Fun Game That Improves Raid Awareness and Reaction Speed

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
Berlinia

Fun Game That Improves Raid Awareness and Reaction Speed

Unread postby Berlinia Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:21 pm

Hello ladies and gentlemen of IV and beyond,

I would like to bring to your attention a wonderful game I very recently found (even though it's 4 years old). The name of the video game is Osu! and the best way to describe it is a mouse-version of Guitar Hero. There are also a ton of beat-maps to download, however most of the music is anime-japanese or techno (still searching for some good-ol Pink Floyd maps ^^).

So now you might ask, why Berlinia, oh overlord of the master class, do you do free advertising on their game. The answer to that is that I sincerely believe that playing the game will make you a better WoW player.

Let me elaborate on that. The game is fast paced, and especially on the higher levels thing happen rapidly. What I notice myself is that right now, during farm I only raid 1 night every week. The result is that I slowly lose my focus and attention on the minor things that happen, while also keeping in consideration the global picture of the encounter.

Due to the nature of Osu! you are specifically put in a mindset of watching the global picture AND focusing on the details. I believe that playing the game makes you a better raider and that's why I recommend it. What i started doing is play 30 minutes of Osu! before every raid and obviously I have played my fair amount after but.... i'm rambling. By playing 30 minutes before the raid you already put your mind in the necessary state to actually perform well.

I hope i convert some to Osu! fanatics,

Cheers
Berlinia
Mageski

Re: Fun Game That Improves Raid Awareness and Reaction Speed

Unread postby Mageski Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:09 pm

I haven't looked this up yet but it sounds a lot like AudioSurf.
Garrod

Unread postby Garrod Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:25 pm

Never been a fan of Osu! My hand-eye coordination is ass and I was never able to get any better at it despite playing it with friends quite often. Luckily I don't need much of that for WoW as everything is keybound and muscle memory leads the charge on that.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/v ... d/advanced Fire for Mythic Raiding
<Side Project> 7/7 Mythic Highmaul 5/10 Mythic Blackrock Foundry
Berlinia

Unread postby Berlinia Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:04 am

Doesn't feel at all like Audiosurf thouh!
I just played for hours on end Garrod and at the end it really felt like progression xD
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:23 am

Personally I feel like Osu! is for training click mechanics, which applies more to FPS or MOBA games instead of WoW which focuses a lot more on knowledge and keyboard controls instead of click precision and timing.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!

Return to “General Discussion”