Welcome to AT! Who are you? (Self Intro Thread)

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
Rinoa
Administrator

Re: Welcome to AT! Who are you? (Self Intro Thread)

Unread postby Rinoa Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:37 pm

Welcome everyone!
Twitter
Armory

Issues with a moderator or moderating action? Send me a PM.
Elysia

Unread postby Elysia Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:47 am

Hellooo! I've been playing mage for roughly two expansions now, although only raiding as one since HFC. My previous main for raiding throughout BC-Cata was a Warlock. I took a break from raiding entirely for Mists at which point I focused on just enjoying all of my alts. I realized how much I loved Mage which surprised me as it was the last class I ever reached max level on. My previous thoughts on Mage were essentially, "I already play a Warlock, why on earth would I want to play another ranged magic user?", yet here I am. I was able to find a raid group I clicked well with a few months after HFC launched and am looking forward to continuing with them this expansion. While I was in a guild during Wrath/Cata which pushed for server firsts (and succeeded), my current group's raiding focus is simply heroic, so I focus more on playing what I truly enjoy (Frost!) then trying to min/max dps output as much as possible.

I stumbled across this site a few weeks ago when I was trying to find Frost info going into Legion and have been very pleased with everything available so far! Looking forward to continuing to keep up with the class and potentially even contribute what I can. :)

Cheers!
Mannifresh

Unread postby Mannifresh Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:27 pm

Hello AT and fellow mages!

My name is Mannifresh and im on Zul'Jin horde side with <Inept>,... but back when I created this male human alliance mage in February 2005 his name was Magius. Not going to bore you to death with a story about X number of guilds and X number of servers but suffice to say I've got almost 400 days played on this guy. I've never had another main (although I did play a mage on another account for almost a year), and have raided every tier since UBRS and Molten Chore Vanilla, with the exception of the first tier of Cataclysm. I am a mage at heart. My dog's name is Gandalf.

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/magiusfresh" target="_blank

On a personal level, it's great to see a community of mages like this come together to share ideas and stories. I look forward to contributing to the discussions and insights as we push through Legion!

Cheers,

Manni
Mannifresh a.k.a. Magius
Mage since February 2005

https://www.twitch.tv/magiusfresh" target="_blank
Mrbrown

Unread postby Mrbrown Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:20 pm

Hello, you can call me MrBrown, i play arcane mage in pve and pvp. I have 824ilvl now. I also think i am the best mage in the world. Maybe Raiku is better, but not by much. Nice to be part of this forum :)
subtlexgaming

Unread postby subtlexgaming Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:49 pm

Hello, I am Subtlex the one of many mages from Kel-Thuzad Alliance. I started playing WoW in ICC days and full cleared heroic in my first ever expansion when it was still hard. After Shadowmourne, I switched off my ret for a higher skill cap class, the mage! I played cataclysm as a mage and took a break until legion, but I am back and excited for the rest of this expansion. In addition to raiding mythic I also will be pvping, my highest skill level is 2500 in 3's on a pretty tough BG. Check me out at twitch.tv/subtlexgaming and @subtlexgaming on Twitter. I look forward to theorycrafting and learning lots of new stuff from all of the great members here at Altered-Time!

Tyler"Subtlex"Pike
Khiria

Unread postby Khiria Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:07 pm

Hello.
My name is Khiria and I play French Frost Mage since.. 2004 beta.

I had my time as Hard Core Gamer, with first kill on EU-Uldaman. And then I found a job, I switch to EU-Medivh, and then I became a parent, and now I enjoy playing 3/4 hours per week.

But my HCG side always wants to know more and that is why I join this place.
Khiria - Frost Mage - EU-Medivh - Alliance
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:02 pm

Welcome to all our new folks :)
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Makz

Unread postby Makz Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:40 pm

Hi, name is Makz.

I have been playing my favorite Mage since vanilla, had a prot pala alt most of the time. I played through Naxx as alliance, switched horde for majority of TBC/Wrath. In Cata back to alliance and first page on wowprogress and cheesing ranks on Worldoflogs, met the legend Zalgradis, but after MoP tier1 progression the hardware gave me up and I lost interest in general in the game.

Came back end of WoD as I liked the storylines(excl. time-travel), but the game felt awful overall so I never got back into hardcore PvE or PvP as I also did not have the time.

I used to read EJ daily and with Legion looking up to be quite interesting, I even put in the effort to powerlevel and gear up to the ears. With the artifact system(path of the titans 2.0) and things like hidden appearances, it feels like the class communities are coming back to life and it is nice to see Mages are active.

Right now I am camping at Outland-EU and considering maybe getting back in to raiding just a bit, and into Mythic+ a lot if I can find a nice weekend group!
Streaming Keys RIP Altered-time forum interface
Rainingblue

Unread postby Rainingblue Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:12 pm

Hi everyone, i'm Manuel from Italy, and since i love learning and studying details on classes, when i decided to reroll on mage for Legion i obviously found this site :)
I really appreciate this community even if i decided to register just now, because i saw all but arrogance and trolls, which are so common on other sites.
So thank you for creating and keeping this community, and sorry for my terrible english!
Grasigoreng

Unread postby Grasigoreng Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:46 pm

Guten Tag from germany to all at AT :)

Vanilla Veteran here. Swapped classes between Warlock(until WotLK Naxx) Feral/Bear (WotLK Ulduar until End of HFC) and Holypaladin (mainly EndHFC). Since the end of Highmaul I made camp on EU-Blackmoore Horde with the guild Inominatus I found AT like mid HFC as I was equipping my mage toon and stayed here for a while until i had to focus more on my feral to keep up the numbers. Rerolling to my long love - Fire Mage - was an easy choice with legion coming aroudn the corner. So I'm going to stay here and hope to learn as much as I'm able to.
Spirillum

Unread postby Spirillum Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:38 am

Finished my Mage Tier 3 set tonight. Woooooot!!
Tempt

Unread postby Tempt Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:28 pm

Hi, my name is Tempt on Lightbringer, and I've had my mage as my main since vanilla. I've never been a hardcore player, haven't really raided much since WotLK. these days I run heroics, do world quests, LFR, and run old content for transmog and pets.

My guild has pretty much fallen apart and I need to find a new one. But when I do group content I like to pull my weight, so I'm checking out how I can improve my dps. Currently running fire, but love arcane and frost too.Have tons of alts, but I rarely play them anymore, because mages are so awesome. Never going to be a pro, my reflexes just aren't what they used to be as I'm getting older, but I try to play as well as I can, hoping to find a lot of good tips. Not really planning on doing mythics much, but looking forward to Karazhan, probably will not raid or do much pvp this expansion, but I am enjoying Legion more than the last couple of expansions.
ChiliPalmer

Unread postby ChiliPalmer Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:08 am

Howdy all, I'm Kergarrk on Area52. Troll mage because there is no better troll than an ignite pull. Hue hue hue.

I started in Vanilla WoW as a Human Rogue, eventually switched over to the Horde side and then stopped playing for a while during Vanilla. FF to just before WotLK and I fired everything up again with an Orc DK. At that point I picked up my first mage and totally fell in love with it. Quit again after Cataclysm and just got going again a couple weeks after Legion came out!

I'm in a pretty small guild made up of primarily work friends but I'm trying to progress beyond what we do together. I'm doing as many Mythic+s as I can and just starting to dabble in Heroic raiding. Really looking to improve my DPS, I keep feeling like I am reading a lot and have the rotations down but my DPS always seems to be subpar. Thanks in advance to all who have already helped me and will do so in the future!
Arcaneale

Unread postby Arcaneale Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:50 pm

Hey! I'm Arcaneale on Alterac Mountain. Dwarf Mage currently at 105. Started as a DH this expansion but decided to reroll.

I started at the end of Vanilla a few months before BC started. I have switched mains almost every expansion. I mained a Troll mage back in WotLK so this isn't my first go at the class. Its definitely one of my favorites to play. I look forward to playing one again!
Rinoa
Administrator

Unread postby Rinoa Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:17 pm

Welcome to Altered Time. Happy to have you here. :)
Twitter
Armory

Caranthir

Unread postby Caranthir Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:01 am

Hi I'm Caranthir and I've been a long time lurker here and this site has helped me alot. I play on Frostmourne US
Kassui

Unread postby Kassui Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:23 am

Hello, my name is Kassui, and I'm playing from Japan! I play a fire mage on the Oceanic Frostmourne server.

I played a little during BC before I went into raiding for LK. I quit after the start of Cata because I was going into university and didn't have time to progress with my guild. Now that I am working, my free time has increased in the evenings so I came back before the start of Legion and picked up my favorite class again, the fire mage. I'm currently progressing slowly on mythic EN with my guild, but I am always on these sites to learn how to play my mage better. I want to help people who are having problems with their mage so that they can enjoy it as much as I do!

My character's name in kanji is 渇水. 渇 means dry or thirsty, and 水 means water. I picked this name because the word means "water shortage" or "drought", which I thought was a good name for a fire mage.

Thank you for this website, and let's get better at being a mage together!
TheEmptyRoad

Unread postby TheEmptyRoad Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:12 am

Who are you?
I am TheEmptyRoad of the Moon Guard Server

Why do you play a mage?
Because Magic is awesome, I usually play spell casters in fantasy games. I'm also fascinated by real-world estoric and occult lore/legend.

What brought you to these forums?
Looking for a theorycrafting Mage site to make me a better Mage.

What are you looking to find here?
Thoughts, opinions, addOns, Macros, and a good time :)
Death is just another path, one that we all must take. - Gandalf
Arkon the Noble

Unread postby Arkon the Noble Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:34 pm

Played WoW since beta on and off, before that was in Ultima Online (LS shard). I've enjoyed rogue and mage the most in WoW.
Rinoa
Administrator

Unread postby Rinoa Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:34 am

Welcome! Happy to have you guys here.
Twitter
Armory

Return to “General Discussion”