Nov 25 Hotfix Changes

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
Komma
Administrator

Nov 25 Hotfix Changes

Unread postby Komma Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:46 pm

Apparently some hotfixes went live last night. Fire and Arcane have noticed some buffs.

https://twitter.com/CM_Lore/status/537307911328759808" target="_blank

Edit: Changes are posted! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/165616 ... 11-25-2014" target="_blank
Arcane:
- AB +10%
Fire:
- Pyroblast +35%

Let's concentrate the discussion in this thread.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Komma
Administrator

Re: Nov 25 Hotfix Changes

Unread postby Komma Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:34 pm

Preliminary thoughts and predictions:
Arcane:
1. Arcane will still be behind Frost on dungeons, because fights are short and Frost has a very strong opener.
2. Arcane should be viable for Highmaul.
Fire:
1. This is more a bandaid than a fix. Hopefully they change something after first week of normal Highmaul.
2. Fire is still non-viable.
3. Fire's DPS variance will increase, since Pyro is purely based on crits.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Wilderness

Unread postby Wilderness Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:50 pm

Pretty underwhelming as someone hoping for some Fire love. Yes, that will be an increase but it was so far behind that it still isn't going to be viable. I guess we'll have to wait for the 1st week of raids for Blizzard to realize how bad it is right now.
Ashamanxx || <Good Talk> || 13/13M
Garrod

Unread postby Garrod Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:16 pm

At least Arcane and Fire compliment each other right now so that I can have Arcane set up for Single Target and Fire set up for high cleave/AoE. Anything to avoid playing Frost for me haha.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/v ... d/advanced Fire for Mythic Raiding
<Side Project> 7/7 Mythic Highmaul 5/10 Mythic Blackrock Foundry
Dyasis

Unread postby Dyasis Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:28 am

While I like the small buff to Arcane, I don't think it's going to make huge changes. I'm sure they will do another pass after the 1st or 2nd week of Highmaul...
aycheff

Unread postby aycheff Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:15 am

Anyone who was expecting huge changes going into Highmaul next week is a bit naive imo. Pretty obvious these are just little bandaid fixes Blizz put in before Highmaul in order to attract mages to play or at least fiddle around with the other specs this upcoming week. Unfortunately for Fire, it seems Arcane is the only one who been moved up in terms of viability for first week.

I think after the first week of Highmaul or so we'll see some meaningful changes. Hopefully Blizz gets a better grip on Fire or knows something we don't cause that's where most cause of concern is.

Let's hold out just a little bit longer guys.
Zombie240

Unread postby Zombie240 Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:17 am

At least Arcane and Fire compliment each other right now so that I can have Arcane set up for Single Target and Fire set up for high cleave/AoE. Anything to avoid playing Frost for me haha.
You're forgetting the almost comical amount of aoe burst Frost can set up :lol:

With any scenario requiring burst cleave/aoe, you can save your CDs for it and put up some stupid numbers, more so if they're somewhat stationary. Orb seems to be doing more damage than in MoP (could be wrong, though), and on large pulls in heroics/CMs I've been experimenting with: orb + blizzard + nova w/ 4-5 stacks of IF (ignoring FoF procs for groups of 4+). Blizzard is nice since it's one of the few spells left that doesn't "spread out" the dmg (ala comet/PC), and reduces the cd of orb drastically.
That simple rotation alone equated to over 1mil dmg on the ragewing whelps in UBRS CM :D
Magiclol

Unread postby Magiclol Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:06 pm

Yeah frost is doing great numbers for me in heroics. I've been a little slow to gearing due to some personal reasons, but the last two nights on my grind from 590 ilvl to 616 ilvl I have been 1st on trash and 1st or 2nd on bosses unless there was a 630 ilvl dps in the group.

Bursting 40k at ~610ilvl was leaving everyone in the dust.
Mumrit

Unread postby Mumrit Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:23 pm

I'm happy with the approach they're taking as long as they keep taking it. Small buffs leading up to the raid is better in my opinion than a large buff the day before.
Garrod

Unread postby Garrod Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:25 pm

Played around with Fire last night rocking 25% crit, still wasn't worth playing. I hate everything.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/v ... d/advanced Fire for Mythic Raiding
<Side Project> 7/7 Mythic Highmaul 5/10 Mythic Blackrock Foundry

Return to “General Discussion”