Mage Hidden Artifact Appearances

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
Holte

Re: Mage Hidden Artifact Appearances

Unread postby Holte Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:27 am

AK 5 unlocked today. Got the fire hidden appearance after farming the Suramar mobs at Moon Guard Stronghold for at most 30 minutes. I stayed near the first level and didn't go too far into the stronghold.
I can confirm it took me no more than 30 mins to acquire it in the same spot this evening, thanks for the tip!
I'd spent about 3 hours farming the mobs in Suramar city, the insta spawn loyalists in the past having heard they dropped it, to no avail.
Snoozes

Unread postby Snoozes Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:10 pm

Hey guys long time lurker but wanted to make an account to share.

So to start with hit AK 5 two days ago, today I logged on, went to use the Suramar portal in the class hall to farm the fire artifact item (been farming for hours and no luck so far) and was teleported to frostfire ridge. I was in fire spec with AK 5. Was able to pick up the frost artifact item but had to switch over to frost before I could use it.

So even out of frost spec was able to obtain the item, not the one I wanted but a nice little surprise anyway.

Anyway! Hopefully this helps out someone.
Vorrum

Unread postby Vorrum Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:28 am

Hit AK5 today. Went to the moon guard stronghold today as the others have had luck here. Been at this for two hours, maybe its just bad luck or am I doing something wrong? The fire hidden appearance works with any mob in Suramar anyways right? So This area shouldn't even matter that much. Has anyone else had issue getting the fire appearance? Those that have gotten it, can we get confirmation on where exactly you were?
Holte

Unread postby Holte Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:29 am

I was farming the mobs just up the first set of stairs past the hippogryph that you climb on for the world quest to bomb them from above. I didn't move from this area as they spawn fast enough to not have to.
Vorrum

Unread postby Vorrum Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:36 am

Moonfall roost is the area name I take it? Just to confirm.
Cedric

Unread postby Cedric Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:06 am

I edited the Ebonchill Frostfire appearance quest macro to be more accurate:
/run print(format("Does Blizzard hate me? %s", IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44384) and "\124cff00ff00Yes\124r" or "\124cffff0000Maybe\124r"))
Ribbit

Unread postby Ribbit Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:08 pm

My Arcane* artifact appearance roll just hit true after getting AK6, now to test some things.
Norrinir
Global Moderator

Unread postby Norrinir Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:37 pm

I can confirm that after reaching AK6, the hidden quest "Sheep Summon Daily Roll" started working. So far I haven't noticed anything different in the order hall.
Gryphoon

Unread postby Gryphoon Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:32 am

I want to add a quick reply about the farming spot for Star's Design (Hidden Fire Artifact):

It's best to farm Loyaltists in Suramar about 46, 67.5 (where you do the WQ of releaseing prisoners). They respawn extremely quickly and are very weak.
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:22 pm

quest "Sheep Summon Daily Roll" started working.
What do you mean by that? Do you run a LUA command and get a "working" flag?
Norrinir
Global Moderator

Unread postby Norrinir Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:51 pm

Pretty much, yes. IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(43828) started returning true after I hit AK6.
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:56 pm

Pretty much, yes. IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(43828) started returning true after I hit AK6.
Ah, I knew about that. I thought there was "it can be completed now" flag. So, how did it complete?
Phiro

Unread postby Phiro Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:38 pm

Just got the "Yes" after teleporting to the class hall at AK6. I upgraded to AK6, went to try make it work with polymorphing some stuff around the broken isles, which all returned a "No". When I teleported back to the class hall it returned "Yes".
Causese

Unread postby Causese Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:50 pm

just to keep you guys updated:

relogging at the platform where the dala portal (class hall) is and stepping off it triggers the daily roll and eventually a dialogue with cote shepherd metcalf appears along with a sheep that you have to left/rightclick until it exlodes:
https://gyazo.com/54a804fd9d1c277566eeb6dae04f0d71" target="_blank
https://gyazo.com/4a6745af6aa8081019feadbad9458c0b" target="_blank

relog here:
https://gyazo.com/688b0346846e8f50bf48c5044322c3a2" target="_blank

just repeat until u get it, took me 30-40 relog

you need artifact knowledge lvl 6
Shadoworx

Unread postby Shadoworx Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:26 pm

The odds for the Arcane daily roll must be 1% or lower, as I've passed 100 relogs and not seen a successful roll.

To think that is is meant to be a DAILY roll is disgusting. Is this really what they meant when they said "hardest to find appearance"?

From your gif, I can only assume that the sheep nest in Stormheim will have something special there.
Nicecold

Unread postby Nicecold Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:49 pm

The odds for the Arcane daily roll must be 1% or lower, as I've passed 100 relogs and not seen a successful roll.

To think that is is meant to be a DAILY roll is disgusting. Is this really what they meant when they said "hardest to find appearance"?

From your gif, I can only assume that the sheep nest in Stormheim will have something special there.
I've been relogging for a bit now with no luck. They really couldn't think of anything fun for us to do instead...?
Gesundheit

Unread postby Gesundheit Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:10 pm

Just as a note, I went around and sheep'd the known animals around the Broken Isle and ported back to the class hall and get a "Yes" for my QuestCompleted. Please note that this is the first time I've sheep'd the known animals. I'm wondering if maybe you have to sheep them everyday and then teleport back to get a "Yes"?
Causese

Unread postby Causese Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:39 pm

I've been relogging for a bit now with no luck. They really couldn't think of anything fun for us to do instead...?
it's probably not intended that it can be triggered more than once a day :roll:

anyway, after exploding it you need to search around greywatch (stormheim) for another sheep and explode it by right-clicking.

after that go to tower of azora in ewlynn forest.... and I'll leave the rest spoiler free :lol:

got muhh staff!
https://gyazo.com/f71415ccbe39d4f67f7762f75eeb219f" target="_blank
tomboat

Unread postby tomboat Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:40 pm

I'm starting to feel as if there is another requirement to get the volatile sheep to spawn. I'm AK 6 and I've sheeped the 5 mobs. I've been logging in and out for at least 2 hours and still nothing...
Strikeapose

Unread postby Strikeapose Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:44 pm

If you can truly get the Arcane by logging in/out when the quest event is "Daily", I wonder if you can do the same thing with the Frost Artifact? AK6 and still no damn Frostfire Remembrance.

Edit: Looks like on 9/27 they hotfixed the prot warrior appearance so you couldn't log in/log out to reset it and now it's daily. If you still can for the Arcane one it'll probably get fixed quickly. I hate this RNG tied to the hidden appearances.
Last edited by Strikeapose on Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”