New Fruit Basket/Trinket Procs on Pull Toy?

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
isaac2314

New Fruit Basket/Trinket Procs on Pull Toy?

Unread postby isaac2314 Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:57 pm

Mod edit: This was hotfixed to no longer work. http://i.imgur.com/BC2nifY.jpg" target="_blank
Greetings fellow mages,
I've recently (9/20) tried using fruit baskets (which used to give you trinkets procs back to back on pull), on Marrowgar, with 715 ring and DSI equipped. To my surprise however, it did not actually work. I have Incanter's Flow and drank potion before using the basket.
According to some recent logs though (for example this one: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/jX ... s&source=3" target="_blank), gaming trinkets seem to be still possible: while this mage didn't use any RPPM trinkets, he had a 8 second 715 buff on pull. As far as I can check on this forum, nobody has mentioned any new toys or such which replaced Fruit Basket's role. I no loner raid seriously, so I suppose I'm a bit out of the loop now. Are such things now done via toys, or is there some new trick?
Thanks for reading!
neoxz04

Re: New Fruit Basket/Trinket Procs on Pull Toy?

Unread postby neoxz04 Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:06 pm

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/184867 ... -5-22-2015" target="_blank
Fruit Basket should no longer incorrectly have a chance to trigger trinket effects.
Fruit Basket, however, still puts you in combat while it's flying to the target. So you can do something (e.g. Ice Floes, Alter Time, Cold Snap) to get a trinket proc before it reaches the boss, then you get your RPPM reset when the boss encounter starts, and so a second proc will come once the first finishes.

Any "slow" projectile spell could be a replacement for Fruit Basket. I have also seen people using rockets or pet attacks.
Carwey

Unread postby Carwey Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:24 pm

Here's essentially the same trick, just with arcane barrage instead of basket(hadn't tried basket yet when I made the video): http://www.twitch.tv/carwey/v/16710281" target="_blank
What you do is:
1. Equip the 715 ring and don't hit anything for a few minutes.
2. Throw basket at boss at around ~2 seconds before pull.
3. Spam Ice floes until ring procs. It's safest to just use all of them since there's only one global time to see if you actually procced the ring.
4. Use greater Invis to drop combat
5. Equip legendary ring ASAP
6. Proceed normally

Granted, this is not worth it over using Images pre-pull due to not being able to drop combat with invis while images are active.

This trick is also possible with Shadowmeld, you just need to be able to proc the ring while the basket is midair.
Last edited by Carwey on Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
isaac2314

Unread postby isaac2314 Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:50 pm

I did try using fruit basket THEN a host of other things, since I assumed that Blizz fixed Incanter's/Potion/etc buffs to no longer proc while in combat, and that maybe the Basket remained essential.
I only have the ring proc, however, around 20% of the time after using fruit basket THEN using Icy Floe. Can I assume you need to spam it to work? Although, of the three mages in that log who used this trick, only 2 had IF/AT, while the 3rd one used Evansce. I'll go and try spamming such spells, I suppose.

Edit: After trying for quite some time, it appears that some spells work for ring proc, while others don't. Only Ice Block and Cold Snap, however, could proc ring, trinkets and enchant. I'm not sure if I'm missing some spell or some buff, but I guess you'll just have to Basket, IB then GI for this weird and convoluted opener.
Chev
Global Moderator

Unread postby Chev Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:55 pm

I dont know if this is still the case, but there was some testing done after the fruit basket hotfix was applied that the fruit basket could still be used to proc trinkets but only if you were Worgen.
Wilderness

Unread postby Wilderness Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:45 pm

I dont know if this is still the case, but there was some testing done after the fruit basket hotfix was applied that the fruit basket could still be used to proc trinkets but only if you were Worgen.
It still works with BRF trinkets and just Incanter's flow. My old fruit basket macro worked just fine when I used BRF trinkets on Gorefiend and I'm not Worgen. But as far as I know, its never worked with the proc trinkets from HFC.
Ashamanxx || <Good Talk> || 13/13M
isaac2314

Unread postby isaac2314 Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:54 pm

That's.....interesting. I've up til now never tried with my old BRF trinkets, so I suppose that makes sense.
Out of curiosity, does the old setup (Incanter's without casting anything) work with the 715 Alchemy trinket?
Searix

Unread postby Searix Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:31 am

Good news everyone! I've done a lot of testing these last few days since i saw this, and here are my results:

/use Fruit Basket
/castsequence reset=20 Evanesce, Greater Invisibility
/equipset name

Equipped: Crit/Multi mythic BRF trinkets, 715 ring.
Consistently procs everything IF you wait at LEAST 2 minutes since last combat (preferably 3+). Anything less and they only sometimes proc
Lammer

Unread postby Lammer Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:35 pm

When you equip back 735 ring, you get 30 sec CD on it. Does it affect raid's ability to use 735 ring on the pull, and does it affect your ability to receive the buff from it?

PS. Zen alchemist stone is also used in couple with 715 ring to get pre-pull buffs
Laodi

Unread postby Laodi Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:08 pm

When you equip back 735 ring, you get 30 sec CD on it. Does it affect raid's ability to use 735 ring on the pull, and does it affect your ability to receive the buff from it?

PS. Zen alchemist stone is also used in couple with 715 ring to get pre-pull buffs
You can't use it fro 30 seconds but when other use it yours is still activated.
isaac2314

Unread postby isaac2314 Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:53 pm

Saw the news elsewhere and just checked: Fruit Basket can no longer be used in a raid instance.

Hope this isn't old news already.
Wilderness

Unread postby Wilderness Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:40 pm

WCL is banning logs that do the trick anyway.
Ashamanxx || <Good Talk> || 13/13M
DeathDefier
Global Moderator

Unread postby DeathDefier Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:52 am

Saw the news elsewhere and just checked: Fruit Basket can no longer be used in a raid instance.

Hope this isn't old news already.
Wasn't aware, thanks for the info. Locking this thread then.

Return to “General Discussion”