Xavius adds soak

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
Falq

Xavius adds soak

Unread postby Falq Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:59 am

Hey,

Not sure if topic is accurate but I have more general question rather than mage specific. I've been killing yesterday Xavius in EN, and part of this fight is to get full corruption when you have dream buff.

In P1 best way is to soak small adds (giving 30 each)

I succeeded at getting 70+ corruption quite fast but after that I had to wait for my cds and got only 1-2 chances to soak at least 1 of them. I tried standing in front of them, on them, hit them but they usually did not pop on me. Does anyone know any mage-trick to ensure soaking add you want to get buff moment you have your cds up?

Thanks in advance!
Tenebrus

Re: Xavius adds soak

Unread postby Tenebrus Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:42 pm

Well if you have tried standing on top of them or in front of them, and you're still not the getting the corruption, that means someone else is.
Only tip I could give you is to tell other people that they need to scatter as soon as one spawns.
abcisdabawz

Unread postby abcisdabawz Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:23 pm

Well the only thing I could think of is that server delay vs client delay makes you miss some soaks if multiple ppl are standing close.

What I tend to do to soak is the moment it spawns I strafe left right on the spot (with Floes up) quickly to make sure I get the soak. It has so far worked for me. Might not be the reason why I get the soaks though, but yeah, try it out. Maybe it works for you as well.
Falq

Unread postby Falq Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:42 pm

First of all thanks for tips and productive answers!

I did some tries on my warlock yesterday and have to agree with you. Whenever I'm solo to soak them it pop immadiatelly and I get my corruption without problem. If I stay next to add with many people it sometimes gets away. This fight is buged as f**k so there is slight chance I was experienced one of the bugs there. Great fight for fire will have tons of fun on mythic.

Return to “General Discussion”