Frozen Orb

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
Infernalista

Frozen Orb

Unread postby Infernalista Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:04 pm

Fozen Orb, is there a right way to cast it?
Hello my friends, I've always had a question about frozen orb and the way it works. In the description says that when it deals damage the first time on the enemy it grants us fingers of frost (1 charge). I'm thinking of one Way to decrease the rng way it works.
I've tried everything
Launch under the boss
Launch on boss side
Launch far from boss
Wait 10 to 15 seconds after the fight starts and launch it
Well in all cases the results were different and I could not determine a better way to increase the number of procs.
If anyone knows the secret, if he could share it would be great.

Thank you.
Xinder

Re: Frozen Orb

Unread postby Xinder Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:50 pm

There isn't a secret. It's RNG. Each tick of it while it's out has a chance to give you a FoF charge. That's it. You can't game RNG.
nirdana

Unread postby nirdana Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:46 am

The secret is that it is little buggy, if the boss is pulled away while you cast it, it will travel to the boss and stop. But it will deal no dmg --> no proc.
So the trick is use it under the boss or better time it if you know that the boss will be in move in opposite direction.
Katsumi

Unread postby Katsumi Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:53 am

The same resoning applies if you're targeting a large group that is spread out. To avoid the orb stopping at the first mob on the outside sometimes you want to blink in the middle and hand-deliver it where you need it.

Return to “General Discussion”