Mage Hidden Artifact Appearances

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
gerbodis

Re: Mage Hidden Artifact Appearances

Unread postby gerbodis Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:16 pm

Couple of thoughts:

Since the sheep 'exploded' is referenced for some of the sheep I have been getting the targets to low hp, polymorphing them then killing them with arcane explosion who knows if its important

Also in regards to the Enraged Volatile Elwyn Sheep, there is that gnome in Elwynn East of Stormwind in the mountains that has that sheep farm. One of the sheep is a mechanical sheep that explodes when you hit it and kills anything around it.

Im trying to find away to have it kill all the sheep in the area to see if something happens.
Ilvermorny

Unread postby Ilvermorny Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:50 pm

Okay I have done a lot of testing, here is what I found.

1. I tested the theory of using Aluneth to "explode" a sheep. I tested with a hippogryph, kited it to an arcane brazier and waited for the effect to kick in. Turns out this only works out of combat. I invised, immediately got the charge, but zero interaction after that. Hippogryph eventually evade bugged and flew away.

2. I've ran around Broken Isles sheeping critters (with crittermorph glyph). So far nothing, but I'd like to find a huge group of them to sheep.

3. I went into the academy, spent a lot of time in costume trying to interact with everyone. Only Filch has interaction but repeated clicks yielded the same communication every time. I've tried invising in several areas on the off-chance something was hidden and can only be seen invisible.

4. Repeat sheeping mobs seems to waste my time, and possibly annoy the critters.

5. Shepherd isnt up because theres a WQ there today. I have a hard time thinking he may be involved if a WQ takes priority over him.

6. We know Cote has something to do with this, and we know we have to explode sheep. We don't know where Cote is, but I feel like he is going to give us a quest to explode sheep. Also the quest is "Explode Summoned Sheep". I believe Summoned is a key word here. I think that might be the wrong direction, I think we need to find something, or find Cote. Maybe Cote is disguised as a sheep somewhere... Not sure.

7. Now the fun part.... The infamous dead sheep.

Exhibit A:

The sheep are in the shape of Aluneth. The three sheep in the middle are the gold artifacts. Do you need all three golds to be able to interact with this... sheep summoning circle?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c8tjdyx9b8fzw ... h.jpg?dl=0" target="_blank

Exhibit B:

The sheep are on hay that look like they MIGHT be part of the world map?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jmld7bgpxd00z ... y.jpg?dl=0" target="_blank

Exhibit C:

If this is a theory, then perhaps by laying this map of northrend over this pile of hay, we see that the sheeps nose is pointing in Storm Peaks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/avdghzy11ikzv ... 3.jpg?dl=0" target="_blank

I didn't think they were incorporating much old world with the artifacts, but these sheep mean something, and the hay certainly looks like a map of Azeroth. Is this too little of a coincidence?
Arteis

Unread postby Arteis Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:27 am

So I treated the dead sheep shaped like aluneth as an arrow and I found a second Aluneth shaped bit of landscape. If you follow the direction the dead sheep aluneth would be pointing you run into this

imgur.com/G3JPbag

The easiest way to find it is to go just north of the N in HIGHMOUNTAIN when you have the broken isles map up, as seen below.

imgur.com/RjvL079
skyl3lazer

Unread postby skyl3lazer Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:12 am

Are we actually sure that the Fire appearance has been found? It doesn't seem to have been looted on live and the method for acquiring it seemed fairly placeholder in Beta. Who 'confirmed' how it was obtained, and when?
gerbodis

Unread postby gerbodis Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:48 am

Exhibit A:

The sheep are in the shape of Aluneth. The three sheep in the middle are the gold artifacts. Do you need all three golds to be able to interact with this... sheep summoning circle?

The sheep seem to be in the shape of aluneth but those EGGS! I keep feeling like they are supposed to be the golden dragon (elite) traits. They don't line up with the rest of the traits like you posted but if you rotate the image they line up perfectly to each other at least. THey are equidistant from each other as in the talent trait window.

Now time for even more random speculation.... 2 of the three traits refer to explosions could it be that we have to have unlocked these traits and use them on the sheep target mobs? Below is an image of the tooltips:

Maybe that is what will make this so hard, just the fact that its going to take forever to unlock everything?

Of course it could be a chicken or the egg scenario, as in they made the quest refer to explosions because so much of arcane is about exploding things and could have nothing to do with these traits.
Searix

Unread postby Searix Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:10 am

The fire appearance was apparently a beta drop from suramar mobs, who no longer drop it.

No one currently knows how to get fire appearance.
Kortap

Unread postby Kortap Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:06 am

Apparently the ret one has just been solved on mmo-champion, a guy went to the beta and managed to unlock the datamined dialogues related to the skin. The reason why it worked on beta and not on live is because his artifact knowledge (not to confuse artifact knowledge with artifact level, knowledge is the one you can upgrade only every 5 days or so) is somewhere around 20 on beta I believe, way higher than it is possible to get on live at the moment. Since 2/3 of the mage appearances contain those "daily roll" -quests which no has managed to trigger yet, I believe that the mage ones are gated too, even the fire one might still be a drop from suramar mobs, its simply not dropping since no one has a AK level high enough. The gating is pretty disapointing to be honest, this was a great timesink especially before raids unlock, but looking for something that probably is not obtainable at the moment seems stupid to me.

If any of you could still access the beta, might be worth trying the strategies there instead
gerbodis

Unread postby gerbodis Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:18 am

This is not conclusive proof of it being bugged.

A feral druid linked a screenshot of a conversation with a GM regarding the feral artifact. This seems to insinuate that the GM saw something about the Feral Druid Hidden artifact being bugged, possibly about something with the "roll".

This not does mean that our Artifact skin is bugged, nor does that mean that the Feral Druid skin is bugged either but it could be the case. Just know, there have been many cases in the past where a GM's information was incorrect.

There may be a pre-req, might not be live yet or it may be bugged. We can't know for sure.
I was just thinking of trying to log in beta and test out the fully powered artifact but thats on the PVP server and you cannot go to the broken isles there so i wouldnt be able to do anything since i never hit 110 on beta leveling realm.
zalix44

Unread postby zalix44 Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:16 am

RE: Exhibit B above, my interpretation was what you have marked as Kalimdor is Northrend, so rotate the map 90 degrees. That was my initial thought at least.
Houndstooth

Unread postby Houndstooth Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:31 am

There's a map on the other pillar of that section of the Mage Order Hall that's yellow and looks like a different version of the Broken Isles before they were broken, it has arrows pointing and "X"s on it, has anyone tried to match that up to areas in the isles now?

Other thoughts:

Magister Varenthas has only 2 dialogue options and one of them is about Old Fillmaff, if he is somehow related to our hidden appearance since he's standing in front of it, maybe this is a lead? http://www.wowhead.com/item=139880/old- ... bled-notes is a quest item that points to arcane tomes, but I don't recall having gotten this quest from him yet.

If the Frosh hat has anything to do with this, is it possible it's connected to the http://www.wowhead.com/item=131744/key- ... as-academy rare? Maybe we need to go to the time lost version of the academy to interact with some kind of mage studying polymorphic spells?
gerbodis

Unread postby gerbodis Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:13 am

Other thoughts:

Magister Varenthas has only 2 dialogue options and one of them is about Old Fillmaff, if he is somehow related to our hidden appearance since he's standing in front of it, maybe this is a lead? http://www.wowhead.com/item=139880/old- ... bled-notes is a quest item that points to arcane tomes, but I don't recall having gotten this quest from him yet.
Ill look into the map, in regards to Fillmaff i know for the frost artifact questline you need to talk to him and Varenthas is the one that tells you to go talk to him. So I think the thats his only purpose
Iced

Unread postby Iced Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:21 pm

Apparently the ret one has just been solved on mmo-champion, a guy went to the beta and managed to unlock the datamined dialogues related to the skin. The reason why it worked on beta and not on live is because his artifact knowledge (not to confuse artifact knowledge with artifact level, knowledge is the one you can upgrade only every 5 days or so) is somewhere around 20 on beta I believe, way higher than it is possible to get on live at the moment. Since 2/3 of the mage appearances contain those "daily roll" -quests which no has managed to trigger yet, I believe that the mage ones are gated too, even the fire one might still be a drop from suramar mobs, its simply not dropping since no one has a AK level high enough. The gating is pretty disapointing to be honest, this was a great timesink especially before raids unlock, but looking for something that probably is not obtainable at the moment seems stupid to me.

If any of you could still access the beta, might be worth trying the strategies there instead

That paladin was artifact level 21. I'll hit 21 tomorrow so I'll farm Suramar for a bit just in case.
Teadan

Unread postby Teadan Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:03 pm

Exhibit A:

The sheep seem to be in the shape of aluneth but those EGGS! I keep feeling like they are supposed to be the golden dragon (elite) traits. They don't line up with the rest of the traits like you posted but if you rotate the image they line up perfectly to each other at least. THey are equidistant from each other as in the talent trait window.

Now time for even more random speculation.... 2 of the three traits refer to explosions could it be that we have to have unlocked these traits and use them on the sheep target mobs? Below is an image of the tooltips:

Maybe that is what will make this so hard, just the fact that its going to take forever to unlock everything?

Of course it could be a chicken or the egg scenario, as in they made the quest refer to explosions because so much of arcane is about exploding things and could have nothing to do with these traits.
We should try to follow the arrow. It points to the Cove of Nashal, where the destroyed Skyfire lies. Maybe a clue?
Arteis

Unread postby Arteis Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:25 pm

We should try to follow the arrow. It points to the Cove of Nashal, where the destroyed Skyfire lies. Maybe a clue?
I followed the aluneth arrow made of sheep 2 days ago and it leads to another aluneth shaped bit of landscape. I posted links to pics / location. here they are again

imgur.com/G3JPbag

imgur.com/RjvL079
Gryphoon

Unread postby Gryphoon Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:45 pm

Frost: Frostfire Remembrance

This event requires the Tier 2 Teleportation Nexus choice in the Tech Tree.

Assuming you have the Teleportation Nexus, once per day, you may "roll the dice" to try to receive the Artifact skin. To trigger the roll, you must cross the bottom of the stairs in the class hall (on the left or right sides). If the roll results in a success, there will be an emote in the chat log:
Click on any of the portals and you will teleported to Frostfire Ridge and may collect the Artifact Skin.

If the roll results in a failure, there will be no confirmation that you actually made a roll. If you would like to determine if you crossed the line, you may a script to check if you've completed this quest.

Note that this only determines if you've made the roll today. A "Yes" means you've made the roll, and if you do not see an emote, that means the roll resulted in a failure. A "No" means you haven't made the roll, and you should move to the bottom of the steps to trigger it.

------

If you need a script to check quest completion, use the following. Replace 44384 with the Quest's ID.

Code: Select all

/run for k, v in pairs({ QuestCompleted = 44384}) do print(format("%s: %s", k, IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(v) and "\124cff00ff00Yes\124r" or "\124cffff0000No\124r")) end
The script does not work anymore. No matter how much you run around the class hall and take portals a "QuestCompleted: No" will always come up.

Edit: If someone else could confirm this it would be great (remember to be in Frost Spec). I can only try this on the char that got the unlock message before but never got the artifact so it could be bugged for me, i.e., I will never be able to get it.
Searix

Unread postby Searix Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:05 am

I followed the aluneth arrow made of sheep 2 days ago and it leads to another aluneth shaped bit of landscape. I posted links to pics / location. here they are again

imgur.com/G3JPbag

imgur.com/RjvL079
Confirming the top sheep (which you can see in the bottom of the picture) points to this 2nd arrow Arteis found (which btw, is in the middle of nowhere in the ocean)

I made a graph as straight as possible for where the next arrow is pointing

Searix

Unread postby Searix Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:32 am

Alternatively, if each sheep is pointing to one of the locations, here's the line for the right sheep

But then why did the the above second site point that way? Just a random shape they picked?
Arteis

Unread postby Arteis Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:39 am

imgur.com/G3JPbag

imgur.com/RjvL079
Confirming the top sheep (which you can see in the bottom of the picture) points to this 2nd arrow Arteis found (which btw, is in the middle of nowhere in the ocean)

Searix. Can you extend the line for the 2nd arrow at the shipwreck to the world map, and all the way across it? It isn't impossible that we might find something in kalimdor.
Causese

Unread postby Causese Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:22 pm

We can confirm that the processes for obtaining these alternate appearances are all in the game and functioning properly. Once you’ve met all the appropriate requirements – some of which involve content that hasn’t yet been released, or will take some time to complete – the appearance will be granted to your character.
:roll:
gerbodis

Unread postby gerbodis Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:38 pm

So i made a straight line from the arrow pointing from the egg/elite traits that I lined up and it points to an islane off the coast of Highmountain that lines up directly with the straight line from the shipwreck you found. There is a shipwreck down there as well but no barrels or anything. One thing that is odd is that once you get to the exact point the straight line points to you get a loading screen and the game reloads

Return to “General Discussion”