Warcraft Logs

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
tSweezay

Warcraft Logs

Unread postby tSweezay Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:15 pm

Hey y'all! 920 Frost mage here, Popham-Blackhand. I've been comparing my damage with individual boss encounters with top mages and I've discovered I'm not that impressive! Really disappointed with where I rank. Compared to my guild's raid members I am slaying them, but I am running 400k ish less than top mages and I'd like to change that. While I have not discovered what I'm doing rotationally wrong, my biggest concern is the difference in what my intellect shows in game character screen versus what other top frost mages are being showed at on warcraft logs. Fully buffed I am around 49k, and warcraft logs will then show me after that fight around 53k. Other mages I'm seeing are getting 60k intellect and the only difference I'm seeing between gear is them running 1 int trinket (whispers for example), for like 2k int. Why is there such a intellect discrepancy? Any advice or wisdom?!
Xinder

Re: Warcraft Logs

Unread postby Xinder Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:17 pm

Did you by chance catch what ilvl those top frost mages were when they logged what they did? They're likely close to, if not already, 930+ ilvl which would account for at least the intellect difference. As for dmg, could be they have better legos than you or they're doing something different. It would help if you posted a log of one of your fights you're questioning, maybe even a log of someone you're trying to compare yourself to on dmg. Also keep in mind fight length plays a part in dmg as well. The shorter the fight length the higher the dps will be overall. You have less time for the dmg to decay while waiting for a cooldown like IV to come back.
tSweezay

Re: Warcraft Logs

Unread postby tSweezay Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:37 pm

Found the issue! While their item levels are within 1 or 2 points of mine, their weapon are 30+ higher than mine. The difference in the intellect gained from those 30 levels was around 5k intellect. Crazy! But that explains why their spells were hitting harder than mine.

Return to “General Discussion”