Welcome to AT! Who are you? (Self Intro Thread)

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
Berlinia

Re: Welcome to AT! Who are you? (Self Intro Thread)

Unread postby Berlinia Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:09 pm

I'm Berlinia

I eat cookies and hate Frenikk... that's about it.
Liquidsteel

Unread postby Liquidsteel Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:19 am

Hi I'm Liquidsteel, I main Warlock but will likely switch to Mage for WoD. I think I might be ill...
Malon
Global Moderator

Unread postby Malon Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:59 am

Great idea, I fully support it.
Author of Wowhead's official Mage guide: http://www.wowhead.com/classes#mage
Follow me for Mage tips and tricks at @ArcaneTactics (https://twitter.com/ArcaneTactics" target="_blank)
Frantik

Unread postby Frantik Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:32 am

Hello my name is Jim.. I live in Sweden

I have a mage in Twisting nether and I am back after a long break since last May. My favorite spec is arcane although I have swapped between arcane and fire many times since ICC when I started the game and raiding ever since as a mage. I begun MoP with Fire then switched to Arcane and stayed there until now. I hate Frost since I don't like pet classes in general although I tried it for a few fights :P
I managed to clear 11/14 HC with my guild before stopping and now trying to get back in shape for WoD. :D

I visit MMO quite often but I didn't do that much during the break so I just found out about these forums... A lot of useful info I see
Zanaku

Unread postby Zanaku Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:02 pm

Hello Friends, I am Zanaku of CRY MOAR Blackhand. I decided to check out altered time because this is where are the cool mages are. So, now a little about myself in regards to WoW. I've been raiding since Wotlk, and playing the game since Vanilla with a little break in there. For 2 expansions I have been a founding member of the group I currently raid in named CRY MOAR and we have been primarily 10 man competing at the highest level on only a 9hr/week raid schedule. Our group changed to 25 man back in May in order to prepare for WoD.

I am actually pretty good friends with Turkeyburger, one of the moderators here. I have destroyed him on numerous occasions. I am also pretty good friends with Kams from Duality, as we frequently Skype and play games together. I have a tendency to ramble and write lengthy posts so I will end the introduction here. Nice to meet you all! :)
Last edited by Zanaku on Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thingy

Unread postby thingy Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:26 pm

Hey, I know this guy! ;)

I suppose I should introduce myself as well. I'm a core raider in CRY MOAR on US-Blackhand and have been playing since the end of vanilla and raiding since BC came out with a couple of breaks, mainly from after firelands in cata until SoO was released in 5.4. Over the course of my raiding career I've mained a rogue, resto druid, shadow priest, mage, and resto shaman. I'm pretty much a dedicated caster player and I opt for casting spells to the face rather than healing now.

I guess I'll add that I'm from Massachusetts and just turned 30...not sure how I feel about that yet. :)
Turkeyburger

Unread postby Turkeyburger Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:38 pm

Oh Zanaku <3
jimme

Unread postby jimme Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:39 pm

My name is Jeremiah, i'm 32 yrs old and from Denmark.

I'm playing the char Lactia on Kazzak-EU.

Im probably what is considered semi-hardcore and semi-decent, playing in a 3 days a week guild, hovering around 400-500 in west rankings.

My mage has always been my main from I started playing in the summer-break 2009 during patch 3.1, when I was insanely bored and my dorm friends finally got me to playing after trying for 2+ yrs. I've lost a lot of time to WOW since then, ohh well. :)
I considered switching main to shadow priest at one point, but never seriously.

I've always preferred fire since the time I actuelly got an idea about how to play mage, which was at some point during ICC - like most people here however, I will play whatever spec pumps out the most damage in raids.

When not playing WOW I'm working as a structual engineer, and have a great passion for the NFL. Unfortunately sunday games happen during raid times which is a bummer, so during non-progression I wanna sit as much as possible to watch the games. :)
Berlinia

Unread postby Berlinia Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:03 pm

Hi I'm Liquidsteel, I main Warlock but will likely switch to Mage for WoD. I think I might be ill...

OF COURSE YOU SHOULD!
Kajzzer

Unread postby Kajzzer Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:13 pm

Heya!
My name is Kaiser (and that is IRL nickname too), and I'm a casually dedicated gamer, around 20 y old (20 at November the 27th and I consider WoD a late gift by Blizz). If you got to know me you'd probably describe me as a ƒilosoƒ or a professor wannabe! :)
Considering I don't smoke, drink, do drugs, don't get into trouble, I had to have some flaw, so I choose to be chubby+no life gamer. The interesting this is that I don't have my own computer and I'm playing from net caffe, as well as using their account to play WoW. This means that I'm in a crowd almost non stop (considering I spend most of my time here) and it also means that I'm paying only half a euro for 1 hour of playtime (they pay account+new expacs). As you see, quite the solid offer.
Here I am well known as a informed person (as long as WoW, LoL and a bit of Dota are concerned) and people listen to my advice often. Ofcourse, all my knowledge comes from sites like these, so at the end the true thing I'm good at is reading stuff about games I'm interested in :).
As far as WoW goes, I've played it since start of wrath on bronzebeard, and I can say that I was almost hand-fed the top info about the game, considering my teachers were the 3rd arena 2's team in EU in their prime play time (TBC or so?), Justice(e) and Ice(e) on the aforementioned Bronzebeard EU. I always loved watching them and learning from their tactics (dota too) and playstyle, even adopted Icee's keybinds (with added on my own now).
This gaming "upbringing" enabled me to today be as fast as Chineese gamers when it comes to eye-brain-hand coordination.
As you probably noticed, I maybe like to brag a bit more, but really am a friendly and relaxed (often a joker) person in gaming and IRL, and I respect other people's oppinion as well as advice if it sounds reasonable.
So much about me :) I'm hoping to join this mage community at least by bringing nice atmosphere.

P.S. -Akraen's my hero. :roll:
Nothing is 100% true. Not even this rule.
-Me, Kaiser
My Chronomancer on Argent Dawn (EU):
Velerion

Unread postby Velerion Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:41 pm

Velerion here. Been playing since late Vanilla, Mage since Cata. Fire seems to be my flavor, though I dabble in frost quite a bit too. I've been looking for a good mage site for a long time so glad to have found this place.
Miakel

Unread postby Miakel Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Hey My toons name is Miakel, I play on Kil'Jaeden.

Mage has always been my main. I was a Hardcore raider in TBC been playing off and on sense WotlK

With MoP I ended up having to rebuy the game so I lost all my old achievements and my Original toon.

Currently just doing various arenas/bgs/raids on my main and leveling a couple alts.

I think with WoD. I'd like to be more involved with the game. I like my current guild but its not really PVE centralized, So Im still up in the air regarding moving or rerolling another mage and Id like to continue being one for WoD endgame.
Festen

Unread postby Festen Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:51 pm

Hi guys!

French mage called Festen, I play on Hyjal, previously on Throk'Feroth. I play my mage since DS, was hunter before but now I love my mage ;D

I discovered AT in june 2014 (was only on IV before)
nathyiel

Unread postby nathyiel Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:56 pm

Hi guys!

French mage called Festen, I play on Hyjal, previously on Throk'Feroth. I play my mage since DS, was hunter before but now I love my mage ;D

Hey Festen, bienvenue.
We are a few French mage here. AT language is English but if need, throw me a PM or ping me on the chat.
8-)
my twitter : @nathyiel
my armory : Nathyiel (DalaranEU)
Frost rocks on cleave but Fire reigns on AoE. Where is Arcane ?
Vatti

Unread postby Vatti Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:02 am

vatti here

i was a level 27 night elf holy priest grinding in duskwood graveyard when i saw this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqO7zEWu0W0" target="_blank

the rest was history

i don't do math but i like reading it and applying my mechanics to it. think of it like i can drive a car really well but I can't make one.
valdearg

Unread postby valdearg Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:10 am

Hi Valdearg here.
I play a mage with the name Zippelzappel on EU-Blackmoore. Took some breaks since Wotlk and had a druide as main,but switched to mage with MoP.

I encounterd AT in June 2014.
Festen

Unread postby Festen Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:24 pm

Hi guys!

Hey Festen, bienvenue.
We are a few French mage here. AT language is English but if need, throw me a PM or ping me on the chat.
8-)
Thanks!
Yup, many frenchies here :D
Ironically

Unread postby Ironically Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:51 pm

Hi, Ironically here.

Been playing mage since 2004, hardcore 40er raids, pause in tbc, relapsed for wotlk but did mainly pvp, started progress pve with cata, had amazing pve success in firelands and dragon soul, going into mop also strong but had to reduce time significantly since a starting Ph.D is time demanding.
Going to progress again with WoD, but only on a reduced time shedule, so I have to be up-to-speed on all there is to know about mage changes as I will not have time to stumple across everything on my own anymore.
Pkm

Unread postby Pkm Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:50 am

I play a mage most of the time (even though I've got all classes at 90) because they are the most fun of course. I hang around mmo champ as well. You may have seen me ask silly questions :)
supervixen

Unread postby supervixen Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:18 am

Hi Hi!

I'm from Canada and main an Arcane Mage Fantastica on the realm Korgath US.

I started playing my mage at the end of Cata, as Arcane. I began raiding in MOP casually and then decided as a guild leader that we would try out heroics in SoO. So that was my first attempt at heroics, playing Arcane. My guild finished 11/14H which we could've done more if not for wiping to the "attendance boss" near the end but for the most part it was a great time! I would say I'm 1% nerd but 100% of that is WoW, I'm a closet player lol.

I'm now preparing my guild for WoD as we all want to dive into raid content as quickly as possible, let the good times begin! I also have a Holy Pally and a Brewmaster Monk but that's where alts stop for me, I dont have the time or attention span ;)

Anyway, super stoked about this site, everyone has such a wealth of knowledge and its great that they share.

All day. Every day. MAGES.

Cheers :)
xo

Return to “General Discussion”