The FAIL Thread

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
Myxel

Re: The FAIL Thread

Unread postby Myxel Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:50 am

Using Darmac trinket as Fire and thinking it's my Oregorger trinket proccing (due to same texture.)

No wonder my crits were shit.
Alastar

Unread postby Alastar Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:14 pm

I have my disenchanting ability keybound as I'm the DE of my raid group and spend most of the night DEing all the epics we get in BRF HC. The keybound is relatively safe (ctrl+mb2), not something I should randomly click.

One night on BH heroic, we were in the middle of the demolition in P1 and I'm running away from the orange mark on the ground while dpsing BH thanks to Aspect of the Fox. By mistake I press C and open my char window, I don't pay attention to it in the moment and continue casting while moving. All of the sudden I hear a recognizable "ping" sound.

I look at my char window and my second trinket has disappeared! Turns out I had opened my char window, hovered my mouse over the trinket icon, muscle spasmed my ctrl and mb2 at the same time and disenchanted my trinket. All of this would never have happened as I was moving if aspect of the fox was not on.

I ticketed a GM and had it replaced within 5 minutes, I <3 that GM for responding so quickly.

Funniest fail I have ever done in this game, and there have been others ^^.
Stressball

Unread postby Stressball Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:06 pm

I think you just won this thread.
magictricks

Unread postby magictricks Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:17 am

gameorg

Unread postby gameorg Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:10 am

I have my Supernova/Blastwave/IceNova and Blink both bound to Mouse Wheel.

Mouswheel up = Blink
Mousewheel down = AE Nuke

I run this bindings for a few years now and thats probably why i didnt change it yet despite some obvious risks. Very rarely, (like lets say once in 60 Bosses) it happens, that i blink forward while spamming mousewheel down to Nova.

This week, it happened, that i blinked into 5 Mines and crushed our Melee Camp on Blackhand while actually trying to use Super Nova.

Its at the end of the Video (08:00) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x961K53 ... e=youtu.be" target="_blank

Gladly my raid reacted quite friendly, and was more wondered about how a mage can trigger the mines in P1 :D
Coldpsyker

Unread postby Coldpsyker Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:45 am

This is more PVP, but I have my Ice Block macro-ed to "R"
And my Every Man for Himself macro-ed to "T"

I get hit with a CC, cue me hitting both buttons at the same time...

No more major defensive cooldowns for me- enemy team then trained me and I died...
Rabona

Unread postby Rabona Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:02 pm

Mouswheel up = Blink

I run this bindings for a few years now and thats probably why i didnt change it yet despite some obvious risks. Very rarely, (like lets say once in 60 Bosses) it happens, that i blink forward while spamming mousewheel down to Nova.

This week, it happened, that i blinked into 5 Mines and crushed our Melee Camp on Blackhand while actually trying to use Super Nova.

Its at the end of the Video (08:00) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x961K53 ... e=youtu.be" target="_blank

Gladly my raid reacted quite friendly, and was more wondered about how a mage can trigger the mines in P1 :D
Wiping out a few melees is never a bad thing.
lhiannan

Unread postby lhiannan Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:42 pm

Well, I really can't remember all of my fails, but here are some of them that happend during WoD:

Just this week I died at Xhul'horac becauce I used blink to put my green aoe down at the edge of the cliff. Bad thing I still pressed "w" while blinking so I just took my last step - off the cliff. In the same way I once jumped right into a pit at Kargath while kiting one of the tigers. More than once I blinked right into a train at thogar...
So blink-fails are quite common for me and when my raidlead explaines new tactics, he always adds: "and no, it is not okay to panic-blink in this situation..."

At Darcmac I once got our main tank pinned down by a spear, because I stood in melee range to kill the adds with arcane explosion - and my feeling for the boss mechanics weren't yet good enough to blink out in time.

At Ka'graz I ripped a healer because I used greater Invis without checking if I really was alone in the circle of molten torrent. Same happend recently at Velhari.

And last but not least I can't count how often I used my teleportation to "old dalaran" accidentally ... especially funny when hitting "teleportation" and then using the time to do some thinks afk...
hawk9378

Unread postby hawk9378 Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:37 pm

Yelling at everyone to get behind pillar for kromogs roar, I was the only one not behind it :(

Blinking to get out of iron reavers blitz, I ended up blinking into it, after he dropped me I invised, blinked to get out of the second blitz, blinked into that one too, and died
Shadoworx

Unread postby Shadoworx Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:24 pm

So...

I use alter time on kilrogg in the Visions room to increase my health pool in that fight, but I unexpectedly got nuked by a fiend that sent me out. I instinctively hit alter time again, and got sent back to the vision room (because it's less than 100 yards from the fight area). The next vision group didn't appear in the room I was in, either being phased out or in another copy of the vision room, so I had no way out.

And that was it, I was stuck in that room for the rest of the pull. I was still targeted by heart seeker and death throes through the ceiling, and managed to walk out of the room and under the raid. When my vision group came around in the cycle again, I wasn't there to go in (and we didn't have a backup ready), and it all fell apart from there. I got nice screenshots of the underside of HFC, though.
Chiv

Unread postby Chiv Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:53 pm

So...

I use alter time on kilrogg in the Visions room to increase my health pool in that fight, but I unexpectedly got nuked by a fiend that sent me out. I instinctively hit alter time again, and got sent back to the vision room (because it's less than 100 yards from the fight area). The next vision group didn't appear in the room I was in, either being phased out or in another copy of the vision room, so I had no way out.

And that was it, I was stuck in that room for the rest of the pull. I was still targeted by heart seeker and death throes through the ceiling, and managed to walk out of the room and under the raid. When my vision group came around in the cycle again, I wasn't there to go in (and we didn't have a backup ready), and it all fell apart from there. I got nice screenshots of the underside of HFC, though.
Lmao wut, did you still get like the buff and stuff? You think there is any benefit to this lol

One of the kinda 'fails' I've done recently is on Zakuun right after the pull. You see the barrier to like let you out doesn't come out until about like 5-10 seconds into the fight. I do my 4 AB and right as I hit prismatic crystal and click to set it down, the barrier comes up and pushes my camera in. I proceed to put my crystal right on top of me, in like melee range.....I cry every time
Zelendria

Unread postby Zelendria Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:47 pm

Ah yes lol the Zakuun gate that screws your camera :lol:

Majority of my fails usually revolve around Blink. Most recent was on Socrethar, getting the purple debuff and blinking to the other side to drop it near green to make room... What I thought was a safe blink to drop the debuff turned out to be about 1yd too far and I blew up.

I did once pull Gruul with my wand. 96dps FTW.
Camjee

Unread postby Camjee Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:36 am

Somehow got hit by marked for death on blackhand in p1 by walking infront of the pile 1-2~ seconds before he sent the marks out.

Our hunter died earlier so CR was on a 2min CD. Priest healer died later in the fight and got ressed. Spent 7 out of the 8 min long fight dead on my first Mythic Blackhand kill... I still get shit about it

https://youtu.be/W5xwMPCdU-A?t=107" target="_blank
Deft

Unread postby Deft Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:56 pm

Camjee, I saw that video on reddit a while ago! Pretty good stuff.
<Nomad> US - Hyjal, 7/7M HM, 10/10M BRF
Devidose

Unread postby Devidose Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:14 am

Mouswheel up = Blink

Back in TBC when the group I raided with were recruiting we had a gnome mage come along for a heroic Shattered Halls run. The very first set of mobs we tasked him to CC one of the mobs for the pull.

Due to his keybindings/toolbar layout he had polymorph right next to blink.

Cue a gnome blinking straight into 4/5 orcs and pulling them all.

He was with us for about 5 years after that :D
If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
Mikolas100

Unread postby Mikolas100 Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:15 pm

This one's from a bit ago, but when my guild was progressing mythic Thogar, i had at some point accidentally pressed shift-up or something like that, causing my main action bar to get swapped out with one of the other ones. When we were about to pull, i tried to precast my pyroblast, but instead blinked directly into the boss, getting melee'd and dying.

My guild still haven't let me forget it D:
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:06 am

Fellow testing buddies will know why I post this.

Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Zelendria

Unread postby Zelendria Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:30 pm

I had a buggy UI last night where I couldn't equip my sets with the button so I did it manually. It's only 2 item changes for my Frost set how hard can it be..... :lol:

At Xhul
Throw my first WJ hit 2 charges go for a third having 4pc... Nothing WJ finished.
This goes on the whole fight.

Relog when the fight finishes claiming to be properly bugged out, and only notice when I come back on that I unequipped my 4pc.
DeathDefier
Global Moderator

Unread postby DeathDefier Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:00 pm

I had a buggy UI last night where I couldn't equip my sets with the button so I did it manually. It's only 2 item changes for my Frost set how hard can it be..... :lol:
I don't personally use the equipment manager, but I always hear people complaining about this happening. I would suggest getting an addon that does the same thing.
Rinoa
Administrator

Unread postby Rinoa Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:40 am

When I first started my trial for MCO, I was thrown straight into Thogar progress. On the very first pull with them as a guild I died to the very first train, since I was messing around with my UI, bossmods or something like that. Not the worst fail, but it certainly felt awful to start with.
Twitter
Armory

Issues with a moderator or moderating action? Send me a PM.

Return to “General Discussion”