Damage meters and Prismatic Crystal

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
Quetzatlus

Damage meters and Prismatic Crystal

Unread postby Quetzatlus Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:12 pm

Hi all,

So I know that the "double-dip" bug was sorted out a while back, but I still had a few questions regarding skada (or any damage meter) and PC.

For the purpose of this thread, lets assume i take Ice Nova and PC. In that case, on a single target fight, PC is my largest damage source, with anywhere from 350-500k dmg on to it from a single use without any flask or pre pot etc. This number seems very high to me for ~9-10 globals worth of dmg, so my question is:

How exactly does skada report damage? For example, lets say I Ice nova the crystal for 100 dmg, with the boss taking 50 dmg. Then, in Skada, will it show my ice nova dmg as 50 and PC dmg as 110? Or will it show my ice nova dmg as 150 and PC dmg as 10? This question applies to all spells that cleave off of PC, like icicles or ice lance.

Can someone clarify this?
Mage - Quetzatlus - 5/7M 4/10M - <Sadly guildless atm>
Komma
Administrator

Re: Damage meters and Prismatic Crystal

Unread postby Komma Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:00 am

Then, in Skada, will it show my ice nova dmg as 50 and PC dmg as 110?
IIRC this is the case.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Quetzatlus

Unread postby Quetzatlus Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:13 am

Thanks Komma. Though I feel it should only display the damage that its amped, but thats just a different way to look at it I guess.
Mage - Quetzatlus - 5/7M 4/10M - <Sadly guildless atm>
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:25 am

The current one is most accurate in the sense that it records only the damage you've dealt to enemies. There isn't much of a point looking at un-amped damage, which may or may not have been transferred over to enemies.

If you wish to see what kind of damage you did to the crystal, I believe it is possible to view that under "Enemy Damage Taken". That should give you a rough breakdown of how well you've been utilizing the talent.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Gregory

Unread postby Gregory Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:25 am

Damage meters show it right (at least I tested Skada and Details), but ppl misunderstand results. When you see 110k damage from PC it means that you got only 10% of that from crystal itself, everything else is just damage you would do to mobs if you hit them instead of PC.

P.S. Also you get Ice Lance glyph bonus from PC, but it's not clear on damage meter.
oomy

Unread postby oomy Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:27 am

Damage meters show it right (at least I tested Skada and Details), but ppl misunderstand results. When you see 110k damage from PC it means that you got only 10% of that from crystal itself, everything else is just damage you would do to mobs if you hit them instead of PC.

P.S. Also you get Ice Lance glyph bonus from PC, but it's not clear on damage meter.
From my understanding that 10% is still accurate in it being your damage and not just meter padding.
nathyiel

Unread postby nathyiel Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:01 am

PC damage came from too things :
>Damage done by the crystal
>Cleave from the additionnal target in single target.

Meter report each part in different part: PC damage and spell that create the cleave.
In TC for comparing PC to another level100 talent, only the 10% is taken into account + the addionnal cleave.

Both are accurate and serve different purpose.
my twitter : @nathyiel
my armory : Nathyiel (DalaranEU)
Frost rocks on cleave but Fire reigns on AoE. Where is Arcane ?

Return to “General Discussion”