Help me set up sound cues

Note that these are only related to World of Warcraft! Posts regarding different games or software will be removed.
Kver
Administrator

Help me set up sound cues

Unread postby Kver Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:27 am

Since apparently it makes me good.

How do I do this the best way? Any specific addons I'll need to use?
Twitter!

It were as it be it were

I solve problems. Have a problem? Send me a PM!
Zychotic

Re: Help me set up sound cues

Unread postby Zychotic Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:08 am

Only thing i could think of is weak auras, with sounds when things come off cd etc?
Figdan

Unread postby Figdan Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:23 pm

you can do it in miks scrolling battle text as well. this way works better if you're looking for sound queues for when you crit etc
Kver
Administrator

Unread postby Kver Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:16 pm

I play Arcane, so I'm not sure. In general what cues would you advise? DBM sounds?
Twitter!

It were as it be it were

Figdan

Unread postby Figdan Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:26 pm

yeah dbm for sure. I have a weak aura set up to play a sound when my invokers falls off, or if im not in rune of power. you could also have one for missile procs
Zychotic

Unread postby Zychotic Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:42 am

When i played shadow a had a cue for mind blast off CD, i just find cues useful for CD spells tbh, what spells are you looking to cue?
Kver
Administrator

Unread postby Kver Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:04 am

The big procs I guess; for fire a critical strike on spells that can generate heating up, for frost brain freeze/ice lance, for arcane arcane missiles.
Twitter!

It were as it be it were

Soggs
Global Moderator

Unread postby Soggs Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:38 pm

So I tried setting up sound cues on MSBT and found out during this, that MSBT does not play sounds at all. For whatever reason. Does anyone know how to fix that?

Second question: How can I play a sound constantly when I am missing a buff? I.e. being outside of my Rune of Power.
Shoot me a pm if you want me to elaborate on my crazy thoughts. I sometimes lose track of what I actually meant to say.

"The game isn't as simple as you."

Currently caught up in a game called Real Life. Activity may suffer from this.
Figdan

Unread postby Figdan Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:14 pm

if you normally play with your sound off, make sure that the sliders for whatever channel you have the sound set to play through in your msbt isnt all the way down.
Pahonix

Unread postby Pahonix Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:41 pm

So I tried setting up sound cues on MSBT and found out during this, that MSBT does not play sounds at all. For whatever reason. Does anyone know how to fix that?

Second question: How can I play a sound constantly when I am missing a buff? I.e. being outside of my Rune of Power.
Your avatar suggests that you should definitely have this for that sound:

Soggs
Global Moderator

Unread postby Soggs Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:47 pm

if you normally play with your sound off, make sure that the sliders for whatever channel you have the sound set to play through in your msbt isnt all the way down.
Disabled sound on the addon and did not notice that. -.-
Your avatar suggests that you should definitely have this for that sound:

[...]
If anyone has that as a sound file, I would take it. It is pretty distinctive without being too annoying.
Shoot me a pm if you want me to elaborate on my crazy thoughts. I sometimes lose track of what I actually meant to say.

"The game isn't as simple as you."

Currently caught up in a game called Real Life. Activity may suffer from this.
Stressball

Unread postby Stressball Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:11 pm

I use sound cues for FB/Scorch and PB crits 2 when I play fire. I've found that the best audio files were text1 and text2 that come with Prat, though anything that activates immediately and doesn't last long will work.

Fire feels soooo much better with them, esp AT since you know when to expect a big/small ignite before it actually shows on ignite trackers.

It's pretty quick to set up in MSBT. I have a trigger set up for each spell (Scorch, Fireball, Pyro). Under the conditions page (the little gear icon) the event you use is "Skill Damage", and you need three conditions.

1) Source Unit Affiliation = You
2) Crit = True
3) Skill Name = <Spell you want to track>

Then click the wrench/screwdriver icon to add the scroll area and sound. Not sure if you need the scroll area, but I couldn't get it to work without it (if you haven't used MSBT that's just where on your screen the damage text shows, and you can suppress it). Select the sound file you want, and you're done.

If you want to know what it sounds like...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z65dukIVArU" target="_blank

I just use visual cues for procs and the like, but you could easily set those up similarly in MSBT.
Berlinia

Unread postby Berlinia Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:22 am

I have a voice: I am trying to get your attention you dumbshit whenever I am outside of RoP.
Zrog

Unread postby Zrog Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:39 pm

I recommend GTFO, for an audible alarm to tell you that you're standing in something you shouldn't. Great add-on, especially when learning fights.
Kasc

Unread postby Kasc Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:42 pm

I noticed that my old fire 'Sound on crit' weakaura was mistakeningly also triggering for multistrikes that critical strike.

Here's an updated WA trigger that will ignore mulstrikes:

Type -> Custom
Event Type -> Event
Event(s) -> COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED
Custom Trigger ->

Code: Select all

function(event, ...) if select(2, ...) == "SPELL_DAMAGE" then local _, _, _, srcGUID, _, _, _, _, _, _, _, _, spellName, _, _, _, _, _, _, _, crit, _, _, _, ms = ...; if crit and not ms then if srcGUID == UnitGUID("player") then if spellName == "Fireball" or spellName == "Pyroblast" or spellName == "Inferno Blast" or spellName == "Scorch" then return true; end end end end end
Maybe I'm mistaken and wasted time learning about COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED, but I couldn't find where the equivalent 'Ignore Multistrikes' tickbox was. It also won't work for Koragh since the event subtype will be SPELL_ABSORB and I don't really have a good place to test this (and I haven't had the time).

Return to “Addons, Macros, UI and technical issues”