[7.0 PTR] Infodump, notes and discussion

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
Rinoa
Administrator

[7.0 PTR] Infodump, notes and discussion

Unread postby Rinoa Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:57 am

Using this thread to list things as I find them. This is more of a small info dump for me personally than anything. Feel free to add observations, thoughts and opinions.

Trinkets

All HFC trinkets are nerfed.

New values for MWF Tome of Shifting Words is 30% for Arcane, 78% for Fire and 68% for Frost. Mythic dungeon trinket and crafted trinkets appear unaffected by said nerf, though there have been changes made. Tharbek's Lucky Pebble, for example, has gone from spirit to versatility.

Doom Nova from Prophecy of Fear no longer scales with Mana Adept (Arcane mastery) and as such is heavily nerfed, the damage now matches the tooltip. It remains 0.9RPPM for Arcane unless the tooltip is lying.

The following test is done with identical gear.

Doom Nova damage as Frost with a 740 Prophecy of Fear: 7500-7501 hits and 15000-15001 crits

Doom Nova damage as Arcane with a 740 Prophecy of Fear: 7500-7501 hits and 15000-15001 crits

As Desecrated Shadowmoon Insignia already was close to Prophecy of Fear on single target in 6.2 this surely causes it to be significantly superior.

Legendary rings

Some rings such as Nithramus have a "$<WarlordsTrinketNerf>*$m1/100$%" in place of the 44% number on the initial damage increase, as seen here:

Maalus and Thorasus look as they do on live, not having the WarlordsTrinketNerf part of the tooltip but rather the expected 44% number.

Gems

Epic gems now provide 200 of a chosen secondary stat, up from 75. As such, having a socket is significantly more powerful than having a WF piece, except in the case of your weapon. (And potentially some class trinkets)

Blue gems provide 160 up from 50.

Tier sets

Pre-WoD set bonuses are now disabled. No more prepull shenanigans.

Enchants

Values remain the same for "Mark of", "Gift of" and "Breath of" enchants.

Multistrike is gone

Spoiler tag might not entirely be true, as Chill666 points out, Demonbuckle Sash of Argus went from Mastery + Multistrike to Mastery + Haste. (I haven't verified personally)
Spoiler:
Items with multistrike on them has been changed to critical strike, except in the case of items that had both multistrike and crit - multistrike becomes haste on those.

Exhibit a)

Haste + Multistrike -> Haste + Critical Strike

Exhibit b)

Critical Strike + Multistrike -> Critical Strike + Haste
Gift of Multistrike has been changed to other stats on jewellry. Rings have changed to mastery, necks to haste and cloaks to critical strike.

Multistrike gems have been changed to haste.

Mark of the Frostwolf retains its mechanic of being able to stack to 2, but now provides critical strike instead of multistrike.
Twitter
Armory

Issues with a moderator or moderating action? Send me a PM.
Curnivore

Re: [7.0 PTR] Infodump, notes and discussion

Unread postby Curnivore Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:39 am

Some of that might be incomplete. It wouldn't make much sense to make all enchant types equal.
Rinoa
Administrator

Unread postby Rinoa Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:07 am

Indeed. I'm sure lots of things will be changed, this is a fresh PTR of an expansion pre-patch after all.

Also, Glacial Spike kind of hurts.

I bet I can get it to crit for over 6 mil, but that would take effort that I am not willing to put in right now.
Twitter
Armory

Envilate

Unread postby Envilate Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:46 am

May I ask how you crit so hard?
Chill666

Unread postby Chill666 Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:34 am

Items with multistrike on them has been changed to critical strike, except in the case of items that had both multistrike and crit - multistrike becomes haste on those.
Not completely true. Demonbuckle Sash of Argus got changed from Mastery+Multi to Mastery+Haste
Angelist

Unread postby Angelist Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:58 pm

Blackiron Micro Crucible , which had a stacking multistrike proc, has switched to stacking Mastery.
Gorstag

Unread postby Gorstag Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:09 pm

Why do I only have 1 mythic item with socket... Not the worse (edict of argus WF socket) but still bad and even better after the patch !

It seems to me that we will have difficulty to stand out after the pre patch.
Ignium

Unread postby Ignium Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:08 pm

Funny things I saw (as a character copy of Ignium @ Emerald Dream):

Fire:
->Tome's Flamestrike applies the Flame Patch talent
-> Meteor is affected by the new Combustion
-> It's very chaotic and reactive, I love it

Arcane:
->Rune Of Power + Arcane Power into Supernova hits as hard as a 4 AC AB during that period without Erosion
->Somehow Erosion leads to AB critting up to 338k and does not affect Supernova (measly 73k crit) with the above combo
-> the Arcane Familiar slaps for 10k average, applying Erosion stacks, doesn't seem affected by Rune or AP or said Erosion
-> No buff Mirror Images casted for average 7k damage and did 380k overall (350k with erosion, so supposing not affected by it)
-> Arcane explosion drains my mana at 4 stacks too fast and barely does enough damage to compensate it

Frost:
-> You can keep Icy veins eternally, it's just hard without full haste gear
-> The damage on most builds I tried seem very very low

At the moment with the conversions and the gear I have, my dps seems only fine in fire. Arcane comes second and frost third.

I'll keep updating this post if i find more fun stuff
Gorstag

Unread postby Gorstag Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:08 pm

You have 24 h for try on the beta if like me you can't dl the ptr.

As arcane i only manage to get ~2m (instead of 3m+ unbuff on live and on beta no more buff absent) ring on dummy using presence of mind, rune of power, charged up, unstable magic and overpowered. I choose these talent with the aim of making the more damage while the ring (assuming ring at 0).
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:36 pm

I have a sneaking suspicion frost might be cool on the prepatch. I might try all the specs and see. The good thing compared to the actual Beta/Legion expansion is that this time there is no discrepancy between artifacts so we can try anything with little penalty for the switch itself (I start hating how much the progress of a heirloom keeps other specs behind to be perfectly honest with you).
Gorstag

Unread postby Gorstag Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:59 am

It test frost it seems very low to me too.

For penalty of switching talent at legion : i think if there is not a spec far ahead the other we will be able to play 2 spec during the same tier.
You can easily level up 2 artefact weapon at the same time. You won more in more artifact power and the cost of traits increase also very fast.

For exemple the cost of the 13 first traits is 6500 while the cost of the 14th trait is 6840.
You can not catch up entirely a weapon for less that the price of the next trait at all time but it's seems that you can catch up at least 80% like that.

So for exemple when you are at 30 traits you will be able to up an other artefact to 24 traits (even a bit more according to numbers) in less time that you will take to up your main one to 31 traits.
Rinoa
Administrator

Unread postby Rinoa Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:30 am

Doom Nova is triggered by each cinder in Cinderstorm as well as Conflagration's Flare Up effect.
Twitter
Armory

Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:32 pm

For exemple the cost of the 13 first traits is 6500 while the cost of the 14th trait is 6840.
I'm not sure that situation is great either. You get a spec not even half way through and then you get a gigantic cost to get 1 trait point. I see many nerfs ahead for this system in whole, further than the ones designed now, because I see very little benefit from spec-specific progression when most of the benefit is having nice spec Lore.
Rabona

Unread postby Rabona Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:01 pm

Does the removal of T12prepull mean that logs in which I was using it are going to get flagged and voided?
Rinoa
Administrator

Unread postby Rinoa Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:34 pm

Doubtful. It's not as easy to automatically detect as the other "tricks" - and on top of that the removal comes with a pre-expansion patch so it's not like rankings or bosskills are competitive in the least anymore, as the expansion is over.
Twitter
Armory

Juniper

Unread postby Juniper Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:42 pm

Taking away crystal feels like a huge nerf, especially if you consider the trinket nerfs. Mana managment feels really awkward, too.

Time to get some crit gear.
Searix

Unread postby Searix Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:40 pm

So from the sounds of it for highest dps spec it's Fire spec with mythic dungeon trinket, Shadowmoon insignia, rune of power pop everything fire combo?
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:27 pm

I'm not sure frost can be written off or that arcane will remain mana-starved on conservation. Besides, tuning might happen. We know at least the bosses must be tuned.

PS. I would not be surprised if there is no tuning and it's just broken until 110 either.
Frantik

Unread postby Frantik Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:15 am

So far from dungeon runs and some LFR (couldn't find proper group to do heroic/mythic HC) Arcane still looks higher dps with my 732 ilvl gear.
Maybe I just forgotten how to play fire or maybe It's because I don't have those fire specific trinkets but I can't reach the same dps levels with fire as I do with arcane.
Overall it is lower than before for sure, as others have stated allready
I guess we'll know in a few days that patch is coming :D

Return to “General Discussion”