Kil'Jaeden Rupturing Singularity blink problems

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
Montar

Kil'Jaeden Rupturing Singularity blink problems

Unread postby Montar Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:00 am

Hey everyone! First post here, but a long time lurker of the forums.

As the title says I have problems with blinking through the Rupturing Singularity from KJ on mythic (if that even matters). Just for clarification, it is the purple explosion which can knock you off the platform. I did search on the forums here for answers already, in the Tomb of Sargeras tips and tricks thread to be exact. This was the point being made:

* Blink/Shimmer shortly after the Rupturing Singularity lands (roughly when you reach the peak of your arch backwards) to return to the spot you were standing in.

I have tried basically everything, but still can't manage to return to the spot I was standing in. Most of the time I'm just reaching the edge of the platform when the Rupturing Singularity explodes in the middle.

I also watched video's but I'm still not really noticing any difference compared to myself. What am I doing wrong here?

Greetings,

Montar.
nickseng

Re: Kil'Jaeden Rupturing Singularity blink problems

Unread postby nickseng Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:36 am

* Blink/Shimmer shortly after the Rupturing Singularity lands (roughly when you reach the peak of your arch backwards) to return to the spot you were standing in.
I blink as soon as singularity lands, not shortly, and that always returns me to the same spot. If your actually outside of the platform when you try to blink, it's probably too late.
Montar

Unread postby Montar Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:43 am

I blink as soon as singularity lands, not shortly, and that always returns me to the same spot. If your actually outside of the platform when you try to blink, it's probably too late.
Yes I try to blink as soon as possible, but when I'm flying because of the singularity, if I blink then I always land more backwards. Most of the time just on the edge of the platform. Do I just need to watch the timers and basically blink before my mind realized it even happened? Or do I just need to wait for the moment when I'm flying away and then blink asap?
nirdana

Unread postby nirdana Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:26 pm

I think you've learne arcane momentum. It causes right the thing you described. It blinks backwards cause you're moving backwards.
Just unlearn the arcane momentum and it will be fine :)
Montar

Unread postby Montar Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:26 pm

I think you've learne arcane momentum. It causes right the thing you described. It blinks backwards cause you're moving backwards.
Just unlearn the arcane momentum and it will be fine :)
Oh wow I think that's actually it. I will try it out next raid, thanks for the heads up! Cheers :)
Makz

Unread postby Makz Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:29 am

Most likely caused by the glyph as people mentioned. On our kill yesterday which I recorded I tend to blink both very early right after the hit or even with 1 full second delay to aim for incoming armageddon, always worked fine for 200 pulls or so.
Streaming Keys RIP Altered-time forum interface

Return to “General Discussion”