proc, as seen on the other 3 trinkets) is covered by an "IV/(glyphed)AP + AT". The multi-striking of KTT at the same ilvl only adds 13.4% X 1/3 damage statistically, the CDR sounds more appealing to me.

Were there actually be such a trinket, would it make into the BiS list of any spec?

EDIT: by "spec" I'm not restricting it to mage or cloth-wearer.
Kver
Administrator

Unread postby Kver Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:22 am

Because all of them were intended as new stats they wanted to try out, and you can't have 5 trinkets in one tier.
Twitter!

It were as it be it were

I solve problems. Have a problem? Send me a PM!
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:33 pm

I think if it were to exist, it'd be BiS for fire. simply because it allows us to line up PBOI with every combustion/alter time without having to wait at all. Bis? Maybe. Depends on the % and many other factors.
Owner of Altered Time.

Twitch - Twitter - Arcane Guide (AT) - Arcane Guide (IV) - Fire Guide

For any issues with a moderator or the website, send me a PM!
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:05 am

Because all of them were intended as new stats they wanted to try out, and you can't have 5 trinkets in one tier.
Yeah, this is probably the best reason. Now that we've seen WoD stuff, it's clear they used SoO trinkets as a testing ground for these new stats. They probably had ideas for which ones would be problematic and where, and may have wanted to test this type of stuff, so they spread them around. I don't think it was a way of intentionally slighting us.
Kver
Administrator

Unread postby Kver Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:14 am

Yeah, this is probably the best reason. Now that we've seen WoD stuff, it's clear they used SoO trinkets as a testing ground for these new stats. They probably had ideas for which ones would be problematic and where, and may have wanted to test this type of stuff, so they spread them around. I don't think it was a way of intentionally slighting us.
Yep, I think they chose based on those grounds. I mean, they can't have 5-6 trinket drops per primary stat type in a tier, so they had to make choices. Cooldown reduction would be really strong due to Alter Time.
Twitter!

It were as it be it were

I solve problems. Have a problem? Send me a PM!

Return to “General Discussion”