Loot Eligibility

Note that these are only related to World of Warcraft! Posts regarding different games or software will be removed.
Chev
Global Moderator

Loot Eligibility

Unread postby Chev Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:16 am

Hi All,

Is anyone aware of an add-on which can report on a raid members loot eligibility?

In guild we currently use the EPGP system to distribute loot. As an officer in the guild, we have recently come across a problem where people are abusing the system by running a pug before joining the guild run so they are awarded EP without incurring GP as they are not taking any loot. This means they now have an unfair advantage over other people in the raid as their priority is so much higher and on top of that, they are reducing the number of drops available to the raid. E.g. The other night we had 2 items drop from a boss in a 25 man raid.

This wont be an issue when we get to Mythic as you can join multiple groups then but until we get there, we are looking to introduce a rule where people can not pug before the guild first raid night (day of the reset). The problem we have is I don't know of any way to check to see if group members have already run a pug raid and is loot locked other than taking their word on it. Does anyone know of an add-on that will do this?
Wilderness

Re: Loot Eligibility

Unread postby Wilderness Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:03 pm

I looked around for one for you but I couldn't find anything. I did stumble across a wow programming site that has a function that looks like it would build a list of who is eligible (and thus you'd know who wasn't) so it seems possible to do - I just couldn't find anything that did it. Which was kind of surprising actually, I'd think that plenty of people would want that functionality.
Ashamanxx || <Good Talk> || 13/13M
Killget

Unread postby Killget Fri May 08, 2015 3:22 pm

Hi Chev,

In my old guild we were using RC Loot Council, we had to leave epgp when people would pug ahead and skew the 'fairness' of awarding loot etc.

With HFC coming up, Heroics may will be relevant again, in Rc Loot Council, once the loot council ( usually made up of officers) have made a decision and the ML tries to dirtribute the loot, i believe that only the names of people who are eligible to accept loot, i.e. people who have not killed that boss on that lockout, will pop up.

Thought this might help
Chev
Global Moderator

Unread postby Chev Fri May 08, 2015 10:36 pm

Thank you for your response. In the end we ended up passing a rule which said people couldn't pug a HC run on the Wednesday and that seems to have have put the issue to bed for now, but I will keep your suggestion in mind should it become and issue again.
sargo

Unread postby sargo Sat May 09, 2015 2:10 am

I could only recommend using RC Loot Council as well, I am the masterlooter in our mytic raid and as I can see which items people already have I can determine which item is the biggest upgrade for the raid. so far we had no problems with that cause people know this kind of loot distribution would only positively affect themselves in the long run.
And besides I always hated the idea of collecting points to spend on loot, when you just can talk about it ( of course everyone needs to know what their respective BIS items are !)
we mostly don't like the players but definitely hate the game

Return to “Addons, Macros, UI and technical issues”