Antorus Trinket Thoughts

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
Klik

Antorus Trinket Thoughts

Unread postby Klik Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:34 pm

I'll start this post by stating I have run ZERO sims & don't know how well simulationcraft is currently handling the Antorus trinkets. From what I can tell, the theorycrafting on these is very much a work in progress. Lacking rigorous insight into how these trinkets are going to perform, I'm providing my best educated (but wild-ass) guess & asking for feedback/thoughts. When applicable, please provide source links/data.

First trinket

I expect all specs will use 1 path of the titans trinket as soon as they're available (obviously, we have no idea how the drop is going to work)

Second Trinket

Arcano Crystal - I imagine this is still BIS if you get lucky and proc a high ilvl arcano crystal

Sheath of Asara - Likely single target contender for frost, especially if it's proc rate is high

Acrid Catalyst Injector - I'm under the impression this is a strong contender for arcane and possible for single target situations for fire, especially if Sheath of Asara's proc rate is low

Vitality Reasonator - If this is used at all, I'm guessing it'll be in situations where you want to use high health adds throughout the fight to proc it at max effect, and use it for boosting boss/priority target damage

Prototype Personnel Decimator - Likely contender for AOE heavy fire fights, especially if Homing Missile proc rate is high

Terminus Signaling Beacon - Likely contender for AOE heavy fire fights, especially if Homing Missile proc rate is low

I'll reiterate that absolutely no data or simulation backs up anything I said above; this is just my guess, until legitimate information becomes available. Please discuss
nickseng

Re: Antorus Trinket Thoughts

Unread postby nickseng Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:12 am

Sarat0ga

Unread postby Sarat0ga Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:24 am

Missing Arcanocrystal under 910, seems it could helpful for those lucky enough to have it.
araiyna

Unread postby araiyna Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:20 pm

Sorry but in the chart, what is "Norgannon +10" and "Amman'thul +10" vs "Norgannon" and "Amman'tul"?
I originally thought that meant +10 ilevel, but now I don't think so (because Amman'thul doesn't increase any more ilevels.
Mason

Unread postby Mason Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:02 pm

Sorry but in the chart, what is "Norgannon +10" and "Amman'thul +10" vs "Norgannon" and "Amman'tul"?
I originally thought that meant +10 ilevel, but now I don't think so (because Amman'thul doesn't increase any more ilevels.
Yeah there is a legendary Aman'Thul trinket, and a regular epic Aman'Thul trinket. So I'm assuming both are BiS?
Mortos

Unread postby Mortos Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:18 pm

The +10 means how many other ppl in the Raid have the Trinket
if only you have the trinket you cannot get the secondary proc
if all raid have it the chance of 2nd proc is much higher

Return to “General Discussion”