Mage at 100

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
TheGreyPaladin

Mage at 100

Unread postby TheGreyPaladin Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:00 pm

Now that WoD is finally out it looks like frost is the way to go for now hands down - fire is gutted. Have sims been regenerated for what race is best for frost? The ones from a month ago (GREAT job frosted) it seemed Dranei was highest dps but only by a very small margin over gnome. For Alliance it looks like gnome was best race overall - top for arcane, almost top for frost and not bad for fire - is this still true? Would love to see the racial sims rerun now and perhaps not only for mythic but also for more modest ilvl say 630 ;)

Also simcraft is showing after int haste to be the next best stat for me I take it that is due to my choice of mirror image? Is that correct? Also I'm guessing this is fine for current content (no raids) but when raiding does it look like MI will still be the best due to movement or will we be able to ROP and stay stationary mostly?
Chev
Global Moderator

Re: Mage at 100

Unread postby Chev Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:09 pm

Dont make assumptions just yet. The 3 specs seemed to be balanced quite well before 6.0.2 but then there were buffs and nerfs to a lot of specs (not just Mages) to make things a bit more even for lvl 90's after 6.0.2 and those changes have yet to be reverted now that people are at 100.

With all the stability issues of late I would imagine they were a bit reluctant to be making too many changes so these should be coming in the next few weeks.
Wilderness

Re: Mage at 100

Unread postby Wilderness Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:17 pm

I hope those changes do come in the next couple of weeks, rather than a week or two into raiding. Its tough to plan a gearing strategy when you aren't sure which spec you'll be playing.
Ashamanxx || <Good Talk> || 13/13M

Return to “General Discussion”