Crit Cap and Mr. Robot

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
timlclifton

Crit Cap and Mr. Robot

Unread postby timlclifton Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:02 pm

I finally got to my crit cap (33.34) and Ask Mr. Robot best in bags is telling me to swap out my ring gems and enchants from Crit to haste. That would leave me at 30% or so crit.

Should I listen to Mr. Robot or tell him to suck it?
minigavrin

Re: Crit Cap and Mr. Robot

Unread postby minigavrin Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:40 am

Tell you what. I am not going to go on and on about why Ask Mr. Robot is great except to say I have used them for years and they get nothing but better and better. You go to their discord. You ask your question and you will get a response. They will show you why it is telling you what it is. Their numbers that you get will match logs. They are an exceptional, intelligent group of folks that sleep and eat this kind of stuff. You can bet money that the information you are getting is solid. AMR does so much you would be amazed. You need to familiarize yourself with it. Definitely talk with them. They are good peeps. 8-)
Xinder

Unread postby Xinder Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:34 pm

I finally got to my crit cap (33.34) and Ask Mr. Robot best in bags is telling me to swap out my ring gems and enchants from Crit to haste. That would leave me at 30% or so crit.

Should I listen to Mr. Robot or tell him to suck it?
You can check it against raidbots.com if you want. Raidbots.com uses Simcraft to run it's sims. Likely though it's doing the same thing that AMR is doing and as you get closer to shatter cap or once you hit shatter cap crit gets devalued. That's why it's doing that. You can always just find out what you're new stats are when at shatter cap and then look to replace items that don't have crit on them with items that have your two new best stats. For example replacing a haste mastery item with haste/vers item which is likely what your top two stats are now, correct?
Gokex

Unread postby Gokex Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:41 pm

Sim yourself with both ring enchants and see which has higher DPS

Return to “General Discussion”