lvl70 xp cap raiding

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
thingy

lvl70 xp cap raiding

Unread postby thingy Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:32 pm

Out of boredom a couple of friends and I have decided to attempt to do some BC raids as lvl70 xp capped characters with no boas, modern gems/enchants, etc. Just gear from heroic 5 mans. Anyways, I've been running 5 man heroics as frost and the damage is pretty good, but I was wondering how it would compare to arcane and fire in actual raids. There's not much haste gear, no mastery, and no mage bombs. Mostly int/crit stuff so maybe fire would be best? You can't get combustion at lvl70 though!

I know it's not a big deal and it's just for fun, but being a heroic raider and all it makes it tough not to be competitive. Has anyone had any experience with this? We're probably going to run 8 people for Karazhan to start to try and make it a challenge.
zhengma

Re: lvl70 xp cap raiding

Unread postby zhengma Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:58 am

1. It's doubtlessly a very good idea. In fact I have some even wilder dreams: Blizzard is squeezing stats in 6.0 while insisting that "it won't alter the difficulty in soloing older instances". I don't know how exactly Blizzard is gonna achieve that (if you have some news unknown to me, please do reply!!), but I guess it's implemented by giving a buff to the players the moment they enter an old instance. In that case, could we have options regarding the strength of the buff so that we can replicate the feeling of "raid Karazhan in TBC end-game gear" or "raid Sunwell Plateau in Cata end-game gear" or "raid ICC in MoP end-game gear", to name but a few examples for you to get the idea?

2. I think in this scenario, the rotation will be way easier without Mastery: 4-charge AB (and use up all AM proc) till OOM, pop gem, AB & AM till OOM again, Evocation, rinse and repeat. I've never raided in TBC (I started my WoW 9 months ago after 5.4 was out), but is that the way we magi do it at some point?
Chev
Global Moderator

Unread postby Chev Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:34 pm

Slightly off topic, but to answer the 1st responders question...
I don't know how exactly Blizzard is gonna achieve that (if you have some news unknown to me, please do reply!!), but I guess it's implemented by giving a buff to the players the moment they enter an old instance.
This is taken from the Beta patch notes (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/134234 ... tat_squish" target="_blank)
It's important to understand that this isn't a nerf, and we have special handling in place to preserve players’ existing ability to solo old content. Players will deal bonus damage against lower-level creatures from past expansions, and will take reduced damage from them.
csirmi

Unread postby csirmi Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:59 am

2. I think in this scenario, the rotation will be way easier without Mastery: 4-charge AB (and use up all AM proc) till OOM, pop gem, AB & AM till OOM again, Evocation, rinse and repeat. I've never raided in TBC (I started my WoW 9 months ago after 5.4 was out), but is that the way we magi do it at some point?
Your health and mana regeneration are increased under max level, so you probably be a one button dps :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”