I think I've got the basics down for simulating my character, and now I'd like to learn a bit more.
What I want to know is how to use Simulation Craft to:
1) figure out the difference in using 1 piece of gear over the other, or talents or both.
2) Is there a way to do this without having to relog into your character, change talents/gear, and run the test again?
3) What if I want to sim with gear that I do not have? How do I go about this?
Hello there I think I can help you with these questions.
1) Lets look at changing just one variable of a character. Lets take my current character copy and paste from the simcraft in game mod I get this.
Code: Select all
Now I know that I should be using prismatic crystal but I hate it so much UGH. So lets change my profile to figure out how much more DPS I could get by using crystal. You see the line: talents=3332311
this represents my talent choices. They are listed by tier so the first number is tier1 second number is tier 2 talent etc etc. So if I want to change my tier7 (lvl100) talent I would be looking at the last number. Currently I have 1 which is Temporal Void lets change that to 3 which is Prismatic crystal. So now it looks like this talents=3332313
You mentioned wanting to change a piece of gear as well so lets say I want to replace my sandmans trinket with heroic Imperator trinket . Looking at the item on wowhead we notice a couple things. One is the item ID and the other is the bonus ID. In this example
Code: Select all
The item id is 113859 and the bonus is 566. So we go up again and replace trinket2=,id=112320,bonus_id=525/529
2) Yes as you can see from my example above you can adjust things without having to relog.
3) Think my example above demonstrates the answer to this as well.