Savage Feast Food Buff

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
TheGreyPaladin

Savage Feast Food Buff

Unread postby TheGreyPaladin Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:03 pm

Just a quick tip - after you eat the savage feast check what buff you got. I had assumed when it said +100 best secondary stat as a frost mage it would buff multistrike - it did not - I got +100 mastery. Turns out it buffs +100 of whatever your highest secondary stat is at the time - so if you have the mastery buff but the hunter providing the multistrike buff doesnt have his pet out....... you get mastery ugh! HEHEHEHE. Quick solution is to get all buffs first or remove a piece of gear to make multistrike top stat.
Razilon

Re: Savage Feast Food Buff

Unread postby Razilon Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:40 pm

It's because unlike all the other buffs which are percentage-based, Mastery is a 550 stat buff, which at current gear levels can sometimes be enough to push it to the top of the list rating-wise. I ended up just making an equipment set that removed any piece of gear with mastery on it, so even with the 550 buff, it dropped it lower than Multistrike.

It's pretty dumb. They really should just ignore that buff for the calculation.
TheGreyPaladin

Re: Savage Feast Food Buff

Unread postby TheGreyPaladin Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:58 pm

FYI per patch notes the food buff you get no longer takes the mastery buff into consideration ;)

Return to “General Discussion”