Mage Class Hall Mount

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
Vulcan622

Mage Class Hall Mount

Unread postby Vulcan622 Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:14 pm

Is anyone a little disgruntled that we (and Paladin's for that fact) have the most un-unique mount announced at blizzcon?

I feel that no effort went into designing us something new and instead took a mount already in game, removed the cloud, and painted it purple.

This is an honest question. Also, if anyone is over there at blizzcon, can you ask them why?
Curnivore

Re: Mage Class Hall Mount

Unread postby Curnivore Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:50 pm

There are three versions. This is the arcane version. Watcher tweeted about it.
Vulcan622

Unread postby Vulcan622 Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:08 am

That still doesn't change the fact that Arcane's mount is absolutely a ripoff of the MoP mount with just a color change. I guess I'm more frustrated than the rest since I main a Arcane mage. Everyone else's mounts are so amazing and unique save for Arcane's and Pallys. I feel like they just didn't want to spend any more time on Mages than the rest of the group which is an utter shame. I just wish they would comment on it and tell us why they ended up just reskinning the MoP mount.
Korribard

Unread postby Korribard Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:52 am

Give me talent specific mounts that make sense. Let me turn into ice incarnate and slide like Ice-Man. Let me use combustion to be as flame and SOAR through the air like the Human Torch. Let me weave the arcane into some mystical conjured all-beast upon which I will lay prone in relaxation, eating many a grape.

But nope.

Here's your effing hubcap. Enjoy.

Thanks.
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:53 pm

Phoenix for fire anyone?
Embers

Unread postby Embers Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:11 pm

I'm pretty sure the only difference between specs will be the color of the disc and the types of magical "orbs" on the edge of it.
Darkwraith01

Unread postby Darkwraith01 Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:54 pm

Couldn't agree more. Looks like shit. I can imagine a human mage flying on that shit (it will still suck), but my Forsaken one? I saw the DK, DH and Warrior versions, they rock! We could have a blue drake (a.k.a. Malygos), a magic being that we could use to fly, a Phoenix (for fire mages, for example), an ethereal mount, etc, etc.. But that disc looks stupid as hell.

Mages always get screwed up when it comes to this sort of thing. Tier gear are all made to look good on a Human Mage. I think that except for the Cataclysm First Tier Gear (the flaming skull one), all other mage Tiers look like crap on my Forsaken.
Gruks

Unread postby Gruks Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:23 pm

I heard a myth that there's one player who like this mount.

I'm now sad cause I was choosing between playing shaman and mage and picked up mage...

Hope they will change this...

And btw - I guess Blizz also this this is shit, becuase in the promo video mage's mount is seen for the lowest amount of time :P
Orev

Unread postby Orev Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:48 pm

We are almost as powerful as Khadgar... why can we not get a raven shapeshift like him?

But if that's too druidy, I agree:
Phoenix for Fire
Ride our water elemental for Frost
Arcane Barrage (like HFC portals) for Arcane
Tagain

Unread postby Tagain Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:00 pm

We are almost as powerful as Khadgar... why can we not get a raven shapeshift like him?
Khadgar only turns into a raven because he wields Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian.

Besides that I agree except for the Frost one. Riding the Water Elemental would look quite strange I think

Return to “General Discussion”