Emerald Nightmare Tips & Tricks

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
Forminasage

Re: Emerald Nightmare Tips & Tricks

Unread postby Forminasage Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:32 pm

Boss: Nythendra (Mythic)
Spec: All
Tip:
Ice Block does not prevent you from gaining, and will not clear, stacks of Infested! What this means is:
a) you can use Ice Block to safely gain a lot of Infested stacks shortly before Infested Mind is cast if you're trying to force it out, or
b) you can accidentally end up mind controlled when you're trying not to be, if you're trying to avoid damage from (or safely place) Rot or Infested Breath.
Keep an eye on those stacks and know when you can Ice Block appropriately.
I may be wrong but I think this may have been hotfixed. I used Ice block on our kill yesterday and did not gain any stacks from rot puddles on the ground as they were moving through me during her recharge phase.
I have a feeling it does prevent stacks from Rot that's already been placed on the floor, but before it gets placed, if it's on you, Ice Block only prevents the damage but not the stacks. I'd need to test it again but alas, Nythendra is dead until Thursday for me.
Xzaar

Unread postby Xzaar Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:12 am

Will we get a Halls of Valor Tips and Tricks thread anytime soon?
ardomur

Unread postby ardomur Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:45 pm

If we do get another one of those threads for Nighthold:
On Trilliax gnomes are once again the best race XD You can stand still while he does the Blast turning thingy, it goes over the head of gnomes (tested it with the 3 in raid) and they don't take damage at all.
Don't know it it works for Goblins, maybe they are to tall
yarafx1

Unread postby yarafx1 Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:33 pm

For what its worth on Spell Blade if playing Arcane, conserve your second arcane power for the Arcane Add phase, I went from 9th on charts to 1st during that one burn phase. Hitting each add on CD with a 4C Arcane Explosion quickly shot me to first and destroyed the adds.
Amonnes

Unread postby Amonnes Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:22 pm

For what its worth on Spell Blade if you can try buzz bingo bonus codes and conserve your second arcane power Arcane Add phase, I went from 9th on charts to 1st during that one burn phase. Hitting each add on CD with a 4C Arcane Explosion quickly shot me to first and destroyed the adds.
Wow chev, thanks for all those helpful tips!

Return to “General Discussion”