7.0 Speculation Thread

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
Liandry

Re: 7.0 Speculation Thread

Unread postby Liandry Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:23 pm

Imnick's post (which got made into it's own thread) sparked the thought. Anything is possible, now that they're deciding to truly seperate pvp/pve abilities and talents.

But yeah - like I said, it would likely never happen exactly for those reasons.

This is of course coming from someone who desperately wants to suggest ideas and concepts from games all over the internet to improve wow. I long for the days where we can equip a wider variety of weapons, like floating orbs, opened tomes (think scholar from ffxiv), chain whip swords (could allow melee to attack from a little further distance at the expense of a little damage loss - would help for abilities that you have to spread for) and so forth.

I still hope and pray for a buff/upkeep class just cause I think it would be really fun. It could still be tied to any expansion's lore (Minstrels singing songs to inspire/boost morale for the upcoming fight? ;D)

Though back on the pve/pvp split - I'm interested to see what's going to happen with talents and abilities, namely because it begs the question of "what qualifies as a pvp skill?". Personally, I'd like to see blazing speed/ice ward/ and mirror images removed as talents. I know MI is iconic, but they don't seem to care that most mages don't ever use it. It just doesn't compare to the other 2 talents in it's tier; which on that note, I'd like them to also redo RoP into a cd instead that increases haste/crit/ms/ mastery while you stand in it (something that could change per spec maybe). The whole tier needs a rework cause it just doesn't scream fun. There's no choice in it. You pick RoP for stationary fights, and IF for movement.

My mind starts working like a hamster on a wheel when I get excited, so my apologies if most of my post is split between "I wonder what they'll do" speculation and "They should do this" suggestions. :p
Rinoa
Administrator

Unread postby Rinoa Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:37 am

This isn't something that's likely to be added in 7.0, but I'd love a support role similar to what Rift has. From what I remember when I played, there are a variety of supports. Some examples of the more popular ones, going on build names here as classes have a ton of spec options available to them, were the Pyroarchon and Bard.

Pyroarchon was a hybrid of Pyromancer (think Fire Mage) and Archon, mainly a support tree. A Pyromancer would sacrifice some of her damage in order to pick up powerful offensive buffs to her raid, increasing raid DPS as a whole.

Bard was a healer-dps hybrid, doing something like 25-30% of a full healers healing and about the same for damage. On top of that, they provide strong defensive buffs such as damage mitigation and I think also some form of offensive buff.

It very well might not fit in WoW, at least not yet, but I'd love to see it some day.
Twitter
Armory

Issues with a moderator or moderating action? Send me a PM.
Mongust

Re: 7.0 New Spell Suggestions

Unread postby Mongust Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:55 pm

I know it may sound weired and maybe the purpose of this thread is a bit different. But, as we will definitely have a melee hunter class in the upcoming expansion. I wonder if the devs are considering the possibility to design a melee class for mages as well? For example a fire mage, equipped with Felo'melorn, casting low range spells, or handling some enhanced weapons and using some kind of magical shields to mitigate the huge amount of physical damage taken in melee zone.

Mod: Moved to the correct thread
Rabona

Unread postby Rabona Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:01 pm

With the introduction of DHs and the huntard changes they already introduced like 1.5 new melee classes, so I don't see them adding more melee specs.
nathyiel

Unread postby nathyiel Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:25 am

Just passing by .... *grin*

I really think they go in the good direction. In short, they will separed all spec into more sub-class than just color variation.
The legendary weapon that might take place of talent, etc, remind me of the titan path.

From the parcellar information we have, I think they will push each spec in a precise place and toy around for personnalisation : fire will burn things, frost will freeze everythings et arcane will conjure refreshment (*joke*).
But what I think could make things interesting could be that they work from scratch instead of keeping each as they are. Fast paced or more slower, hydra/elemental or not. Etc.

question that haven't been answered : how will it work with leveling ?
Sub-level part for the legendary weapon to upgrade along ?
Will each class keep dome common spell or will each spec go separate completely after level 10 ?
my twitter : @nathyiel
my armory : Nathyiel (DalaranEU)
Frost rocks on cleave but Fire reigns on AoE. Where is Arcane ?
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:55 am

Nath! Where have you been?! Would love to have you around again for Legion.

Right now, it's looking like the name of the game is "fantasy". For us though, Arcane/Fire/Frost aren't particularly similar, especially when compared to Hunters. I wouldn't expect big overhauls - at least, nothing of the "Survival Hunter is now melee" sort.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
nathyiel

Unread postby nathyiel Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:26 am

I was in the reality a lot. Very good graphism but bad gameplay. I play some hearthstone and D3. I tested Neverwinter and currently on Skyforge.

Back on the subject : legion.
It will depend on how far they puch things : spec more like sub-class or like actually but with "talent" per spec.
I think it will change for each class. Hybrid are more like sub-class than spec. Some pure class lack of spec identitty like hunt and rogue. And finally we have the class that have good spec but with recuring problem : warlock and mage.

For warlock, they will just push the concept further while making room for Demon Hunter..
For us, mage, the question is more in class design : spell choise, refining rotation, effect like ignite or frozen. I made of few proposition in the other topic.

It could be interesting to know what kind of return from the community they want: crazy idea, critics, enhancement, rotation, etc. With*taĺent* per spec, how many choice? More new spell or enhanced version of existing ? Etc

But I know that more information will come at Blizzcon. So wait and see, like always.
nathyiel

Unread postby nathyiel Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:06 am

We will need an 7.0 fact repository at some point.
my thought on the change are in italic

From the different Q&A (things may change until release, etc).
Artifact weapon (http://www.wowhead.com/news=248628/legi ... at-we-know" target="_blank):
  • 2-h staff for Frost
  • 1-h sword for Fire
  • unknow weapon for Arcane
  • artifact weapon will have a perk slot to unlock for unknow effect actually
  • There will be a way to manage spec switching
  • There will be a leveling for the artifact
Class & general change :
  • Class quest through Class Order
  • Class Hall at unknow location
  • No new major glyph - aka no new glyph but existing one may change in class revamp
  • multistrike is gone - Brain Freeze proc condition will change
  • change to tertiary stat - no real impact on class
  • no role change for pure DPS class - aka no mage tank
  • separate talent tree PvE/PvP - victory !!! no more Deep Freeze OPness
  • Most class will be revamps (not as much as Demonology or Survival)
  • "Working based on the fantasy of the spec, tweaking to fit more. Some renamed specs." - aka reinforced class identity. Look good.
-------------

That's all for the information.
In short :
> Artifact Weapon perk look like the old Titan Path idea. Curious to see if they will take some actual Talent/Perk to make room for it and not overload with additional effect. The removing of multistrike may be related as it could come back on artifact weapon.
> PvP/PvE talent tree mean that we could have aggro management talent and other interesting things like that. Time to have some crazy idea in the [url"http://altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1884]7.0 spell suggestion[/url] topic.
> And finally, I will open a Class Hall speculation/idea topic very soon (not SOON, I mean in 5 minutes).

Return to “General Discussion”