Mage Hidden Artifact Appearances

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
andy

Re: Mage Hidden Artifact Appearances

Unread postby andy Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:52 am

To be 100% sure, check the quest ID 43799.
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.
winnerbilly

Unread postby winnerbilly Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:23 pm

So i can confirm all of this however you may want people searching for volitile sheep in stormheim instead of extremely because the sheep doesnt become extremely until its right clicked a few times...especially if you are using a macro...Feel free anyone who has questions to ask in game my name ObSfayble#1103
Blownt

Unread postby Blownt Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:49 am

I went through the steps got to the final part for Cote, I get there and the event doesnt start. Any idea? I got the emote in class hall, got the emote in stormheim after, flew to the tower and hes just chilling with his staff at the ready.
Zulandia
Global Moderator

Unread postby Zulandia Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:00 pm

I went through the steps got to the final part for Cote, I get there and the event doesnt start. Any idea? I got the emote in class hall, got the emote in stormheim after, flew to the tower and hes just chilling with his staff at the ready.
Haven't got it to proc yet but I believe you need to be arcane for the final stage. If you did the rest as fire/frost make sure you respec and see if he will start the event :)
Poosh

Unread postby Poosh Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:44 pm

Apparently I got the frost hidden appearance but I don't remember getting it, I have the WQ one and the PVP appearance. Is this a bug or is it because I have the fire one appearances?
Zulandia
Global Moderator

Unread postby Zulandia Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:55 pm

Apparently I got the frost hidden appearance but I don't remember getting it, I have the WQ one and the PVP appearance. Is this a bug or is it because I have the fire one appearances?
Unclear on whether it is a bug or intended since Blizz has not commented (I am personally on the side of unfixed bug) but if you unlock the hidden appearance recolours you can then use the matching colours for any hidden appearance (including ones you do not have unlocked).
Painphd

Unread postby Painphd Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:09 pm

Hey,

A few days ago i had the sheep text appear in my order hall. The little window with the sheep's face appeared and i knew from reading that i had to go click the sheep a lot. However i could never see the sheep, there were many people afk at the order hall entrance and i think thats where the sheep is meant to be, so i was unable to click it. Does this mean i'm eligible for the stormheim part of the quest or do i need to wait for this to happen again?

Is there a way for me to check. Sorry if this has been asked many times, im a n00b.
Binkenstein

Unread postby Binkenstein Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:59 am

Haven't got it to proc yet but I believe you need to be arcane for the final stage. If you did the rest as fire/frost make sure you respec and see if he will start the event :)
That's odd. I'm at this stage, currently speced Arcane, but the event isn't triggering. Might try respecing right there to see if that triggers it.
Binkenstein

Unread postby Binkenstein Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:01 am

For future reference I had the following happen:
Explode the sheep in Stormheim.
Go to Stormwind, get a "..." emote from an Elwyn Sheep.
Go to the event location & nothing happened.

Waited until after weekly maintenance
Went back to event location.
Event happened.
Got the appearance.
Jasbi

Unread postby Jasbi Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:23 pm

I'm in the same situation with Painphd, guess I'll just have to wait for the weekly reset then if that's what worked for Binkenstein. :|
Kivutar

Unread postby Kivutar Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:21 am

I finally got the arcane hidden appearance done this week so thought I would share my experience. Maybe someone might find it useful!

I got the emotes and did the event, all in frost spec - so being in arcane spec is not necessary, except to actually use the Woolomancer's Charge item that drops at the end. I don't know whether this has always been like this, or a recent change.

Be very careful if you log into the order hall and are leaving towards the Dalaran portal when you trigger the emote, because the sheep won't be there again, at least until you succeed again on a daily roll (voice of experience). When I did get the emote again, the sheep following me in the order hall did not appear to have any kind of nameplate or portrait bar, it was just there following immediately behind me. If there are a lot of people AFK at the portal, it will follow if you just move away from them a little so you can click it.

After exploding the stormheim sheep I went to Elwynn and there was another player in front of the tower who was clearly just finishing up the sheep event. I went into and up the tower in case there was something inside. When I came back down to the entrance, the event started automatically. Maybe it just had to wait for the person to finish and the event would reset.

There seemed to be a lot of mages searching the same places in Stormheim for the sheep spawns, and another person was doing the event when I got there. I would guess that they might have upped the chances of the hidden appearances showing, so keep an eye out if you don't have them yet!

Return to “General Discussion”