[Progression Journal] BioBall does Highmaul - 7/7M

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
BioBall

[Progression Journal] BioBall does Highmaul - 7/7M

Unread postby BioBall Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:45 am

For those of you who don't know me, I am BioBall from Silence on Silvermoon EU. I come from Johannesburg, South Africa and I raid on 200ms ;)

I started playing WoW during WOTLK when I rolled a Holy Paladin. My recent raiding exp have been on a Boomkin during Cata and Mage from SoO onwards.
Silence finished Tier 16 25Man at #47 West and #18 EU English all while primarily raiding 4 days a week.

During SoO I stubbornly held onto Frost for as long as I could and ended up with an overall rank #4 as Frost and #38 as Arcane during 25 Man Heroic farm.

We are aiming to go relatively hard with Highmaul release and as such we've prepared 3 toons each to maximize the amount of gear that is funneled to Mains and hence giving us as large an advantage on Mythic as we can get.

As it stands, we have completed Highmaul normal and Heroic gearing and managed 3 clears on normal and 20 boss kills on Heroic (We consolidated the 3 groups to 2 on Mar'Gok and Ko'Ragh).

My toons listed below:
BioBall
BioGnop
BioLock

We have been focusing primarily on pulling through sub-par geared alts on our runs so ranks haven't been high on the agenda. We've been trying to just get mechanics sorted as much as possible but these are the logs for our kills so far:
BioBall Logs
Silence Logs

As the US run through the first few hours of Mythic progression, I feel content that we've done what we can in preparation for our first raids tonight :)
BioBall is on 661 ilvl and the guild is overall sitting on 660.23 and while ilvl is obviously not all it's about, the higher geared we start off with, the easier the progression will be when we hit the DPS check bosses.

I haven't bothered uploading new kill videos for 6.0 but I will start recording Mythic tonight and upload once we kill the bosses. I will post these on my Youtube Channel

Last edited by BioBall on Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:51 am, edited 5 times in total.
Chev
Global Moderator

Re: [Progression Journal] BioBall does Highmaul

Unread postby Chev Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:31 pm

As a fellow Silvermoon-ite, this is one progression journal that I look forward to following. Good luck on the Mythic progression.
BioBall

Re: [Progression Journal] BioBall does Highmaul

Unread postby BioBall Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:01 am

As a fellow Silvermoon-ite, this is one progression journal that I look forward to following. Good luck on the Mythic progression.
Thanks ;)

We decided to clear Normal and Hc again for one of the groups before pulling the first boss.
4th pull we killed it - A little helter skelter but it's down ;)

We are clearing Hc with the Second group and then coming back tomorrow
BioBall

Re: [Progression Journal] BioBall does Highmaul - 2/7M

Unread postby BioBall Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:06 am

So this fight was all about avoiding damage for us and I was struggling with Crystal so I switched to TV. Not 100% happy with my damage, but happy that we got it down.

Onwards to BrackenSpore! We've called it a night but have had a 30% wipe so it's going down soon ;)
BioBall

Unread postby BioBall Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:36 am

Kill Vids for the first two bosses:

Pappus

Unread postby Pappus Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:33 pm

Hey mate,
I just checked you kargath kill video to watch a fellow frost mage have a go at it.

Do you have a razor naga or are you seriously pressing 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ?
BioBall

Unread postby BioBall Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:53 pm

Hey mate,
I just checked you kargath kill video to watch a fellow frost mage have a go at it.

Do you have a razor naga or are you seriously pressing 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ?
I only really use 1-4 on my keyboard - 5 and 6 are keybound to F and R.
I use a Logitech G700 that also has keys bound.
BioBall

Re: [Progression Journal] BioBall does Highmaul - 5/7M

Unread postby BioBall Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:56 pm

It's been a while since I've updated this thread.

As it happens, I got sat out on BrackenSpore and Tectus for stronger cleave classes and those subsequently fell.

Last night Ko'rath went down and we have now started on Butcher :)
Screenies etc on it's way!
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:16 am

What did you play on Ko'ragh? Did you do any soaking?
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
BioBall

Unread postby BioBall Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:09 am

What did you play on Ko'ragh? Did you do any soaking?
Yeah I stuck with Frost and soaked the second shields.

Log here: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/jH ... Z#fight=15" target="_blank

We ended up with a loose stacking tactic and the boss being on the outer circles so that melee don't lose too much dps when he does the supression fields.
I stopped DPS after the 3rd shield came back up since the boss was low on physical and we wouldn't break the 3rd shield before he died. I just focused on soaking at that point.
The biggest thing with this fight is magic vs physical damage balance. You need to aim to have the shields break when there's nothing else happening... No frost, shadow or MC. When we got that balance right, we killed it fairly easily in the end.
Songette

Unread postby Songette Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:35 pm

Would be great if you could post a Mythic Brackenspore video :D I'm having some trouble optimizing my DPS there. Your Twin Ogron video was very helpful!
BioBall

Unread postby BioBall Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:13 pm

Update - Butcher down! After some Christmas break time and two clears extra Butcher went down with the water strat after 5 pulls last night!
Would be great if you could post a Mythic Brackenspore video :D I'm having some trouble optimizing my DPS there. Your Twin Ogron video was very helpful!
Between the first and second week of Mythic progression I decided to reload my PC and I've not installed fraps again... Will try and remember to set it up again and post some new vids ;)
BioBall

Re: [Progression Journal] BioBall does Highmaul - 7/7M

Unread postby BioBall Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:56 am

And finally after 170 odd wipes on a 4 night raiding schedule we have downed Imperator :)

We had some roster challenges this tier as well as our Christmas break making sure that we don't get in the top200.

We actually killed it the previous reset but I had planned a weekend away before progress started based on our expected progression and ended up missing the first kill.

Onwards to BRF!
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:05 am

Grats on full clear!
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Chev
Global Moderator

Unread postby Chev Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:03 pm

Congratulations!!!

Return to “General Discussion”