Most Fun Spec?

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
Delandel

Most Fun Spec?

Unread postby Delandel Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:24 am

What Mage spec do you consider the most fun spec to play and why?

I think overall I enjoy Fire the most because I like the aesthetics of Fire and the rotation, while very simple, is fast-paced and very mobile. I STILL don't have those darn wrists which is beyond frustrating however.

Frost is my second favorite and was by far my favorite at the start of the expansion. I really enjoy the process of keeping up Icy Veins as long as possible; your skill at keeping it up was directly tied to your overall performance and it was such a great feeling. For this reason I LOVED the Ray of Frost build where if you were really good you could get two RoFs off during Icy Veins for insane damage; the patch changes since then have been unappealing to me and I particularly don't enjoy the GS build.

I've tried really hard to like Arcane but I just can't. Maybe it's because I suck at it, but it feels clunky and not mobile in the same way as the other specs. AE spam for AOE is not satisfying in the slightest to me. Also the particle effects could use a facelift, particularly bread and butter spells like Arcane Blast.
killsophia

Re: Most Fun Spec?

Unread postby killsophia Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:20 am

I like Fire now even it's ranking really low in ST dps. Imagine in doing WQ, you pull so many mobs that you feel like a tank, but you nuke them so fast with fire-ly fabulous animation that all the tanks are envying you. That's the feel of a fire mage right now.

And yeah, when in m+ sometimes the tank pulls a little bit too many trash and die, and you've already AOEed them so they're all rushing towards you; you kite them without losing threats until they're killed by your team or the tank manage to get back. I admit everytime it happens I yell "Mage Tank" in the party.

Was a frost mage. You honed your kitting and cc, and scared players who are not familiar with mages with your water element (long story; don't ask).

Was forced to respec to arcane for a little while in HFC. I basically shouted "look at me" for the first 20s and then went back to relaxing mode since I was BAD at the conservative rotation. Quite a terrible arcane mage.
Be a mage, even a simple, stupid mage.

Return to “General Discussion”