Mage Hidden Artifact Appearances

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
Loihtia

Re: Mage Hidden Artifact Appearances

Unread postby Loihtia Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:12 pm

WHAT?! The Arcane Appearance roll is "true" for you? Join our Discord looking for it if you haven't already!

https://discord.gg/VXbTXtG" target="_blank
Loihtia

Unread postby Loihtia Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:18 pm

I mean, that is actual progress. With your help we could maybe find out what you've done differently than the rest of us to get the roll. Please join Discord and let's get this damn appearance :D
Alvareaux

Unread postby Alvareaux Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:06 pm

Yeah im in the discord. The only thing i can think of that i did was:
Let myself die in the circle of sheep in stormheim.
Kill the sheep near stormwind with Arcane Explosion and the Barrage cleave.

Outside of that im basicly sheeping everything i see in the broken isles.
Mana

Unread postby Mana Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:06 pm

Not sure if this matters, but when attempting to put Mark of Aluneth on sheep in stormwind it just fails and goes on CD.
Loihtia

Unread postby Loihtia Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:47 pm

Yo Alvareaux can you please go talk something in the Sheep Staff discussion. Confirm that you had the right quest ID and help determine how we could get the roll. You're our only lead now :D Thanks!
Nefershep

Unread postby Nefershep Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:29 am

I just hit 4 AK, and my roll returned a "Yes". I'm arcane.

Edit: I joined the discord channel, but cannot type in it.
nathyiel

Unread postby nathyiel Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:50 am

Beware with the roll.
I got AK4 yesterday and this moring I got the frost quest YES but I haven't the emote and I tested all the portail (with Frost staff) : nothing.

I will edit after reset in 10 minutes to tell if it work or if I still have to wait.

edit : I will have to wait.
Daily roll is now NO.
For information : AK4 - Artifact level 19.
Suramar not finished.
I still have the quest to do for the mythic appearance.
my twitter : @nathyiel
my armory : Nathyiel (DalaranEU)
Frost rocks on cleave but Fire reigns on AoE. Where is Arcane ?
Loihtia

Unread postby Loihtia Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:22 am

Heyyy Nefershep! You need to visit your email and confirm Discord or something like that I think.
Alvareaux

Unread postby Alvareaux Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:49 am

So as stated on discord, my roll for arcane no longer returns as True. Im trying to figure out what would be the trigger and why it has gone back to being False.
Waxwingz

Unread postby Waxwingz Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:59 am

Just a thought I had today. I am gonna test it when someone from the raid group i was in logs on. But where you kill the dragons in Emerald Nightmare. There are portals that port you to certain areas of the world. has anyone gone through one of these portals and explored to find Cote Metcalf? I know one put you in Darkshire.
Chinassiah

Unread postby Chinassiah Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:45 pm

So it seems The Stars' Design still drops from Suramar, but it's gated by Artifact Knowledge 5.
I will get my AK5 in 4 hours, already got myself a tank to farm mobs. Will update with the mob that dropped it for me.

Source and credits to Cypter on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/5 ... _obtained/" target="_blank
Squisheii

Unread postby Squisheii Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:52 pm

Main Post updated with Fire/Frost AK gates.
Rinoa
Administrator

Unread postby Rinoa Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:38 am

This is not an advertisement thread for the OotS Discord. It's okay to mention it, but I'm drawing the line here.
Twitter
Armory

Issues with a moderator or moderating action? Send me a PM.
nathyiel

Unread postby nathyiel Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:16 pm

Also for Frost, even if I still didn't have the emote about portal, I found that the quest is Yes only if you have the XP/rep buff from ghost PNJ in dalaran
my twitter : @nathyiel
my armory : Nathyiel (DalaranEU)
Frost rocks on cleave but Fire reigns on AoE. Where is Arcane ?
Mana

Unread postby Mana Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:56 pm

Also for Frost, even if I still didn't have the emote about portal, I found that the quest is Yes only if you have the XP/rep buff from ghost PNJ in dalaran
It's a daily quest trigger, it will always say yes regardless if you get the emote about portals crackling or not. It resets at normal daily reset time. It's triggered when you walk down the stairs towards your mission table.
zalix44

Unread postby zalix44 Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:08 pm

AK 5 unlocked today. Got the fire hidden appearance after farming the Suramar mobs at Moon Guard Stronghold for at most 30 minutes. I stayed near the first level and didn't go too far into the stronghold.
Azshannagosa

Unread postby Azshannagosa Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:45 pm

I have received the Stars Design from mobs within Suramar (zone). AK lvl 5, I got mine off of spiders in Falanaar.
MagusMaximus

Unread postby MagusMaximus Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:36 pm

I'm at AK 5 now, have been for about a day. Still have not received the emote trigger. Always in Frost spec with Ebonchill equipped. I've verified the quest script since AK4 and has always read yes.

I feel like everyone else is getting this trigger extremely quick after AK4 :evil:
Khiria

Unread postby Khiria Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:34 pm

I feel like everyone else is getting this trigger extremely quick after AK4 :evil:
Not every one, I am as unlucky as you.
Khiria - Frost Mage - EU-Medivh - Alliance
Tao

Unread postby Tao Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:57 am

Regarding the arcane appearance.

First off, I have no idea if there is a relation between this and the appearance, but there is a really odd elite beast in Stormheim at 48.0,39.5. A runehorn that goes by the name "Thunderhorn".

Now for the odd things:
  • It's a runehorn, the same kind of beast as the calf in the same area that you have to sheep for the volatile sheep. Also note the "Calf" in Cote "Shepherd" Metcalf.
  • It's only a bit south of the dragon nest where all the dead sheep are littered around and can be easily kited to the nest.
  • Item flavor text: "Cote "Shepherd" Metcalf was unable to unlock the secrets of this mysterious bleating staff." So maybe he was experimenting with this staff and sheeping at the nest, but failed since there are only dead sheep?
  • Thunderhorn has a quest marker, which means it must be part of a quest. But I was unable to find any quest related to this NPC. So apparently it's part of a yet unknown quest.
  • Also, it is a pure level 110 NPC (no level scaling). Therefore it has to be related to level 110 content.
  • Crowd control on this NPC seems to have diminishing returns. Sheeping goes 50sec/25sec/12.5sec/immune. I've never encountered sheep DR on pure PvE targets. Might this be a hint that this is not a beast, but something else like a (polymorphed) humanoid?
  • The world boss Nithogg also is not far from this nest. It has some unusual abilities like "Lightning Rod" and "Unstable Explosion". Coincidence that the elite runehorn is called Thunderhorn? Its horns look like they are excellent lightning conductors.

Return to “General Discussion”