Things they could have done to the Mage mount

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
Tipsey

Things they could have done to the Mage mount

Unread postby Tipsey Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:16 pm

Things they could have done to the mage class hall mount that would have made it not a complete disaster:

1) Allow us to use it in our order hall.
Spoiler:
Like they showed in the cinematic when you get it!
2) Its a flying disc. They could have given it water strider treatment and allowed us to glide over water with it.

Feel free to add to this list.
WhiteVulpine

Re: Things they could have done to the Mage mount

Unread postby WhiteVulpine Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:40 pm

I am just so disappointed in this mount. I understand if this was an arcane mount, but for fire or frost I wouldve expected ,you know, a phoenix mount. For frost I would've expected I don't know, something kind of like Slipstream in the Incredibles. Arcane, maybe a tiny sheep :-3
hwantaw

Unread postby hwantaw Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:42 am

Given it any movement animations at all.It doesn't even swerve when we turn.
hwantaw

Unread postby hwantaw Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:43 am

Also, the arcane one looks awful compared to the fire and frost ones they quickly cobbled together after angry feedback about purple for all specs.
kickassZA

Unread postby kickassZA Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:54 pm

In the wise words of the Altered time discord. We are flying a huge fidget spinner boys. As a 12 year old who cant concentrate. This is the best mount.

The only thing that I love about this mount is the frost noise it makes as you try mount. And the fire one goes like "Woosh". I haven't heard the Arcane mount noise.
Immortalis

Unread postby Immortalis Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:17 pm

Idk I kind of started identifying with an A-10 as soon as I had afterburners :D :D :D ... (yes I know they have turbines.)

From the previews I had pretty low expectations for it, so I was surprised by how it looked.

Giving it the ability to glide on water would of been epic.
music49

Unread postby music49 Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:20 pm

I had a conversation with my guildies about this. A couple ideas we had

Our barriers would have been cool for each spec

Path of frost for frost mage and it leaves behind a short trial like in the incredibles

The arcane bird we ride on assaulting the broken shore

Combustion for fire (Human Torch)

A glacier spike like the rocket mounts

Blink in the up direction? (not sure how to balance that as a mount form, but jumper style

just a few we came up with
Lynix

Unread postby Lynix Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:54 am

The dream (for me at least) would've been a flight form like mount, but it turns you into a raven or something else instead. Like Medivh, I know the raven form is sort of his thing, but I still really want it.

Druids new flying got an added seat, so I don't see why giving mages an instant flight form would be too much of a stretch.
crucio

Unread postby crucio Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:10 pm

I would have liked just a rune to fly on, something similar to Rune of Power would be simple and pretty badass. The disk is fine but it should feel like I am flying on pure magic rather than a hoverboard.
OnlyRoke

Unread postby OnlyRoke Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:25 pm

I still wish we would've gotten like a mana wyrm, or maybe a massive, flapping spell book. Maybe that would've looked to similar to the Mind Worm or would've looked silly with a flapping animation, but it'd be still better than the flying toilet seat. The only good thing about it is the particle effects.
sawbossnl

Unread postby sawbossnl Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:25 pm

For fire i woult have loved if they made this as our class mount
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/gQC7dzCjmaw/hqdefault.jpg

For frost this woult have been amazing
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/rNn8kd3LR7M/hqdefault.jpg

For arcane i woult have loved
https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/sa ... 0901125818

Now if you think about it it isnt actualy a mount but if you think about the mage they controll the element fire frost arcane. Shaman they controll the elementals power so there mount is spot on

We just have to turn into fire,frost,arcane and than be able to fly in human form that woult be so much beter or have like a pool of fire and path of frost and a cloud of arcane power in the feets. That woult make the mage class mount a good one

A simple disk just becauese they didnt want to spent more time in it is simply stupid
alia

Unread postby alia Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:12 pm

I turned up the particle effects and now I actually don't mind this mount. I do with some of the OPs suggestions were implemented (especially the water strider bit), but overall I've accepted our fate.

I do appreciate how small the mount is; it never blocks objectives or NPCs like some of the others.

Return to “General Discussion”