Class order hall talent help requested

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
jimme

Class order hall talent help requested

Unread postby jimme Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:50 pm

Hi All.

The time is almost upon us when legion launches. I haven't really been able to find a thread with a discussion about what class order hall talents people percieve to be the best. If it is here somewhere please point me in that direction and ignore this thread.

Anyway. 5 rows of talents:
http://beta.wowdb.com/orderhall/talents/mage" target="_blank

My thinking (no beta access):
Row 1:
a. Arcane Provenance
b. Frost Nova

I'm thinking Frost Nova, as the item upgrade seems rather shorth sighted.

Row 2:
a. Teleportation Nexus
b. Blink

I don't know. Getting around fast for world quests seems rather useful, but on the other hand, faster missions will help level op the followers.

Probably Blink

Row 3:
a. Arcane Library
b. Arcane Armaments

I'm thinking arcane arnamaents to get those champions some item level and fancy equipment.

Row 4:
a. Elemental Power
b. Higher Learning

Thinking Elemental Power as it's an increase to all missions rather than a large increase to some. Then again I dont know if missions with spess are the important ones.

Row 5:
a. Might of Dalaran
b. Arcane Divination

Going with Arcane Divination. Seems like the best option for raiders? But I really dont know.

Row 6:
a. Legends of the Tirisgarde

There is only the one option, so the decision is easy.
Curnivore

Re: Class order hall talent help requested

Unread postby Curnivore Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:17 pm

Teleportation Nexus VS Blink is kinda interesting. On one hand, you spend a lot of time in Legion for World Quests, on the other the missions table can have perks. When I was betaing I did eventually reverted to the portals, but, I start thinking for a main character playing this live, the blinking is better because the world questing might be spending too much time per zone anyway, not needing an excessive use of portals per time spent in zones.
Mortos

Unread postby Mortos Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:49 pm

If you want the Hidden Skin of Frost Artifact you need the Teleport Nexus (random chance to be teleported to Frostfire Ridge instead of destination and get the it)
hasublade

Unread postby hasublade Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:27 pm

If you want the Hidden Skin of Frost Artifact you need the Teleport Nexus (random chance to be teleported to Frostfire Ridge instead of destination and get the it)
i wonder if i need to have ebonchill equiped for the chance for portal to trigger.
alia

Unread postby alia Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:55 pm

I decided to go with the leveling talents first (1a, 2a, 3b until upgraded, 4 not sure.., 5b does seem the best since it gives you something you'd otherwise have to buy). Once I get 110 and start end game I'll switch to the other talent options as it makes sense.
nathyiel

Unread postby nathyiel Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:37 am

I think the best here is to choose your talent for the moment and then to switch later

Tier 1 : Frost nova isn't useful early but quest item upgrade can help later. Take 1b at dtart then switch to 1a when you have fone with questing.
Tier 2 :Take the Nexus until you obtain the hidden apparence for Ebonchill then go for Blink.
my twitter : @nathyiel
my armory : Nathyiel (DalaranEU)
Frost rocks on cleave but Fire reigns on AoE. Where is Arcane ?
pip

Unread postby pip Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:13 am

I have just unlocked Tier 4 research and I have decided to go with Elemental Power. I think a blanket upgrade to the elementals will be better to get mass missions complete, to level my champions up faster. I have had 2 rare missions pop up so far and neither have required a spell counter..........
Iced

Unread postby Iced Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:32 am

I have just unlocked Tier 4 research and I have decided to go with Elemental Power. I think a blanket upgrade to the elementals will be better to get mass missions complete, to level my champions up faster. I have had 2 rare missions pop up so far and neither have required a spell counter..........
I did the exact opposite - Eventually I figure the only rewards i'll want from missions are going to be from bosses/rares, I'd want these to specifically have high % to succeed.

Return to “General Discussion”