[Progression Journal] Zhengma's Tier 17 (7+2/17 H, 1+0/17 M)

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
Shangalar

Re: [Progression Journal] Zhengma's Tier 17 (7+2/17 H, 1+0/1

Unread postby Shangalar Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:29 pm

As I said, Acid Torrent completely depends on the tank and healers. We killed Oregorger on Wednesday with a set and planned rotation of cooldowns. We had 2 Ironbarks, 1 Pain Suppression, 1 Life Cocoon, 2 Vigilances and 6 Hands of Sacrifice. And they were all planned along with the tank's defensive cooldowns (DK and Warrior) for each Acid Torrent. Plus after each heavier Torrent we'd use a big healing cd so we'd be at full health before the next one.

Not sure if you have any influence on raid leading, but if you do, suggest all of that.
zhengma

Unread postby zhengma Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:42 pm

As I said, Acid Torrent completely depends on the tank and healers. We killed Oregorger on Wednesday with a set and planned rotation of cooldowns. We had 2 Ironbarks, 1 Pain Suppression, 1 Life Cocoon, 2 Vigilances and 6 Hands of Sacrifice. And they were all planned along with the tank's defensive cooldowns (DK and Warrior) for each Acid Torrent. Plus after each heavier Torrent we'd use a big healing cd so we'd be at full health before the next one.

Not sure if you have any influence on raid leading, but if you do, suggest all of that.
Hmm, according to our current roster that can guarantee attendance, we have 1 Ironbark, 1 Pain Supp and, if we get lucky with a raider's Internet connection, 1 Hand of Sacrifice. And to smooth out damage on the ranged group, we also have 1 PW: Barrier and, again, if we get lucky with a raider's Internet connection, 1 Devotion Aura.

Hence, the basic conclusion will be: this fight favors a larger group, where multiple single-target external def CDs can be put onto the tank. This piece of advice is very valuable. I'll try to forward this to our RL. Thanks!

EDIT: Unless there is a turn of events in our recruitment work, the following abilities are out of question for now: 1. Rallying Cry & Vigilance; 2. Revival & Life Cocoon; However, thank you for reminding me of these abilities I almost overlooked. I'll try to contact our recruitment officer and see.
Shangalar

Unread postby Shangalar Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:10 pm

Remember, each Paladin can talent into having 2 Hands of Everything.

And yes, these things are quite useful. Looking at the logs you posted for Hans'gar and Franzok, your 2 Elemental shamans can assist with healing as well, as I see from the longest try on Oregorger, they have 0 uptime on Healing Rain which they can use and extend through Conductivity, or they can also spec into Ancestral Guidance and have a 2-minute healing cooldown that doesn't do much, but it can still help. On that same try, you haven't used Amplify Magic.

Next, I haven't checked who did what of the healers, but Holy Paladins and Resto Shamans can have 3 cooldowns each.
Holy Paladin: Avenging Wrath, Devotion Aura, Holy Avenger
Resto Shaman: Ascendance, Spirit Link totem, HTT

Everything can be planned in advance as far as those defensives go. Keeping the MT properly shielded by the Disc Priest for every Torrent helps as well, because the final damage of Torrent on the ranged group depends on the final damage taken by the tank, not only on the % reduction they have up at the time.

Return to “General Discussion”