6.2.3 - Quick look at new trinkets

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
Curnivore

Re: 6.2.3 - Quick look at new trinkets

Unread postby Curnivore Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:09 am

The 800 version is for 110 level...
Searix

Unread postby Searix Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:12 am

yah the 715 version (level 100) is
+351 intellect
+675 crit/haste/mastery for 15 seconds +10% demons, ~50% uptime?

anyone else know the uptime/experimented with it?
Searix

Unread postby Searix Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:41 am

Doing a few bosses tonight, gonna see what the uptime is

Notes: Can proc during proc, resetting 15 second timer. Always procs on pull.

Heirloom trinket uptime so far on fair fights:
35%
54%
41%
14%
53%
48%
31%
45%

Average 39.6% (running total)
According to logs, average over 20 wipes(~3 minutes/wipe): 40.3% (higher than expected because always procs at start)
Last edited by Searix on Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:17 am, edited 7 times in total.
Preheet

Unread postby Preheet Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:38 am

So far on Mythic Mannoroth Progression, I've averaged a ~50% up-time with it. Seems viable, but some number crunching is probably required. Anymore input would be appreciated.
Thoras

Unread postby Thoras Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:41 am

I ran a few Mythic dungeons hoping for a few trinkets, didn't get any of them though. One of my guildies is trying it out on mythic Manno right now, he thinks it's pretty good, but I'm waiting to see something concrete before I sink some more time into spamming Mythics till I get one. Currently running heroic warforged PoF and heroic TOSW, both upgraded.
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:55 am

I'm getting some hints from general mmo champion discussions that the drops of these act like Garrosh' heirloom in terms of spec. Meaning, you may get one for your spec first and another later. That of course is not important for a mage but I'm still wondering if you can get an irrelevant to your spec first.

Well all that might have some value here since you can farm it on another character, being account-bound.
TheHeretic91

Unread postby TheHeretic91 Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:31 pm

Comments on wowhead confirm that you'll always get one relevant to your current spec first, then random ones.
Last edited by TheHeretic91 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wilderness

Unread postby Wilderness Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:33 pm

Comments on wowhead confirm that you'll always get one relevant to your current spec first, then a random ones.
That's what I've seen as well. I got the Int one first, and a STR one later on. Guildmates have had similar experiences.
Ashamanxx || <Good Talk> || 13/13M
Firemancer

Unread postby Firemancer Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:50 pm

Doing a few bosses tonight, gonna see what the uptime is

Notes: Can proc during proc, resetting 15 second timer. Always procs on pull.

Heirloom trinket uptime so far on fair fights:
35%
54%
41%
14%
53%
48%
31%
45%

Average 39.6% (running total)
According to logs, average over 20 wipes(~3 minutes/wipe): 40.3% (higher than expected because always procs at start)
The uptime seems solid, however not sure if it will out perform PoF or ToSM. Without number crunching just from having it what are your thoughts? Could it replace the top two trinkets? Perhaps for fire/frost.
skiz

Unread postby skiz Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:55 pm

Simcraft: 20% uptime. It seems to be shitty on 2+targets as frost. And okay / decent on 1 target. (Just vs demons). Pretty sure that simcraft models that one horribly wrong.

Assuming that the uptime is higher than in simcraft, it may outperform Unblinking gaze of seth and PoF for frost singeltarget. But I dont think that it is viable on multiple targets. However this is just a guess.
Firemancer

Unread postby Firemancer Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:58 pm

Confirmation of the above: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/jy ... ity=201410" target="_blank
I'm at work and had to pull up these logs on my phone, but they are really impressive. What trinkets did you use here? Also do you always go PC as fire?
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:42 pm

Seems like another RNG hell tbh. 54% uptime OR 11% uptime? Oh dear.
yungg

Unread postby yungg Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:20 pm

Someone in IRC tested the trinket with PC and came to the conclusion it doesn't affect PC damage so I don't think the trinket is actually worth using for fire/arcane.
Laodi

Unread postby Laodi Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:27 pm

Someone in IRC tested the trinket with PC and came to the conclusion it doesn't affect PC damage so I don't think the trinket is actually worth using for fire/arcane.
As PC gets heavily influenced by PoF and this is loosed maybe Trinket+OP could be a easy way to get a more stable DPS-setting. Not for toplogs ofc but if you really hate the RNG of arcane it could be worth it for demonfights.
Firemancer

Unread postby Firemancer Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:26 pm

source? So it would not apply the 10% against PC that's bouncing off a demon?
Firepants

Unread postby Firepants Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:47 pm

10 min and 8 sec dps on dummy. Seems to average from 40-50% uptime on most fights.
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:05 pm

PC isn't a demon, and it doesn't make sense for the PC distributed damage to be amp'd on the mob. (You don't Amp damage that is already amp'd)
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:06 pm

Simcraft: 20% uptime. It seems to be shitty on 2+targets as frost. And okay / decent on 1 target. (Just vs demons). Pretty sure that simcraft models that one horribly wrong.

Assuming that the uptime is higher than in simcraft, it may outperform Unblinking gaze of seth and PoF for frost singeltarget. But I dont think that it is viable on multiple targets. However this is just a guess.
I think you were in IRC when it was discussed yesterday, but the trinket isn't functioning properly in SimC ATM. But if we assume 20% uptime is on the low end, its actually a good trinket (potentially even for lower end mythic raiders). I'd agree it'll outpace PoF/Seethe for frost on ST if the 20% assumption is low, based on the numbers I linked yesterday in IRC - but it won't come near beating Tome for Arcane or Frost. Probably won't beat PoF/Tome for Arcane either, for Mythic raiders. Probably BiS for N/H Raiders though, at least until they get WF versions of the HFC trinkets.
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:12 pm

As PC gets heavily influenced by PoF and this is loosed maybe Trinket+OP could be a easy way to get a more stable DPS-setting. Not for toplogs ofc but if you really hate the RNG of arcane it could be worth it for demonfights.
Tier bonuses account for a large amount of the RNG for Arcane - PoF/PC are minor in comparison.
skiz

Unread postby skiz Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:43 am

I think you were in IRC when it was discussed yesterday, but the trinket isn't functioning properly in SimC ATM. But if we assume 20% uptime is on the low end, its actually a good trinket (potentially even for lower end mythic raiders). I'd agree it'll outpace PoF/Seethe for frost on ST if the 20% assumption is low, based on the numbers I linked yesterday in IRC - but it won't come near beating Tome for Arcane or Frost. Probably won't beat PoF/Tome for Arcane either, for Mythic raiders. Probably BiS for N/H Raiders though, at least until they get WF versions of the HFC trinkets.
Yip. /Agree. But I was pretty sure it does outperform those mythic and heroic trinkets:
- unblinking gaze for frost on singeltarget
- PoF for frost on singeltarget
- none for multiple targets. (Well, basically there is a probably a cap on targets with low heroic trinkets where this is wrong)
- havent looked into arcane

However, I saw some rumors about it beeing hotfixed ingame to nerf the proccchance. Probably going to be worse. Guess you are right :)
I think you were in IRC when it was discussed yesterday, but the trinket isn't functioning properly in SimC ATM.
I actually assume that the buff is correct: Dump stat improve. The 10% damage against demons do work on 1 target, and seem to work on multiple targets. But the uptime is definitly broken compared to ingame data. (Before proccchance nerf)

Return to “General Discussion”