Glyph of Icy Veins Multistrike Exploit

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
Komma
Administrator

Glyph of Icy Veins Multistrike Exploit

Unread postby Komma Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:20 pm

A bug was discovered that allows players to gain permanent multistrike rating from Glyph of Icy Veins. There are records of players with 100% capped multistrike in combat logs, although WarcraftLogs has since put in a filter for these exploits.

To avoid duplicate threads from being created in each forum, please keep all discussion regarding this exploit within this thread.

As a disclaimer, Altered Time does not condone usage of this exploit. Using or sharing details of this exploit is all done at your own risk. We advise against using it for any personal gain, such as using it to defeat non-trivial content. However, we know that players wish to talk about it, and have no wish to censor these discussions.

TL;DR: Talk about 100% MS exploit here if you want, but do it at your own risk. Also, please don't do dumb shit with it.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Zavri

Re: Glyph of Icy Veins Multistrike Exploit

Unread postby Zavri Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:42 pm

I know it's the holidays but I'm hoping blizzard can fix this as soon as possible. Progression is still on going with 3-4 day guilds and It would feel pretty shitty to almost be "forced" to use this exploit to make progression easier.

It is also pretty broken that you can retain the multi-strike bonus in a completely different spec then frost.
http://i.imgur.com/tCHJNra.png

I'm tempted to run LFR for fun to see how much of a dps increase this is in arcane.
BioBall

Unread postby BioBall Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:08 am

Seems to be hotfixed for me at least. Was testing it on the dummies this morning and icy veins simply gets removed when you change the glyph.
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:18 am

Indeed, I've heard reports of it being fixed already.
Admin of Altered Time.

Mageski

Unread postby Mageski Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:40 pm

I tried it on one pull on Monday night just to see if it worked and it was fixed then. Good job on Blizz for not letting it stick around too long.
Berlinia

Unread postby Berlinia Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:33 pm

Thank god this was hotfixed.
Rinoa
Administrator

Unread postby Rinoa Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:45 pm

Nice of them to hotfix it fast, and sort of behind the scenes so the bug never really became common knowledge.
Twitter
Armory

Issues with a moderator or moderating action? Send me a PM.
supernovas

Unread postby supernovas Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:34 am

It seems like the log rankings are forever messed with due to this glitch. I hit about 25k as frost at 555 ilvl on that fight but I see some frost mages at 45k - 50k?
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:18 am

It seems like the log rankings are forever messed with due to this glitch. I hit about 25k as frost at 555 ilvl on that fight but I see some frost mages at 45k - 50k?
Wcl has a filter for them.

If you think the log is indeed with the bug, go to rankings -> and click export at the bottom. This will recheck for the filter.

45k-50k is pretty doable though on heroic kills, especially with fast kills.
Owner of Altered Time.

Twitch - Twitter - Arcane Guide (AT) - Arcane Guide (IV) - Fire Guide

For any issues with a moderator or the website, send me a PM!
Mageski

Unread postby Mageski Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:50 am

WCL seems to not be filtering this out. I re-exported a log from someone that admitted to using it (rank 1) and they are still rank 1.

*Edit* If someone knows someone at WCL that can fix this, I will PM you the link to the log.
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:32 am

If you're referring to Xyren's log of Mythic Imperator, the second kill where he does ~47K DPS is legit. Their first kill where he did 50K+ DPS has already been filtered. You can find it in the last page of rankings, doing 0 DPS.

If you're referring to a different log, feel free to share it here.
Admin of Altered Time.

Vatti

Unread postby Vatti Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:24 pm

Correct. The current Rank 1 is legit.
Mageski

Unread postby Mageski Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:27 pm

If you're referring to Xyren's log of Mythic Imperator, the second kill where he does ~47K DPS is legit. Their first kill where he did 50K+ DPS has already been filtered. You can find it in the last page of rankings, doing 0 DPS.

If you're referring to a different log, feel free to share it here.
Different log. I'll find it again.

Edit: So I found the logs in question and looked at them closer, false alarm. When someone showed me the first time and told me that the person said they'd used it, I didn't look close enough and posted prematurely.

Alcohol may have been involved. :lol:
isaac2314

Unread postby isaac2314 Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:43 am

At the risk of posting prematurely, I'm reporting that there seems to be a resurgence of similar exploits. As seen from the Armory profile here, it bears the mark of the old exploit, although I do not yet know how to replicate it, if it indeed is once again replicable.

I came across it originally in another thread, where people were talking about a 717 mage doing 120k dps and having a permanent ~53% multistrike bonus.

PS: I'm still trying to see if there's a log, but I can't find any yet.

PSS: the original article has been deleted, and the armory profile seemingly returned to normal, but the mage in question had ~61% in both mastery and multistrike, and there were screenshots of other mages having such abnormal stats. Maybe they already fixed it?

Return to “General Discussion”