Welcome to AT! Who are you? (Self Intro Thread)

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
Dokem

Re: Welcome to AT! Who are you? (Self Intro Thread)

Unread postby Dokem Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:12 pm

I started playing WoW back in 2008 I think, Black Temple patch. I played MMOs since 2004, but I wasn't able to play WoW because I had a crapy PC.

I started to play and undead warlock but decided I wanted to try mage. I wanted to use arcane magic and I was tired of using pets/minions.

So, I started Cata with this mage. Undead first, then I changed to a troll because of the haste CD and name changed him to Zaljin, to better RP my troll mage.

I've being very happy with my mage in all aspects. Also, I love to find ways to better RP him with pets, mounts and Xmogs.

Currently using the Of Sal'Jin title, the mask fetich pet, the amani bear and the amani regalia from Zulaman/ZUlgurub + Bad Mojo Mask from Zuldrak. Even though, I think arcane is not a good fit for a troll, I've always wanted to play arcane spec and that's was the reason I became a mage in the first place.

I love the Kirin Tor lore, got the arcane elemental pet from that hard search quest in Dalaran, the custom dalaran buff, etc.

I'm now 31 years old, and I'm from Chile, Latin America. Play videogames since 7 years old and play MMOs since I was 24yo. I'm a casual raider, currently mostly flex.

I hope to find here all thing mage, including a great community.
Hotpots

Unread postby Hotpots Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:14 am

Heya guys, first of all I would like to mention that I found you guys on Twitter through Frenikk. Personally I am disappointed I didn't find or hear about this site sooner. I'm hugely excited about a website dedicated to the Mage community, so well done on that!

So obviously, I am Hotpots. I have currently been playing in Envy for almost 6 months now, previously I played in Project Apocalypse on Chamber of Aspects. I have played WoW since the start of Cataclysm and Mage since the end of Firelands.
I have played all 3 specs of the Mage actively during progress, even more so this tier with Fire in Normals and Arcane in all HC's excluding Siegecrafter where I was Frost. (Swapped from Fire due to Arcane gear dropping :D).
I am also currently working on my Mage alt so I can play Fire and Arcane in the same week! (Hotpots in Chamber of Aspects).

Also would like to say it's nice to see some familiar names here, I will definitely refer all my Mage friends 'ere, so expect more to arrive!

Oh and if your up for a bit of Arcane Mage action check out my stream (soon to be fire too): http://www.twitch.tv/thetinymage

EDIT:Spelling Error
Last edited by Hotpots on Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
durrtygoodz

Unread postby durrtygoodz Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:18 am

yes yes hotpots!

The 2 mage thing, that's what I got, 1 arcane 1 frost heh. Glad I'm not the only nutter with 2 of the same class.
best arc stream by far
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:33 am

The 2 mage thing, that's what I got, 1 arcane 1 frost heh. Glad I'm not the only nutter with 2 of the same class.
I happen to have 3 mages, one of each spec. I do main raid as arcane, off server fire alt that I PUG heroics with, and a lesser geared frost that I use mostly for making potions...
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Hotpots

Unread postby Hotpots Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:43 pm

Just told all my Mage friends about this website, hope to see them join soon :D
Twiss

Unread postby Twiss Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:09 pm

Well Hello I am Twïss from the guild Silence form Silvermoon-EU.
I am here thanks to mister Hotpots he gave me the link to this site.
I hope as a former Shadow Priest this site is going to be the mage variant of H2P, Very excited for this.

As mentioned above i have not always played a mage, i started out playing ret pala during ulduar when i started raiding. I continued to play paladin till Firelands (T11 i played holy the other tiers i played ret) in FL I joined a 10man guild formed by old friends/guildies and rerolled to a resto druid. I played this druid for a short time form first week in FL to just after DS progress than the guild disbanded and I joined a 25 man guild for the remainder of farm and T14,T15 and the end of T15 I decided that shadow priest is not going to get fixed my blizzard and decided to play mage and i still play it everyday and not planning on stopping anytime soon =).
Jehjeh

Unread postby Jehjeh Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:20 pm

Hey, I'm jehjeh on US servers.

I have been playing the game since Day 1 after beta, since I was 10 years old, and actually played on my brothers account during beta. I played a hunter through Vanilla and BC and I always hated levelling but I decided to just level my mage up to 70 after Sunwell progression and haven't turned back since.

I played my mage through WotLK and truly fell in love with Fire through Ulduar, with both the scorch-stack mechanic, and frostfire spec (Hodir damages). After Ulduar progression, my account was hacked though, and I was unable to get it back so I re rolled completely different classes for ICC. After ICC, the group I had raided with for years told me I wouldn't be part of their raid roster for Cataclysm because they knew I was struggling passing High School in real life, so I inevitably quit due to not having interest in the game with other people.

I came back for weeks at a time, in Firelands, January/February 2013, and late 2013 just to fool around. I re-levelled a mage in that time, and this February actually, I decided to really start making a grind to becoming exceptional at the game again, and in April I landed my first Heroic Garrosh kill. I've tried really hard to catch up with current mage mechanics (Alter Time, what the fuck, broken?) and I've re-fallen in love with Fire, and Frost is in a much better spot now. I haven't tried Arcane since I haven't played it since it was literally 1 button (Ulduar).

That's me, I guess. I have really high hopes for myself in Mythic.
Kver
Administrator

Unread postby Kver Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:58 pm

Alright, time for me to actually properly introduce myself to you all who were wondering "Who is that guy actually?".

Well, I am Kver(ha-hah!). I used to play Rogue as raid leader, but in the first week of MoP raiding I already knew that it was going to be a terrible expansion to play as melee, so I went with my mage instead. I took a break when my guild collapsed and came back during ToT. There, I founded my own guild entering SoO, and we got 11/14 HC before I decided that it wasn't fun for me, so I went and joined Dutchmagoz in MCO. Since then we've killed Garrosh on 25 HC, and I'm quite happy.

Now, a bigger question is probably; why did this guy create Altered Time? Well, I've always been interested in theorycrafting, and I tended to evolve into a walking rogue encyclopedia. When I became a mage I started to visit the MMO-C forums, and joined the IRC where I ended up talking to a lot of mages including Akraen and Dutch. Because there was barely any collected fire theorycrafting I came up with a lot of weird theories(some of which turned out to be correct) and with help of Dutch wrote an advanced guide(You can read it on the fire forums). It was around this time that I became a moderator at the Icy-Veins forums, but due to internal issues both me and Akraen resigned a few months ago.

I have always had a natural affinity for forums, having been head admin at a large British forum, and I had the ambition to create a true mage community, which I felt did not exist at the time, where people would be constructive rather than argue about frost vs fire vs arcane, so I involved the crew you see here and together with Akraen and Dutch endeavoured to build this website.

As you can see, the forums are up, running and doing pretty well, and the site is being worked on and starting to look awesome. More to follow soon :>
Twitter!

It were as it be it were

I solve problems. Have a problem? Send me a PM!
Ghanjo

Unread postby Ghanjo Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:59 pm

Hello, I'm Ghanjo, from Non Phixion on Defias Brotherhood (EU).

I started playing the game midways through WotLK, where I tried out lots of different classes. My mage was the first one to hit level 80, and has been my main since. He started as a gnome on Ravenholdt-EU, but is currently a troll on Defias Brotherhood. I have been switching between fire and arcane a lot during this expansion, but have been going for arcane during SoO, with a frost offspec that I play on some fights. I am currently gearing a second mage so I can get to play fire again.

I have been somewhat active on the Icy Veins mage forum this expansion (under the name Gambolputty), but have moved to this site for my mage news and discussion after it opened. I am really looking forward to seeing how this page will evolve and gather the mage community.
vaeal

Unread postby vaeal Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:18 am

Hey y'all.

I started playing WoW in open beta of Vanilla. While I have always played my mage rather heavily I am a true altaholic and don't believe in mains (13x 90's and counting). I raid in <Angry> on US-Illidan a US 50 guild with healthy mage competition. I raid as mastery frost along with a haste frost mage and 4 fire mages.

Due to the reduced raid structure in WoD as well as our high number of stable mages I don't know if I will continue to raid on my mage in WoD or switch to something else but in the meantime i'm happy to contribute in any way I can. I'm active mainly on the US-WoW mage/R&D forums but I would love to find a community similar to the old EJ forums.
durrtygoodz

Unread postby durrtygoodz Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:50 am

Jesus christ, 6 mages?! Where are your warlocks at!!
vaeal

Unread postby vaeal Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:23 pm

Only have 1. Can't find any good ones =(
Petfood101

Unread postby Petfood101 Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:40 pm

Hello, my name is Petfood, Aditya in RL, from India. Been playing WoW for quite sometime now. I started with a mage back at the end of WotLK and it has been my favourite class since. Started of as a pvp nerd, played on US FireTree at that point then stopped for a few months and started on EU late cata. Playing with Shafted, EU-Ragnaros atm, recently changed to 25 man, progressing on Thok. I love all the specializations. Has just been the most appealing class to me throughout. I've always played frost/fire with arcane here and there but only ever did arcane for pvp (weird i know). PvE arcane has become super interesting and fun right now and its the one spec i have not played enough, hence my obsession with it right now.

I found out about this from some random post on Icy Veins. I'll be honest, i'm here to learn and to improve and to become FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR better than i am right now. I want to help, and provide some input etc like everyone else does someday but i don't think i'm even remotely qualified for it yet.

I really really want to improve. The last time i was this obsessed with playing something so well was when i used to play basketball. But unfortunately i do not have as much time right now so how much i can practice, meddle, and experiment with my class, ui anything is limited.

Well rant closed. Hello :D.
Kver
Administrator

Unread postby Kver Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:46 pm

Welcome :D
Twitter!

It were as it be it were

Ilmatar

Unread postby Ilmatar Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:44 am

Hi,

I am Ilmatar, and I have been playing WoW for a while back in vanilla and up to BC. Back then I have just been questing and leveling.
I started to play again in fall 2013, this time with the ambition to max.-level and to progress in the raid tiers.
I love being a Mage, and I try to play my char as well as I can.
So far I started by following different guides, beginning with Gamona, Noxxic, Icy-Veins, and landing here now.
I hope this place helps me to tweak further, and I will share my experiences, if appreciated.

Cheers :D
Sturmcantor

Unread postby Sturmcantor Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:19 am

Hey all,

I'm Sturmcantor, a mage for Adapt of US-Spirestone. I've been playing WoW at some level since mid Wrath, although I didn't get into raiding until Dragon Soul and only started raiding seriously in Mists. Throughout Wrath I was very casual, mostly playing a DK and leveling various alts. In Cata I got alot better at the game but still mostly just did 5 mans and occasionally pugged BH or entry bosses in BWD/Firelands until I pugged an Ultraxion kill with a guild on Bladefist on my ret paladin. I impressed the raid leader, got invited to join, ended up raid lead of the group when she quit, and led the group to 8/8H. I decided I liked heroic raiding and wanted to join a serious raiding guild, joined one for Mists launch, raiding on first my ret in 25 mans and then when their 10man team's mage quit joined that team on my mage. Burnt out in December 2013 at 13/14H and quit for 4 months before rejoining the game and joining Adapt, who are totally awesome.

I'm a mathematics student and tutor with hopes of teaching at a university in the future. I enjoy theorycrafting and coding in my spare time - I maintained the ret SimC model from the end of Cata through Throne of Thunder before giving that up due to lack of free time. I dabble with the cello, though I'm not very talented musically, and absolutely devour books of all sorts.

I heard about Altered Time being created as a place to have a positive mage community and am really excited for it. Dealing with the drama of MMO-C (especially the ret forums, god) or the inactivity of official forums is draining.
Prelimar

Unread postby Prelimar Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:55 am

hello, fellow mages --

i'm Prelimar of Nazgrel (alliance). i started playing during TBC, and i've always been a mage, and a fire-specced one at that. it's the only class and spec that speak to me, and i play what i like : )

i am sure being devoted to the fire spec has made things harder for me sometimes (both leveling and raiding), but as far as i'm concerned i think if i'm playing my spec right, i should be able to do well no matter what spec it is. i've been part of so many mage forums that have come and gone over the years, so i'm simultaneously excited and wary of another one... but the bottom line is, i LOVE being a mage and i LOVE talking with other people who also love playing mages, so here i am. : )
Prelimar
~~~~~~~>>o
Talontoe

Unread postby Talontoe Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:48 pm

Hi all

I'm Dave, in game Talontoe (Horde), and mage is my first love and I can't really see that changing. I'm in a very old guild, Foxy Fighters, and they go back right to the start.
We are a casual (or even very casual) raiding guild just getting back into the swing of things.
We had a pause from raiding for various reasons....RL issues, boredom of content, main tanks pc blowing up......the usual stuff.
Long time admirer of Akraen's forum posts on mmoc, and whilst I doubt I'll get to the lofty heights most of you obtain I do like to think I can hold my own when it comes to raiding or dps.
Not sure how much help I can be with any theory crafting stuff, but if I can help with anything just drop me a PM.
I've been through all specs Frost to Arcane to Fire to Frost to Arcane to Frost to Fire and now back to Frost, I like to think I understand the basics at the very least.
My biggest problem is, and always has been, gear.......if I want to play Frost then crit gear is sure to drop etc, so I just have to make the best of things.
Anyway, looking forward to these forums, and learning some more.....so here I am. :D
Syrathia

Unread postby Syrathia Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:06 pm

Whats up people.

Im Zach or Syrathia whichever you prefer. My mage has been my main for going on 3-4 years. I originally mained a hunter and swapped and it was the best decision i have ever made. I found out about alter time this morning when i saw the post on MMOC about SimC finally being good for a change. Anyways. I currently raid in Encore on Illidan and am currently ranked 9th for fire mages in the US on ProRaiders. I look forward to trying to make a difference here on Altered Time. Have a good one.
-Syrathia
Kver
Administrator

Unread postby Kver Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:18 pm

Welcome!
Twitter!

It were as it be it were

Return to “General Discussion”