Portal Request Responding WA

Note that these are only related to World of Warcraft! Posts regarding different games or software will be removed.
elovia

Portal Request Responding WA

Unread postby elovia Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:13 am

Hello, if you are on a high pop server like I am you cannot go two minutes in Stormshield/Warspear without being nagged for ports. Now I know that there are some kind and generous people on this board, however I am not one of them. That is why instead of taking the 5 seconds to port someone, I chose to spend 6 hours learning some sketchy LUA and WeakAura basics to make one that auto-responds to anyone who whisper me requesting a port. Since I have to balance out all the negative karma I'm going to get from using it, I figured I'd do a good deed by sharing it with you guys.

http://pastebin.com/nSV41zzD" target="_blank

To set it up, go to the actions menu and change one or both of the SendChatMessage lines from "Your Witty Message" to whatever you want. When someone whispers you (only whisper, not BNet whisper) with a message that contains the letters "Port" (apologies to the Portuguese wine enthusiasts), it'll reply with whatever custom message you set. Enjoy!
Azo

Re: Portal Request Responding WA

Unread postby Azo Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:20 am

Or you can just give them portal to ancient Dalaran. Might get boorgin after a while but I find it amusing doing it on occassion.
Malon
Global Moderator

Unread postby Malon Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:31 pm

You're going to hate me for telling you this, but there's an easier way. Ok, it doesn't auto-respond to people specifically asking about portals, but it does the job:

/dnd Portals cost 50g.
Author of Wowhead's official Mage guide: http://www.wowhead.com/classes#mage
Follow me for Mage tips and tricks at @ArcaneTactics (https://twitter.com/ArcaneTactics" target="_blank)
nickseng

Unread postby nickseng Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:44 am

I never get whispered even though I'm on a high-pop realm. Think it might have to do with my mage's name starts with "W" and it's probably pretty low on the list. :D
DocileCraig

Unread postby DocileCraig Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:37 pm

I feel like the world has made me a bitter person. lately when asked for a portal I have nothing nice to say or do so if I don't just fly away, I will open a portal to where they asked to go, then respond to their whisper with "No." before hearthing to my garrison.

then if they offer money in their request I'll just do it no questions asked.

...I'm so cheap.
Calo
Global Moderator

Unread postby Calo Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:15 pm

Moved to UI & addons forum

Return to “Addons, Macros, UI and technical issues”